Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 3/14/20
The Anomaly Archives Weekly Email Newsletter
March 14th, 2020 – Austin, Texas
New Monthly Meetup Second-Saturdays in 2020
MARCH MEETUP CANCELLED!
(See Below For Details)
Austin Artists: Consider Anomaly Archives as Your Inspiration for the Archives in Art Contest
UPDATE: Deadline Extended to March 31st
AND, we hope our Austin arts community will consider using the Anomaly Archives collections for its inspiration. We’ve got thousands of weird rare paranormal books, magazines, posters, cultural ephemera and more, covering a wealth of topics that might inspire your next art piece. So contact us about visiting the Anomaly Archives to find your muse! Our weekly hours are Thursdays and Saturdays from 2-6pm. Contact us via phone (512) 842-9046 or EMAIL.
ARCHIVES IN ART: AUSTIN ARCHIVES BAZAAR 2020 JURIED SHOW
Artists are encouraged to visit a local archival repository in person OR online and select an archival collection or item to interpret as a 2D visual creative work. The artist’s work can pay homage to historical events or figures, fuel discussion, or examine current events through a historical lens. Topics to consider include (but are not limited to): climate change, cultural celebrations, faith, family history, gentrification, human rights, identity, immigration, and incarceration.
Artists may transform and reconfigure copies of archival material, while being mindful of Fair Use Copyright Law. Sources used MUST be cited. See copyright.gov/fair-use/more-info.html for more information.”
Visit the Austin Archives Bazaar‘s “Archives in Art” webpage for more information about the Cash Awards, Jurors, Entry Deadlines, Entry Form, and MORE!
New Monthly Meetup Second-Saturdays in 2020
MARCH MEETUP CANCELLED!
“Out of an abundance of caution regarding the current Covid-19 pandemic (and for other personal reasons as well) we are cancelling our March Public Meetup. We may reschedule this event and/or hold it virtually via a live-stream on our YouTube channel. We will keep you all posted about our upcoming meetup schedule. Thank you.”
– SMiles Lewis
The Anomaly Archives endeavors to revive and inspire people’s sense of Wonder and Adventure!
The Next Anomaly ADVENTURE Club Meetup featuring Einida Ecxs & Viktor Criterion is currently scheduled for April 11th and the topic will be … ZOMBIES!
PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES ON MEETUP SCHEDULING IN THESE UNCERTAIN TIMES.
More information at the links:
We’ve finally posted Dr. Barbara MacLeod’s 2018 lecture at the Anomaly Archives. See below for details…
This week we feature one of my favorite books by one of my favorite British researchers … published by her Institute of Psychophysical Research. It also has one of my favorite book covers…
“The term ‘out-of-body experience’ was introduced in the 1960s by Celia Green … While there had been stories of out-of-body experiences for centuries, Green was the first to systematically examine a large number of first-hand accounts, from more than four hundred people …”
– Oliver Sacks, Hallucinations
Support the Anomaly Archives with your Amazon.com Purchases
One of the easiest ways for you to support our nonprofit mission and goals is by selecting us as your AmazonSmile Program charity-of-choice. Then all you have to do is make sure your qualifying purchases are made through our AmazonSmile-Portal. That’s it! You don’t have to spend any extra money – Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to the Anomaly Archives.
Until next time – keep it weird!
Anomaly Archives & INACS (Map)
55 North IH-35, Suite 260 – And BEYOND!
Austin, TX 78702
Thursdays and Saturdays, 2-6 PM
Please Contact Us to Verify We Will Be Open. Thank You.
(512) 842-9046 / EMAIL
Maya State Shamanism by Barb MacLeod @AnomalyArchives
Esoteric Shamanic Mythology and Classic Maya State Shamanism presented by Dr. Barbara MacLeod to the Anomaly Archives audience, September 23rd, 2018.[NOTE: We apologize for the bad audio quality with this presentation. We increased the volume significantly but it is still hard to hear.]
Book Of The Week
Proceedings of the Institute of Psychophysical Research; Volume 5
by Celia Green and Charles McCreery
“The subject of ghosts or apparitions is one of the perennial fascination to mankind. In this book Celia Green and Charles McCreery quote several hundred first-hand accounts of ordinary men and women’s encounters with ghostly figures, animals and even objects” –Book jacket.
Here are some headlines of note for this week:. . .
- Susan Hiller, artist who explored the paranormal, dies aged 78
- US Army Refuses to Release Records About Tom DeLonge’s UFO Organization
- Flying Saucers & the Regatta Queen Contest: Two Case Studies from 1947
- A Famous Cryptozoologist, A Mysterious Visitor, and the “Enema Bandit” | Mysterious Universe
- Ted Phillips Has Died
- Karl Hunrath and the Incredible Adventures of Bosco
- This Is the Real Estate Magnate Who Bought Skinwalker Ranch, a UFO Hotspot
- I am cited in India Sunday Guardian on “Tic Tac” USS Nimitz – Ratburger
- UFO Secrets: “If we are wrong in taking this action, time will tell” | Mysterious Universe
- SXSW canceled due to coronavirus after Austin declares ‘local disaster’
- NASA photo reveals mysterious hole in Mars ‘that may contain alien life’
- “Keep Austin Weird” Originator Remembered for Choosing Community Over Capital
- This Small Company Is Turning Utah Into a Surveillance Panopticon
- Navy Pilot’s 2004 UFO: A Comedy of Errors | Skeptical Inquirer
- Coronavirus Report, then the Long-Concealed Meaning of Encounters with the Others
- Meet ‘The Afronauts’: An Introduction to Zambia’s Forgotten 1960s Space Program
- SETI@home Search for Alien Life Project Shuts Down After 21 Years
- They came from outer Finland: the town where everyone saw UFOs – in pictures
- The Cryptoterrestrials: 10 Years After Publication | Mysterious Universe
- A Tiny, Lab-Size Wormhole Could Shatter Our Sense of Reality
- Lore and Legends Of Haunted Kelleys Island
- Sekret History: A critical review of the mysterious Tic-Tac UFO – The Unidentified
- Unconscious patients can now ‘speak’ with brain-computer interface tech
- Whither the Society for Psychical Research?
- A negative DIA response to a FOIA request about AATIP
- Exhibit for famed UFO researcher coming to Fredericton this summer | CBC News
- The CIA Admits Psychic Abilities Are Real, But Cannot Figure Out The Science Behind It
- Night Dreams Talk Radio With Gary Anderson: Feb. 25/20 – 78th Anniversary Battle OF L..A. & UFO’s Jeff Krause on Apple Podcasts
- Thousands of Denisovan tools reveal their Stone Age technologies
. . .
- When Flying Saucers Dropped on the USA
- This browser extension shows you which Amazon books are available free at your local library
- With An Election On The Horizon, Older Adults Get Help Spotting Fake News
Check out more news links at the