The Anomaly Archives Weekly Email Newsletter
Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 2/8/2016
February 8th, 2016 – Sadly, most archival work comes about as the result of the passing of other fellow seekers. This weekly newsletter will necessarily be regularly filled by news of the passing of various people of note in the wide variety of anomalous fields of inquiry covered by the Anomaly Archives. In our first weekly issue we noted the passing of Starman David Bowie. This week we pay homage to former astronaut, and founder of IONS (the Institute Of Noetic Science), Edgar Mitchell. The local Austin chapter of IONS is where many of our organization’s board members originally met and the larger organization has been a point of inspiration for us over the years. After some recent changes to the local group, a new meetup has formed called ACE – Austin Consciousness Explorers.
New Age Paranormal UFO Conspiracy Cruise Industry Further Tarnished After EnvironMental Polluters Arrested…
- Hermosa Beach couple charged with trying to defraud U.S. government by Larry Altman, Daily Breeze, 2/01/16
- Watch a Cruise Ship Pollute as Much as 13 Million Cars—in One Day, Apr 23, 2015
- Sean David Morton, A classic UFO Watchdog article by Royce Myers, III (circa pre-2010)
- ConspiraSeaCruise.com – promoted by Nick Begich & others?
- MufonCruises.com – sponsored by the Mutual UFO Network?
- ConsciousnessCruises.com – promoted by IONS?
Check out our latest Book-Of-The-Week below…
- In Advance of the Landing: Folk Concepts of Outer Space by photographer Douglas Curran
Book of the Week: In Advance of the Landing Folk Concepts of Outer Space by Douglas Curran
“Douglas Curran has rediscovered the New World – with its own religion and a tribe of credulous believers no less brave than the Cree or the Wampanoag. A not-ready-for-prime-time cult that makes up in fervor what it lacks in style. One that seems to worship equally Ray Walston and Stephen Hawking.”
Chris Carter, creator of “The X-Files” www.DougCurranPhotos.com
Check out some more links about this book, including the documentary adaptation.
Here are a some other headlines of note for this week:
- Researchers have found an ‘octopus village’ off Australia that reveals the creatures’ social side – Business Insider
- Ravens might possess a Theory of Mind, say scientists – CSMonitor.com
- Dogs are sensitive to small variations of the Earth’s magnetic field – Frontiers In Zoology
- Fleeting Wonders: America’s Only Jaguar Makes An Appearance in Arizona (Video)
- Feral: The children raised by wolves by Fiona Macdonald, October 2015
- Imagine A World Where Humans Evolved From These 15 Different Animals by 1600s French painter and art theorist, Charles Le Brun
- Dean Radin on the Human Experience Podcast (Audio)
- Earth is made up of two planets fused together, new research suggests – ScienceAlert.com
- How I got duped by crop circle science. Nancy Talbott vs. Matt Williams by Alex Tsakiris of Skeptiko
- CIA highlights old UFO files prior to new X-Files episodes – OpenMindsTV
- Mulder, Scully, Fact & Fiction, Parts One / Two / Three by Nick Redfern
- The X Files’ Mitch Pileggi at Zach Theatre. What conspiracy brought the actor back to Austin, Zach, and FBI assistant director Walter Skinner all at the same time? By Robert Faires, Feb. 5, 2016
- See MORE X-Files links and these other Tracy Twyman articles at our online archives and below…
- The Invisible Mountain and the Flat Earth
- R.E.M., the Fake Moon, and the Flat Earth
See also… other spotlighted news links below!
Last week’s episode of the X-Files was about Nicholas de Vere
Tracy Twyman “…was once associated publicly with a now-deceased writer named Nicholas de Vere (the full-length name he gave himself was “Prince Nicholas de Vere von Drakenberg”). He claimed to be the head of a secret society with an ancient lineage called “the Dragon Court,” and said that he himself was the foremost scion of a royal bloodline going back to praeterhuman creatures that pre-dated the Garden of Eden. He had a lengthy genealogy for himself drawn up that connected his lineage to virtually every important person in history, including biblical and mythological figures as well. De Vere seriously purported that his lineage made him super-human, a member of the “Dragon race,” and he would accept applications to his order from other people with lineage stemming from royal bloodlines that he claimed were part of the Dragon family. I was actually asked to join and even, for a time, lead the “Dragon Court,” and helped Nicholas de Vere to publish his first book explaining his claims: The Dragon Legacy. He had many fanatical followers who believed his claims, and I admit, I helped to promote them.”
‘X-Files’ tips a (straw) hat to iconic ’70s TV character by Eric Hegedus, February 1, 2016 – NYPost.com
Membership Drive 2016
Would you like to check-out books from the Anomaly Archives lending library?
Do you want to help preserve the history of UFO and related anomalies research?
Your membership will help support these efforts.
The best way to show your support is to become a member and to sign-up for the auto-renewing annual membership subscription through PayPal.
Expand Your Mind Through Dreaming: How To Work With Liminal Dream States, Part One
This is Part 1 of a 6-part live interactive webinar that is being produced and broadcast by Evolver Learning Lab.
Wednesday, February 10th, 6:30 to 9:00 PM
INACS @ 12593 Research Blvd Ste 302, Austin, TX (MAP)
Please RSVP via Meetup.com
Monthly Public Meetings
Monthly discussion on the latest news and research into the fields of inquiry covered within our anomalous collections including: UFOs and Ufology, Consciousness, Parapsychology, Fortean and Paranormal Phenomena, Cryptozoology, Parapolitics and Conspiracy, Human Potential … and MORE!
The Anomaly Archives holds monthly meetings (usually) on the Fourth Saturday of each month. Contact SMiles Lewis or Mark Muecke via email for updates. The meetings are FREE (Donations Welcomed!) and held from 1-3pm at the INACS / Anomaly Archives headquarters located in North West Austin. (Map)
Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 2/8/2016