Steven Mizrach – CyberFortean Anomaly Informationalist
- Tribute to John Keel by Steven Mizrach www.fiu.edu/~mizrachs[Adjunct Lecturer, Florida International University, Department of Sociology / Anthropology]
- Are we living in an ESPIONAGE SOCIETY?
- UFO ABDUCTIONS AND RACE FEAR
Super Spectrum Hypothesis
- The Ghost in the Machine: Haitian Voudoun and the Matrix William …
- Mothman Prophecies – The Movie Review
- Voices from Cyberspace?
Or something else… Trouble brewing in cyberspace?
As John Keel notes, ever since Swedenborg, people have been warned not to trust excessively in what the spirits have to say. For the one thing Swedenborg was certain of was that they lie. Keel feels they have told the same-old just-so stories and falsehoods for so long (especially ones about the impending end of the world) that he feels the ultimate origin of all these communications might be some sort of “Great Phonograph in the Sky,” stuck on a nonsensical groove. He concluded that the entities he was in contact with during the writing of the Mothman Prophecies were not from the ranks of the gods, the dead, or extraterrestrials. Rather, they were malevolent disincarnate “superspectral” beings, existing within the fringe regions of the electromagnetic spectrum. These beings could manifest within the visible world, but only through some sort of draining from the energy of physical beings.
The idea that psi might be electromagnetic in nature was concluded early on by the Mesmerists. Nineteenth century mediums were convinced that ‘magnetic fluid’ was involved in telepathy and mediumization, and so magnets were frequently utilized in seances. There has been a great deal of research into the presence of electromagnetic fields in living beings; many researchers such as Harold Saxton Burr concluded that life was essentially electromagnetic in its basis (just like the computer… keep paying attention…) Therefore, might it not be possible that forms of life might exist which are purely electromagnetic in nature? That are not embedded in physical matter, just as your computer software is not embedded in the ROM hardware of your machine? Such forms of life might be expected to contact human beings through electronic equipment, when it is available, since not all humans are perceptually ‘tuned’ into the frequency region in which they exist…
William Gibson’s book Count Zero discusses a strange future in which AI entities in cyberspace have taken on the personalities of deities from Haitian folklore, and even “possess” the minds of devotees. Gibson suggests that once computer networks reach a certain complexity, so will the AIs that exist on them… and that such AIs might eventually take on a consciousness and autonomy of their own. As I have suggested elsewhere, electronic technology depends on the mysterious numinous world described by Quantum Electrodynamics (QED.) QED makes the electronic computer, that supremely rational device, possible, but its equations also describe a world where action occurs at a distance and certainties are replaced by probabilities. At the level of the quantum (below the Planck length), some physicists expect, parallel universes may interpenetrate. Should we be surprised, then, that the computer puts us in touch with other worlds beyond our own?
Wired Spirits, The Anomalist #4 – “The idea of contact with the dead is as old as the hills. But the medium through which the contact has taken place has undergone dramatic technological improvements in the past half century–from tape recorders and radios to telephones and computers. An anthropologist looks at these new wired spirits and finds trouble in cyberspace…” pp 58-71
- “Electromagnetic effects on human behavior,” MindNet Journal, Vol. 1 (No. 82) July 1996 by Steve Mizrach
- Welcome to Spookland: Tricks of the Trade of the CIA — by Steve Mizrach
- The Occult and Nazism Re-Examined — by Steve Mizrach
- Synthetic Telepathy and the Early Mind Wars by Richard Alan Miller
Prieure du Sion/ Rennes-le-Chateau mystery
- Secrets of Sion: The Mysteries of Rennes-le-Chateau and the Prieure du Sion
- Prieure of Sion: the Mystery deepens
Dr. Steven Mizrach – Home Page
Adjunct Lecturer, Florida International University, Global & Sociocultural Studies
- My Dissertation : “Natives on the Electronic Frontier: Technology and Cultural Change on the Cheyenne River Sioux Reservation” (4+ MB PDF file, electronically archived)
- Religious and Political Visual Symbolism in the Elian Gonzalez Affair : a visual-anthropological documentary photo essay
File Contents / Inventory:
The Occult and Nazism Re-Examined — by Steve Mizrach
“Electromagnetic effects on human behavior,” MindNet Journal, Vol. 1 (No. 82) July 1996 by Steve Mizrach
Welcome to Spookland: Tricks of the Trade of the CIA — by Steve Mizrach
UFOs reconsidered as fortean phenomena – Crash Collusion