The Anomaly Archives Email Newsletter
November 28, 2022 – Austin, Texas
Support the Anomaly Archives for #GivingTuesday 2022
Tuesday, November 29th is Giving Tuesday! “GivingTuesday is a Movement that Unleashes the Power of Radical Generosity Around the World.” The Anomaly Archives needs your help to survive and thrive. Great things are afoot in the world of the ParaWeird which encompasses UFOs/UAPs, the Mind, Alien Others, the Paranormal and the Super Natural. Please consider donating via PayPal, Facebook (see here for info on FB’s new donation matching plan for recurring donations) or other avenue. For more information email Contact@AnomalyArchives.org
First Annual Texas UFO Con in Jefferson, Texas
The first annual Texas UFO Conference / Convention was held the weekend before Thanksgiving on the heels of its organizer’s long-running Texas Bigfoot Conference. Craig Woolheater launched this inaugural event featuring speakers such as Nick Redfern, Daniel Alan Jones (who also MCd the event), local writers / researchers Mitchel Whitington, George Jones and Rita Louise, myself (SMiles Lewis) and others. The event was sponsored and its audio/video produced by Christopher Jordan of Curious Realm and HC Universal Network. Check out Christopher’s interviews with participants in our Video-Of-The-Week section below.
Christopher Jordan of Curious Realm and
Tx-UFO-Con Master of Ceremonies Daniel Alan Jones
Above images by Daniel Alan Jones.
How about an official Anomaly Archives
Mouse Pad for you or your family or friend…
Curious Realm On Location @ The 1st Texas UFO Con in Jefferson
CR Ep 051: LIVE from Texas UFOCon 2022
Featuring special guests from the conference… individual videos linked below:
- Rita Louise
- SMiles Lewis
- J Michael Long
- Nick Redfern
- Mitchel Whitington
- Daniel Alan Jones
- Joey “The UFO Magnet” George
Above image by Daniel Alan Jones.
KTXK.org UFO & Bigfoot Event Coverage
Tx UFO Con Coverage
- Nick Redfern is a notable author, researcher and journalist – whose research and writing on cryptids and UFOs has garnered him appearances on the history channel, BBC, Travel Channel and many others – On Saturday he was the key note speaker at the first Texas UFO convention in Jefferson Texas – Sabrina McCormick Reports (November 23, 2022).
- Sabrina McCormick caught up with speakers from the first Texas UFO Convention in Jefferson Texas recently. The conference was held this past Saturday there, and featured researchers and authors focusing on UFO encounters in the Lone Star State. In this instalment, she talks with an archivist out of Austin, Texas who is trying to make information sharing about these encounters and other such anomalies easier to access. (November 22, 2022).
- The city of Jefferson held its first annual UFO convention over the weekend – Sabrina McCormick covered the event, which featured a panel of experts that spoke about unexplained encounters in Texas (November 21, 2022).
- If you’re looking for an out of this world experience, Jefferson, Texas may have the solution you seek. The city will host its first annual UFO convention this Saturday. It will feature a cross section of Texas UFO enthusiasts and experts says event organizer, Craig Woolheater. Sabrina McCormick reports (November 16, 2022).
Tx Bigfoot Conf Coverage
- Jefferson Texas has become known as the Bigfoot Capital of Texas, there is even a statue of the famed cryptid prominently placed in the city. For the last several years, the city has hosted the Texas Bigfoot Convention. The three-day event serves as a place where enthusiasts, cryptozoologists and people who have had unusual and unexplained experiences can come to swap stories and learn more about the creature (and a host of other such cryptids). Sabrina McCormick spoke with several of the event’s speakers, this interview features world explorer Adam Davies. (October 28, 2022).
- Native Texan, Lyle Blackburn may wear only one hat (that is the signature black, wide brimmed cowboy hat he is often seen in) but he has many roles including author, actor, musician, and cryptozoological researcher. As a child Blackburn became fascinated with the Boggy Creek monster after watching the film. Today, he has become a notable expert on the beast and other such cryptids. Sabrina McCormick spoke with Blackburn at the Texas Big Foot Conference held in Jefferson, Texas this October. (October 28, 2022).
- From the wilds of Texas’ back country to the streets of the Dallas Metroplex, paranormal phenomena and strange creatures abound in Jason McLean’s book Metroplex Monsters. Sabrina McCormick spoke with McLean recently at the Texas Bigfoot Conference in Jefferson. (October 28, 2022).
- According to the Bigfoot Research Organization, or BFRO, regional sightings of the cryptid in the state of Oklahoma are most prevalent in LeFlore County, close to the Arkansas Border. The second most common area for sightings is nearby McCurtain County. The mountains stretch through both counties. At a recent Bigfoot Conference in Jefferson Texas, Sabrina McCormick spoke with one researcher who has been studying and documenting sightings in the Kiamichi area for more than twenty years. Today she files the last in a series of interviews from that conference. (October 28, 2022).
“Eyewitnesses, investigators, and cryptozoologists worldwide contend ample evidence exists supporting the survival of large, hairy, apelike creatures alongside mankind today, lurking in the wilderness. By all appearances, these beings appear wholly natural, interacting with their surroundings and leaving behind hair, blood, droppings, and, of course, footprints.
Yet despite their apparently physical nature, bigfoot and its hairy hominid kin consistently appear mired in High Strangeness—the peculiar, ineffable, and nonsensical absurdities so often encountered in paranormal phenomena.
Some sightings seem more consistent with mythology than biology. Bigfoot often present supernatual attributes, like luminescent eyes or the ability to pass, ghostlike, through structures. Anomalous lights are regulalry seen in areas of frequent sasquatch activity. Footprints persistently, if rarely, display odd numbered toes, and—most bafflingly—bigfoot trackways suddenly terminate in the middle of open, untouched terrain.
In Volume 1 of Where the Footprints End: High Strangeness and the Bigfoot Phenomenon, authors Joshua Cutchin and Timothy Renner carefully examine not only the intersection of hairy apemen with global folklore—of poltergeists, faeries, extraterrestrials, magic, witches, ghosts, and archetypal women-in-white—but also question the fundamental assumptions underlying contemporary cryptozoological beliefs surrounding bigfoot.”
Available from Dark Holler Arts
Anomaly News Headlines
- US Navy fighter pilot Clarence Clem talks about a UFO hovering over the Hanford nuclear site in 1945
- People in Portland Planted Trees. Decades Later, a Stunning Pattern Emerged
- The Southern England Broadcast Intrusion of 1977
- Charlottesville Psychiatrists Challenge Official Reality
- The Strange Case of the ODNI’s Missing UAP Report – The Debrief
- There’s a woman haunting the internet. She was created by AI. Now she won’t leave
- Scientists discover a mysterious solar system. It’s nothing like ours.
- UFO sightings over Sarnia in 1966 lead to new documentary film
- Dr Garry Nolan | 10/8/22 NYC | An Inquiry Into Anomalous Experiences & The Phenomenon Day One
- Sean Esbjörn-Hargens Inquire Anomalous Talk
- BU Astrophysicist Joins NASA Team to Study UFOs
- National UFO Historical Records Center coming to Albuquerque
- The Truth Was Out There: On the Legacy of Art Bell
- Cryptozoology museum to leave Portland after 20+ years | The Portland Phoenix
- A UFO (Book) Report
- Is our universe one big virtual reality? How to test if we’re really living in a computer simulation
- Drones over D.C.: Senators alarmed over potential Chinese spy threat
- PROJECT 1947 – Trip and Archive Report 2021 – Jan L. Aldrich.
- Harvard professor Avi Loeb to scour ocean floor north of Australia for crashed ‘alien technology’
- Scientists Are Investigating Signs of Ancient Human Civilization Underwater
Check out more news links at the
[NOTE: Inclusion of news & event info is purely informational
and does not indicate endorsement.]