Location, Directions, Hours
Austin, TX 78704
TEMPORARILY CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
To verify we are open please contact us via phone (call/text us at 512-842-9046)
or via email ahead of your visit.
About the Anomaly Archives
- Preservation and dissemination of scientific research into anomalous phenomena
- Research and analysis of accumulated collections
- Education of the public regarding scientific investigations into these phenomena
Purposes of the Institute:
- Managing and developing an archive and library for documents and literature with regards to a multi-disciplinary approach to anomalous phenomena,
- Supporting, promoting and pursuing research to obtain increased knowledge about anomalous phenomena, and
- Pursuing and stimulating a critical, scientific discussion of anomalous phenomena, and providing a forum for information, support, and sharing among researchers while,
- Functioning as the archives and library for like-minded organizations, and other groups in the community that have similar interests.
Our collection houses over 7,000 books as well as research materials such as, videos, documents, thousands of periodicals and “zines”, and personal correspondence of researchers and experiencers. Along with the S.A.I. collection, we also curate the collections of Austin MUFON (Mutual UFO Network), and INACS (Institute for Neuroscience And Consciousness Studies), and previously those of Austin IONS (Institute Of Noetic Sciences) and JSA (Jung Society of Austin). We house many great books that discuss a wide range of scientific subjects including:
UFOs and Ufology
- Fortean Phenomena
- ParaPolitical Science
- Human Potential
- Jungian Theory
Check out our various Collections.