The Anomaly Archives Weekly Email Newsletter
August 8th, 2019 – Austin, Texas
Open, Thursdays and Saturdays 2-6pm!
Greetings fellow Forteans, Anomalists, & UFOlks!
It’s a Bigfoot extravaganza this issue – having recently watched documentarian Seth Breedlove’s On the Trail of Bigfoot series and thoroughly enjoyed it, I’ve chosen to share one of the six episodes he’s shared for free via his YouTube channel. The episode in question is the one we’ve touched upon in past eNews installments where Seth and crew visited the Texas-based NAWAC (North American Wood Ape) group’s “Area-X” research site deep in the Ouachita Mountains in Southeastern Oklahoma. All of the episodes are excellent and I urge interested Anomalists to give them a try. I also highly recommend his other series – the ones I’ve watched and enjoyed include: The Flatwoods Monster: A Legacy of Fear (2018), Invasion on Chestnut Ridge (2017), The Mothman of Point Pleasant (2017), Casefiles (2017), and Minerva Monster (2015) – most of which are available on various streaming platforms.
Also in keeping with the Cryptozoological Extravaganza… for this week’s eNews Book-of-the-Week, I’ve chosen one of the bigger and deeper historical overviews of the 1970s era birth of modern Bigfoot research.
In other Bigfoot / Cryptozoology news…
- A Leading Sasquatch Researcher Is Opening Oregon’s First Bigfoot Museum. We Got a Sneak Peek.
- Largest fish species in the world spotted off Texas beach: report
- Rare Manatee Sightings at South Padre Island
- At 93, Oregon man still walks the woods in search of Bigfoot
- Bigfoot sighting in Kentucky? Couple recounts bizarre tale at Mammoth Cave
- Shots fired at Mammoth Cave over an alleged bigfoot sighting
“Brad Ginn and Madelyn Durand, a couple of Western Kentucky University students, said they were awakened in the middle of the night last weekend during a camping trip to Mammoth Cave by a gun-toting man hellbent on tracking down the legendary creature.”
Those last two stories of a couple’s strange experience while camping at Mammoth Cave reflect other recent darker headlines involving acts of gun violence committed by people with extreme “alternative” views of reality ranging from this Arizona case of a gun-wielding Bigfoot believer to a murder case in New York where lawyer’s say the shooter in the thrall of a conspiracy theory they call the “QAnon delusion“:
“A 24-year-old man who has been charged with shooting to death a reputed New York mob boss earlier this year thought he was under the influence of QAnon, pro-Trump Internet postings about the president supposedly battling a cabal of liberal elites, his lawyer wrote in a recent submission to New York state court.”
Of course these two incidents pale in comparison to the terrible tragedies in El Paso and Dayton. As I’ve mentioned before, I am a survivor of a 1979 mass-shooting / sniper event at San Antonio’s 1979 Fiesta “Battle of the Flowers” Parade. I’ve followed the transformation of the high school suicide cluster phenomenon and workplace rampage shootings of the 1980s and 90s as they’ve morphed into the surreal “Mass-Shooter Mayhem” / “Amok America” time we are living through now. I’ve reported on far too many of these incidents over the past twelve years on my PsiOp-Radio show. As much as I wish for us to find a solution to end these atrocities and as sickened as it makes me to research the topic, I find myself continuing to research the issue and revisit past attacks. To that end, I’ve been watching the Showtime TV series, Active Shooter: America Under Fire. It is a very powerful documentary series that focuses on the events themselves as told through the stories of survivors and emergency responders. Anyway – be careful out there; look out for each other and take care of one another…
. . .
Meanwhile, the UFO circus continues with reviews of the recent MUFON 50th Anniversary Symposium, continued critical analysis of the state of verified information about Tom DeLonge’s To The Stars Academy and the military UFO work of Luis Elizondo, reflection on the life and work of Mario Pazzaglini, deep-state / parapolitical audio interview with ARG (Alternate/Augmented Reality Games) pioneer Joseph Matheny on transmedia storytelling and the FBI’s recent warning against QAnon conspiracy theories as potential Domestic Terror Threat, and many other weird news stories for you to read.
Finally, we pay our respects to recently passed paranormal researcher Rosemary Ellen Guiley:
“She authored and compiled nearly 65 books, including books in the “Fate Presents” series, which included her newest title, Planet Bigfoot (2019).”
- Remembering Rosemary (Vimeo Video)
- In Memory of Paranormal Author Rosemary Ellen Guiley – Mysterious Universe
- Pioneering Paranormal Investigator Rosemary Ellen Guiley Dies at 69
- Author Rosemary Ellen Guiley, 69, Dies Suddenly
Check out all the links below in our News-Headlines section in this edition of the newsletter as well as the many more articles you can find at our Anomaly Archives Flipboard page.
That’s it for now …
Anomaly Archives & INACS (Map)
55 North IH-35, Suite 260 – And BEYOND!
Austin, TX 78702
Thursdays and Saturdays, 2-6 PM
Please Contact Us to Verify We Will Be Open. Thank You.
(512) 842-9046 / EMAIL
Book Of The Week
Far-Out, Shaggy, Funky Monsters
A What-it-is History of Bigfoot in the 1970s
by Daniel S. Green
- Book Review: Far-Out, Shaggy, Funky Monsters by Matt Bille (Blog)
- Book Review Far-Out Shaggy Funky Monsters A What It Is History of Bigfoot in the 1970s by Henry May (YouTube)
On the Trail of Bigfoot – Episode 5: Area X
Published on Jun 26, 2019
“Travel deep into the heart of the Ouachita Mountains in Southeastern Oklahoma where a Bigfoot investigative group called the North American Wood Ape Conservancy conducts research. Seth spends two days in this place where Bigfoot is said to walk and has a series of events unfold that change his way of thinking about the Bigfoot subject. From Small Town Monsters and filmmaker, Seth Breedlove (The Mothman of Point Pleasant, The Bray Road Beast) comes this stunning, 6 episode miniseries. Setting out the detail the entire history of the Bigfoot phenomenon, On the Trail of Bigfoot was filmed coast to coast during 2018 and features witnesses and investigators of the elusive creature.”
Chronology of Small Town Monsters Documentaries:
- Terror in the Skies (2019)
- On the Trail of… Bigfoot (2019)
- The Bray Road Beast (2018)
- On the Trail of… Champ (2018)
- The Flatwoods Monster: A Legacy of Fear (2018)
- Invasion on Chestnut Ridge (2017)
- The Mothman of Point Pleasant (2017)
- Casefiles (2017)
- Boggy Creek Monster (2016)
- Beast of Whitehall (2016)
- Minerva Monster (2015)
FLASHBACKS: Anomaly Archives eNews issues circa 2016 & 2017
- Cryptozoologist of Year 2017: Seth Breedlove
- Breedlove, Wamsley to present ‘The Mothman Legend’ – The Point Pleasant Register
- Filmmaker Seth Breedlove Talks New Miniseries “On The Trail of Bigfoot” | Rue Morgue
All of this Bigfootery reminds us of the excellent presentation that Jeremy gave to our Anomaly Archives audience back a couple of years ago … this flashback below also features links to the SasWhat podcast episode from two years ago in which a different Seth talks with Texas based bigfoot research org memebers from NAWAC about the infamous Area-X that Jeremy talks about with Seth (Breedlove) in our Cargo Culture feature video…
FLASHBACK March 2016: Bigfoot reports & southern habitats . . .
Talking “On The Trail Of Bigfoot” with Seth Breedlove
“Journalist Jeremy D. Wells discusses the new “On the Trail of Bigfoot” mini-series, from Small Town Monsters, with writer and producer Seth Breedlove.
NOTES: I mistakenly say Daryl Colyer had his first Bigfoot sighting along the Pedernales River. Colyer has confirmed that it was actually along the Trinity River where a large, red (the color of dead pine needles), hair-covered creature crossed the path in front of him. This interview was initially the basis for a magazine article and review of the “On the Trail of Bigfoot” series. Though there are things in the audio that Breedlove asked me not to focus on in that story, or to keep “off the record”, he has given his permission to use the complete, unedited audio of our interview.”
– Jeremy Wells
Here are some headlines of note for this week:. . .
. . .
- Hike, Fish, and Play—but Watch Out for Bigfoot—at the Mineola Nature Preserve – Texas Highways Magazine
- American Libraries Magazine: Newsmaker – George Takei Actor and activist shares lessons from a childhood spent in WWII internment camps
- Weekly Wrap: ‘Send Them Back,’ New Asylum Rules, Storming Area 51
- Cosmic Ray Particle Scans Reveal Details of a Mysterious Underground Vault in Russia
- Fantastic Universe: UFOs and Civilian Saucer Intelligence
- The ‘Storm Area 51’ Event Has Turned Into a Marketing Stunt – VICE
Check out more news links at the