Source: Anomaly Archives eNews – February 1st, 2020
The Anomaly Archives Weekly Email Newsletter
February 1st, 2020 – Austin, Texas
New Monthly Meetup Second-Saturdays in 2020
The Anomaly Archives hosts a monthly public meeting the Second Saturday of each month. Meetings are 3pm-5pm so guests will have an hour before and an hour after to peruse the library and archives outside of the meeting times. The library will be open throughout its regular Saturday Open Hours from 2-6pm (so long as we have enough volunteers to staff it during the meeting). Sign up for our Meetup.com group for regular updates.
These monthly meetings are an opportunity for the public to learn more about the Anomaly Archives as well as for existing Lending-Library-Members to meet and discuss the latest Anomalous, Fortean, Mysterious, Paranormal, UFO, and Weird News Headlines (Check out our Flipboard online magazine links) and Events! Each meeting will feature some of the latest and most interesting anomalous news with insights gleaned from the Anomaly Archives collection of rare materials and its network of researchers.
Every other meeting (even numbered months) will feature a brief presentation and discussion of the Anomaly ADVENTURE Club! Those meetings will be lead by “Viktor Criterion” and “Einida Ecxs” of Super Fun Adventure Quest Time (SFAQT).
The Anomaly Archives endeavors to revive and inspire people’s sense of Wonder and Adventure!
First Anomaly Adventure Club Meeting – February 8th, 3-5pm
“Bring ‘em Back Amused. The Tale of Frank Buck and his Monkey Mountain.”
There beats in the hearts of many the yearning for adventure, and so, in 1911, to satisfy that need “Adventure!” magazine was created. It was filled with thrilling tales of travel, intrigue, and exotic occurrences.
It spawned a club of like-minded people who gathered to revel in the idea of adventure and all its tantalizing trappings — the Adventurer’s Club. Adventurers gathered every month to share stories of excitement and glory. Many interesting people have crossed the Club’s threshold, and it is high time that their stories be shared with a wider audience.
One of these adventurers was once a household word and an American celebrity whose very name was a byword for all things exotic and thrilling. This was Frank Buck of Gainesville, Texas, an animal collector who cared so deeply about the animals he rounded up for zoos that his motto was, “Bring ‘em back alive.” His passion for animals led him to fame and fortune, movies and mayhem. The things he managed to do and experience in his lifetime will both astonish and amuse.
To find out more about this long-lost yet fascinating character from the recent past , please join us for “Bring ‘em Back Amused. The Tale of Frank Buck and his Monkey Mountain.”
The Anomaly Archives Adventurer’s Club meeting will be held from 3pm to 5 pm on Saturday, February 8th, 2020.
More information at the links:
Support the Anomaly Archives with your Amazon.com Purchases
One of the easiest ways for you to support our nonprofit mission and goals is by selecting us as your AmazonSmile Program charity-of-choice. Then all you have to do is make sure your qualifying purchases are made through our AmazonSmile-Portal. That’s it! You don’t have to spend any extra money – Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to the Anomaly Archives.
Until next time – keep it weird!
SMiles Lewis / Founder
Anomaly Archives & INACS (Map)
55 North IH-35, Suite 260 – And BEYOND!
Austin, TX 78702
Thursdays and Saturdays, 2-6 PM
Please Contact Us to Verify We Will Be Open. Thank You.
(512) 842-9046 / EMAIL
Book Of The Week
Inside the Black Vault:
The Government’s UFO Secrets Revealed
by John Greenewald Jr.
“In 1996, John Greenewald, Jr. began researching the secret inner workings of the U.S. Government at the age of fifteen. He targeted such agencies as the CIA, FBI, Pentagon, Air Force, Army, Navy, NSA, DIA, and countless others.
Greenewald utilized the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) to gain access to more than two million pages of documents. This archive includes information relating to UFOs, the JFK Assassination, chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons, and top secret aircraft. He took the millions of pages, and over the course of more than two decades, has built an archive known around the world, as The Black Vault.
Inside The Black Vault: The Government’s UFO Secrets Revealed takes you on a journey within the secret world of unidentified aerial phenomenon that has plagued the military since at least the 1940s. Declassified records prove that the UFO topic is one of the most highly classified and most elusive subjects the U.S. Government has ever dealt with. Each chapter explores various agencies and their documents, and Greenewald breaks down the meaning of why some of the most important documents are relevant to proving a massive cover-up.
Along with declassified documents, Greenewald outlines the struggle it took him to get them. No other topic has proven so difficult, in more than 8,000 FOIA requests that he has filed. He explores why that might be and meets skeptics and debunkers head on, outlining why some of their more prominent rebuttals for it all cannot be true.”
Support the Anomaly Archives / Buy a Copy Through Amazon Smile
Here are some headlines of note for this week:. . .
- Gabriel García Márquez exhibit to open at UT’s Harry Ransom Center
- “The Phenomenon”: James Fox’s New UFO Documentary (Trailer)
- The Colorado Mystery Drones Weren’t Real
- Harvey Weinstein’s ‘false memory’ defense is not backed by science
- All modern humans have Neanderthal DNA, new research finds
- AAWSAP and Skinwalker ranch – Kit Green makes a statement
- Fisherman is left gobsmacked after hauling a freaky three-legged creature from the Atlantic Ocean
- BOOK REVIEW: The UFO People: A Curious Culture by MJ Banias. Reviewed by THOMAS E. BULLARD
- Is someone using ‘chameleo’ technology to abduct victims?
- The Roswell Crash: “Project Blue Book” & Those “Small Coffins”
- Ship That Vanished in Bermuda Triangle Found Nearly a Century Later – Coast to Coast AM
- Inside Skinwalker Ranch, a Paranormal Hotbed of UFO Research
- Mind-Altering Cat Parasite Linked to Schizophrenia in Largest Study Yet
- A new aurora? Researchers say ‘the dunes’ aren’t like the usual lights in the sky
- U.S. Navy Denies Request To Release Key UFO Documents – The Black Vault
- The Phenomenon (2020) | Official Trailer HD
- DAMNED FINE RESEARCH: Redemption of the Damned, A Centennial Re-Evaluation of Charles Fort’s ‘Book of The Damned’. Anomalist Books, 2019. Reviewed by John Rimmer
- Do We All See the Man Holding an iPhone in This 1937 Painting?
- Visit Nepal’s yeti: How mythical creature divided Himalayan nation
- Catching Up With the UFOs
- Alien Information Theory — Part I: The Case for DMT Entities (Don’t Throw the Machine Elf Out With the Bong Water) – Graham Hancock Official Website
- Which Religion Is Friendliest to the Idea of Aliens?
- New study debunks myth of Cahokia’s Native American lost civilization: Ancient poop levels point to repopulation of iconic pre-Columbian metropolis
- BOOK REVIEW: The Enfield Poltergeist Tapes: One of the Most Disturbing Cases in History. What Really Happened? by Melvyn J. Willin. Reviewed by MICHAEL NAHM, Institute for Frontier Areas of Psychology and Mental Health
- At Last, the Guy Behind the Navy’s Wild UFO Patents Speaks
- Trippy photos show how beautiful water can look when it’s blasted with sound – Business Insider
- Navy submarine ‘encountered 500mph Nimitz UFO in ocean’ 4 years after sighting
- Could invisible aliens really exist among us? An astrobiologist explains
- Eric Wargo | The Freudian Unconscious as Misrecognized Precognition
- Kids And Professors Encounter UFOs In School’s Backyard For 2 Days In A Row | Close Encounters
- Elaine Chao: We still haven’t identified operators of mystery drones in Colorado and Nebraska
- Christine Simmonds-Moore | A Grounded Theory of Ghost Experiences
- A Policeman’s Bizarre UFO Encounter in New Mexico
- Final UFO sightings before secret RAF unit closed down to be published online
- Are We Living in a Simulated World?
- Exclusive: watch the trailer for The Booksellers, a new documentary about rare book dealers.
- The Ghost in the Machine. How Sociology Tried to Explain (Away) American Flying Saucers and European Ghost Rockets, 1946-1947 », in Alexander Geppert (ed.), Imagining Outer Space, European Astroculture in the Twentieth Century, New York, Macmillan, 2018, p. 224-244.
- “Piecing It Together” Gives Credit to Austin’s First Graffiti Artists
- In U.S., Library Visits Outpaced Trips to Movies in 2019
- In 2019, more Americans went to the library than to the movies. Yes, really.
- Fishing the Unknowns of Caddo Lake
- Man Stuck In Drainage Tunnel For 2 Days Rescued In North Austin
- Washington DOT tweets photos of possible Sasquatch sighting
- A burst of gravitational waves hit our planet. Astronomers have no clue where it’s from.
- The Secretive Inventor Of The Navy’s Bizarre ‘UFO Patents’ Finally Talks
- LSU mounds could be oldest man-made structure, but peer review necessary, professor says
- Memo by Secret Memo, the University of Texas Kept Segregation Alive Into the 1960s
- Watch: Series of Eerie Mystery Flashes Light Up Night Sky in Ohio – Coast to Coast AM
- Red-orange flash reported in skies above Clermont County: ‘I thought it was an explosion’
- ‘Houston Batman’ remains mystery decades after reported encounter
- Mysterious violet light appears over Swansea and west Wales
- AAWSAP/AATIP; MRI brain scans and Skinwalker Ranch
- High Times Greats: Interview With Robert Anton Wilson
- Strange sightings in the skies leaving many searching for answers
- Jane Goodall on how Bigfoot might be real
- AMAZING Ray Palmer, the pulp pioneer behind the flying saucer craze – Explore
- Gregory Shaw on Peter Kingsley
- Survival Of The Nicest? A Theory Of Our Origins Says Cooperation-Not Competition-Is Instinctive
- Magic and Michael Hughes | Stoop
- Are the Mystery Colorado Drone Swarms Lingering Near Nuclear Missile Silos?
- Top 25 Censored Stories of 2018-2019 from Project Censored
Check out more news links at the