TRINITY: The Best-Kept Secret
by Jaques Vallée,& Paola Leopizzi Harris
“…Vallée turned his attention to another old case, one that many UFOers regard as a nothingburger, if not a sham.
In 1945—one month after the very first nuclear weapon test, codenamed Trinity—two kid cowboys in the New Mexican desert, aged 7 and 9, heard a crash. They found an avocado-shaped craft, inside of which were mantis-like occupants. The beings seemed to be in pain, which made the younger boy cry. The two witnesses went decades without speaking of what went down. One metal artifact, still under analysis, remains from the site.
Last year, Vallée self-published a book about the case, coauthored with Paola Harris, an Italian ufological journalist who once taught at the American Overseas School of Rome and currently teaches at a Hawaii-based nonprofit that supports alien contactees, government whistleblowers, and the cause of galactic diplomacy. His decision to partner with her rankled the UFO community. Why, some asked, would this no-nonsense Scully saddle up with a woo-woo Mulder? (Evidently, they had forgotten about the fruits such a dynamic can bear.) The book suffers from a need for professional editing, but it is classic Vallée, marching confidently into the shifting borderland between fringe and mainstream. In the end, the reader must decide whether to believe in the phenomenon or not.”
SOURCE: Jacques Vallée Still Doesn’t Know What UFOs Are – WIRED magazine
. . .
Timeline of previous media exposure:
- 1996/1997 – Kevin Randle believes he & Don Schmitt were contacted by email
- 2002-2003 – Swiatek got email fwd from Don Berliner to FUFOR
- 2003 – Jose Padilla on the Jeff Rense Program (November 18, 2003)
- 2005 – Reme Baca, paper created March, 2005, and provided to Ryan S. Wood in advance of a November, 2005 “UFO crash retrieval” conference.
- 2010 – Kevin Randle thinks he and Stan Friedman got emails in 2010
- 2010 – Jose Padilla radio interview with host Richard Syrett in December 2010
- 2010 – December 10, 2010 Jose Padilla interviewed by Mel Febregas on Veritas Radio
- 2011 – Baca book Born on the Edge of Ground Zero
- 2016 – RSRG contacted by Mufon investigator about concerns
- 2022 – February 22, 2022 – Rob Swiatek says he recalls Don Berliner of FUFOR being contacted by the witnesses (2002-2003) via email fwd to Swiatek and other Fund members. / Randle says that he and Don Schmitt were contacted 1996/1997 by Baca – sounded like San Augustin plains; Stan Friedman also possibly contacted. Kevin says he was emailed info about it in 2010. A Different Perspective with Kevin Randle: Guest – ROBERT SWIATEK
. . .
From Amazon.com …
“Hard evidence has existed since 1945 for the actual recovery of unidentified flying craft in the United States, according to a new research book, “TRINITY: The Best-Kept Secret” written by two seasoned analysts of the global patterns behind the UFO phenomenon. Italian investigative journalist Paola Leopizzi Harris and French-born information scientist Dr. Jacques F. Vallée have teamed up to uncover the details of a New Mexico crash in 1945, fully two years before the well-known incident at Roswell and the famous sighting by pilot Kenneth Arnold in 1947. Over several site investigation surveys Harris and Vallée reconstructed the historic observations by three witnesses, two of whom are still living, who described to them the circumstances of the crash, with details of the recovery of a nearly-intact flying vehicle and its occupants by an Army detachment. Combining their long experience in field research around the world, the authors have documented the step-by-step efforts by the military to remove the object, an avocado-shaped craft weighting several tons, from the property where it crash-landed during a storm. Surprisingly, the literature of the field only includes a few passing mentions about the case, and only one (foreign) TV documentary has mentioned it, but the correlation between the crash of the extraordinary object and the explosion of the first atom bomb at White Sands, less than 20 miles away, has been missed. Harris and Vallée suggest that the correlation is significant for physical, geographic and biological reasons, quite apart from the obvious strategic implications. The witnesses were able to observe not only the actual crash of the object on their property but every step of the military efforts to lift it and take it away. Fearing retaliation, they remained silent for some 60 years about what they had seen and done over those nine days at the site while the recovery was proceeding. When placed in the context of the history of chemical and physical analysis of retrieved UFO debris–an area where Harris and Vallée have long collaborated—the devices observed by the witnesses raise a number of very important scientific questions. The Honorable Paul Hellyer, former Minister of National Defence of Canada, has stated: “Paola Harris and Jacques Vallée have spent much effort doing field research on location (…) It is now time that their discovery be revealed to the world.” Christopher Mellon, former deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, called the data “fresh reason to believe that our government is concealing physical proof of alien technology. Read the book, and if persuaded, join the millions of other Americans seeking a straight answer.” And Professor Paul Hynek added that the research “reveals a new UFO history.””