The Anomaly Archives Weekly Email Newsletter
Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 2/15/2016
February 15th, 2016 – Synchronicities abound and seem to play an important role in the study of anomalous phenomena. Or do they? The difference between coincidence and synchronicity is simply the presence of meaningfulness in the eye of the beholder. Even esteemed UFO researcher has talked about this as far back as in his 1979 book Messengers of Deception and more recently during his 2011 presentation at the Ted-X Talks in Brussels called “A Theory of Everything (Else)”. This lecture was about Vallee’s desire to work towards a “physics of information” that might explain the many synchronistic aspects of UFO encounters and related paranormal phenomena.
So do these data points below suggest a meaningful coincidence to you?
- The recent passing of space-exploring legend Edgar Mitchell and his outspoken claims regarding his growing up near Roswell, New Mexico, along the 33rd parallel.
- The recent passing of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, 33 miles from Marfa, Texas, having spent the day quail hunting.
- Scalia’s death occurred nearly 10 years to the day that his fellow hunting partner, Dick Cheney, accidentally shot “well-connected Republican attorney” and downtown Austin property owner Harry M. Whittington in the face… while quail hunting.
Austin Attorney Harry Whittington
(With Frost Bank Owl over his shoulder)
- That same week in February 2006, one of Harry Whittington’s downtown Austin properties had been accidentally set on fire, for the second time that year. A property which just happened to house Austin’s most legit terrestrial alternative radio station, the then largely left / libertarian leaning KOOP Radio 91.7 FM station; the fire forcing it off air for 17 days. A third fire, two years later at its new location, was set by a former station volunteer who was convicted of arson and set free after being sentenced to ten years imprisonment but serving 120 days at the Texas State Prison in Huntsville.
- Two years earlier, in February 2004, Scalia and Cheney made headlines because of the Supreme Court Justice’s refusal to recuse himself in the case he was seeing dealing with Cheney’s company Haliburton. Instead, he went on a duck hunting trip with him.
- Since its publication in 1995, Trance Formation of America: The True Life Story of a CIA Mind Control Slave by Cathy O’Brien and Mark Phillips has repeated the tale of Dick Cheney being a “Most Dangerous Game” hunter of humans.
- Inevitable pop-culture sync references to the Cheney / Whittington / Scalia shooting include a May 2007 episode of Family Guy (season 5, episode 18) called “Meet the Quagmires” in which a history altering time-travel plot reveals a timeline in which “the Dick Cheney hunting accident” involved “the ‘Chairman of Halliburton’ accidentally shot and killed Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, political campaign advisor Karl Rove, and conservative media consultant Tucker Carlson.” (Video)
- Cheney’s memoir, In My Time, was released in 2011. In it he “revealed that one of his greatest regrets was not related to the war on terror – it was shooting a friend on a hunting trip”
- Meanwhile, Piers Morgan joked about the “Most Dangerous Game” theme with Scalia in a 2012 interview (Video) and cartoonist Pat Bagley of the Salt Lake Tribune drew a strip featuring rocket-launcher-toting hunting-buddies Dick & Antonin. Scalia says he is bringing the “beer” but Cheney hears “deer” and shoots.
So, is there any there there? Is there any information in that data? Or is this all just the bizarrely normal yet weird ebb and flow of space-time events in post-911 surreality? Is it meanginful, is it SynchroMystic, or is it just randomness? You decide!!
Be Sure To Check Out The Latest Book-Of-The-Week
Plus News Headlines & Event Info below…
See you next week!
– SMiles Lewis / Founder
Book of the Week: The Marfa Lights: Being a collection of first-hand accounts by people who have seen the lights close-up or in unusual circumstances, and related material by Judith M Brueske (1989)
Judith Brueske says, “The ‘Marfa Lights of west Texas have been called many names over the years, such as ghost lights, weird lights, mystery lights, or Chinati lights. The favorite place from which to view the lights is a widened shoulder on Highway 90 about nine miles east of Marfa…at this ‘official Marfa Lights viewing site’. The lights are most often reported as rather distant bright lights distinguishable from ranch lights and automobile headlights on Highway 67 (between Marfa and Presidio, to the south) primarily by their aberrant movements.”
Marfa Film Festival | July 13-17, 2016
2015 Marfa Lights Festival (Sept. 4-6, 2015)
Organizers say this could be final year of Marfa Lights Festival (2014)
Check out some more links about this book.
Here are a some other headlines of note for this week:
- UFOs & Radar: A Classic Case – Nick Redfern
- Flashback 1999: Engineering in the CIA: ELINT, Stealth, and Beginnings of Information Warfare by S. Eugene Poteat, South Carolina Gamma ’57 (PDF) – THE BENT of Tau Beta Pi, Fall 1999
Alternate PDF at FOIA.CIA.GOV
Alternate PDF at GWU.EDU NSA Archive
- Flashback 2008: UFOs and Radar Spoofing – The Daily Grail
- Flashback 2008: Radar expert laments media apathy “Bound for Crawford … FAA radar hits profile the flight path of a mysterious object for more than an hour as it cruised toward President Bush’s home in Texas” by Billy Cox
- Flashback 2010: PsiOp Radio podcast 136 with guest Mark Pilkington on UFO Disinfo “Mirage Men” – (MP3)
- Flashback 2011: Project Palladium: Testing Soviet Radars
- Flashback 2011: Project PALLADIUM Had Cuban Pilots Chasing UFOs
- Flashback 2014: Area 51, the CIA and Cold War UFOs: TD Barnes TD Barnes on Area 51, the CIA and Cold War UFOs – Curt Collins interviews T.D. Barnes about Project Palladium
- The Petit-Rechain Photo, Leslie Kean, Debunkers, and Why Photo Evidence Will Always Be “The Straw-Man” – TerraObscura.net
- Govt `confirms’ meteorite blast in Vellore killed man – DailyReadList.com
- Scientists question Tamil Nadu government’s claim that meteorite blast killed bus driver in Vellore – IndiaTimes.com
- Panthers Still Seize N.C Imagination – Coastal Review Online
- BFRO Report 9552: Moose hunter shoots “bigfoot” to death – BFRO.net
- Minerva monkey mystery persists … – ThisWeekNews.com
- The Truth Behind Serbia’s Notorious Witchcraft Subculture – Vice.com (Video)
- Scientists Claim That They Have Discovered How to “Delete” Unwanted Memories – Futurism.com
Membership Drive 2016
Would you like to check-out books from the Anomaly Archives lending library?
Do you want to help preserve the history of UFO and related anomalies research?
Then Become An Official Member TODAY!
Your membership will help support these efforts.
The best way to show your support is to become a member and to sign-up for the auto-renewing annual membership subscription through PayPal.
Monthly Public Meetings
Monthly discussion on the latest news and research into the fields of inquiry covered within our anomalous collections including: UFOs and Ufology, Consciousness, Parapsychology, Fortean and Paranormal Phenomena, Cryptozoology, Parapolitics and Conspiracy, Human Potential … and MORE!
The Anomaly Archives holds monthly meetings (usually) on the Fourth Saturday of each month. Contact SMiles Lewis or Mark Muecke via email for updates. The meetings are FREE (Donations Welcomed!) and held from 1-3pm at the INACS / Anomaly Archives headquarters located in North West Austin. (Map)
Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 2/15/2016