Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 9/28/2016
September 28th, 2016 – Austin, Texas
This edition’s Book-of-the-Week is another on the mystical lands that have allegedly sunk beneath the seas.
Check out some of the highlights from this week’s Anomaly-News-Headline links…
- Mandela Effect goes mainstream.
- Kevin Randle covers the Roswell Slides and their promoters.
- Spanish skeptic Jose Antonio Caravaca discusses his “Distortion Theory.“
- Brad Steiger tries to drive a stake through the heart of the Philadelphia Experiment Myth.
Find all of them and more at our Flipboard page: Anomaly Archives Flipboard.
See you in the next installment of our email newsletter!
SMiles Lewis / Founder
Book of the Week…
The Children of Mu
By James Churchward
Mu, as a lost Pacific Ocean continent, was later popularised by James Churchward (1851–1936) in a series of books, beginning with Lost Continent of Mu, the Motherland of Man (1926), re-edited later as The Lost Continent Mu (1931). Other popular books in the series are The Children of Mu (1931), and The Sacred Symbols of Mu (1933).
Churchward claimed that “more than fifty years ago,” while he was a soldier in India, he befriended a high-ranking temple priest who showed him a set of ancient “sunburnt” clay tablets, supposedly in a long lost “Naga-Maya language” which only two other people in India could read. Having mastered the language himself, Churchward found out that they originated from “the place where [man] first appeared—Mu.” The 1931 edition states that “all matter of science in this work are based on translations of two sets of ancient tablets:” the clay tables he read in India, and a collection of 2,500 stone tablets that had been uncovered by William Niven in Mexico.:7
Churchward gave a vivid description of Mu as the home of an advanced civilization, the Naacal, which flourished between 50,000 and 12,000 years ago, was dominated by a “white race,”:48 and was “superior in many respects to our own”:17 At the time of its demise, about 12,000 years ago, Mu had 64,000,000 inhabitants and many large cities, and colonies on the other continents.
Churchward claimed that the landmass of Mu was located in the Pacific Ocean, and stretched east–west from the Marianas to Easter Island, and north–south from Hawaii to Mangaia. He claimed that according to the creation myth he read in the Indian tablets, Mu had been lifted above sea level by the expansion of underground volcanic gases. Eventually Mu “was completely obliterated in almost a single night”::44 after a series of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, “the broken land fell into that great abyss of fire” and was covered by “fifty millions of square miles of water.”:50
Churchward claimed that Mu was the common origin of the great civilizations of Egypt, Greece, Central America, India, Burma and others, including Easter Island, and was in particular the source of ancient megalithic architecture. As evidence for his claims, he pointed to symbols from throughout the world, in which he saw common themes of birds, the relation of the Earth and the sky, and especially the Sun. Churchward claims that the king of Mu was named Ra and he relates this to the Egyptian god of the sun, Ra, and the Rapanui word for Sun, ra’a, which he incorrectly spells “raa.”:48 He claimed to have found symbols of the Sun in “Egypt, Babylonia, Peru and all ancient lands and countries – it was a universal symbol.”:138
Churchward attributed all megalithic art in Polynesia to the people of Mu. He claimed that symbols of the sun are found “depicted on stones of Polynesian ruins,” such as the stone hats (pukao) on top of the giant moai statues of Easter Island. Citing W.J. Johnson, Churchward describes the cylindrical hats as “spheres” that “seem to show red in the distance”, and asserts that they “represent the Sun as Ra.”:138 He also incorrectly claimed that some of them are made of “red sandstone”:89 which does not exist on the island. The platforms on which the statues rest (ahu) are described by Churchward as being “platform-like accumulations of cut and dressed stone,” which were supposedly left in their current positions “awaiting shipment to some other part of the continent for the building of temples and palaces.”:89 He also cites the pillars “erected by the Māori of New Zealand” as an example of this lost civilization’s handiwork.:158 In Churchward’s view, the present-day Polynesians are not descendants of the dominant members of the lost civilization of Mu, responsible for these great works, but are instead descendants of survivors of the cataclysm that adopted “the first cannibalism and savagery” in the world.:54
PDF of Book – CampbellMGold.com
Here are some headlines of note for this week:
Aliens & UFOs
- ExtraTerrestrial Mechanics: The Archetype and “Distortion” – Jose Antonio Caravaca
- FLASHBACK: Bibendum, The Perfect “Archetype” for the Distortion Theory – Jose Antonio Cara
- Jaime Mausan’s Legacy – Mexico’s UFOlks continued belief in the “Roswell Slides” as evidence of an alien body: Congreso de CSI Juan Misterio y Cospiraciones (Video Trailer)
- Kevin Randle interviews Don Schmitt, Curt Collins, and Tom Carey, about the Slides (2016)
- First-Ever Discovery: Complex Organic Molecules Found on Rosetta’s Comet – Jelor Gallego, Futurism.com
- UFOs may not necessarily be “objects” nor could they be “flying” – – Dr. Jacques Vallee – Norio Hayakawa
- Flying Saucers Over the Art Department! Jack Womack, TheParisReview.org
- Flying Saucers Are Real! (Deluxe Edition) Anthology Editions – Jack Womack
- Revealed: The many eerie cases of ‘shared delusion’ from all over the world after the Tromp family’s bizarre meltdown – from an alien encounter to a phantom drug siege – Belinda Grant Geary, DailyMail.co.uk
- UFOs, Sex Slaves And The CIA – Sean Casteel, Spectral Vision
- Are you living in an alternate reality? Welcome to the wacky world of the ‘Mandela Effect’ – Douglas McPherson, Telegraph.co.uk
- Why the Soviets Sponsored a Doomed Expedition to a Hollow Earth Kingdom: How a search for the hidden land of Shambhala turned into a geopolitical power play – Dimitra Nikolaidou, AtlasObscura.com
- Riding The Blurry Borders — The Evidence For Phantom Hitchhikers – David Metcalfe, ModernMythology.net
- Exclusive: This Special FX Team Hoaxes Paranormal Activity at Haunted Locations, and Business is Booming – Greg Newkirk, WeekInWeird.com
- Tricksters & the Trickster – TrickedByTheLight.com
- We Now Interrupt This Broadcast: Mysterious Television Transmissions – Brent Swancer, MysteriousUniverse.org
- The Most Bizarre Cases of Mysterious Phantom Attackers – Brent Swancer, MysteriousUniverse.org
- In 1947, a Diffusionist Writer Sicced the FBI on the Fortean Society for Rejecting His Anti-Columbus Book – Jason Colavito
- The Philadelphia Experiment: Brad Steiger and Real Visitors, Voices from Beyond and Parallel Dimensions – Kevin Randle
- Skinwalker Ranch activity shifts from paranormal to prosecutable – Joshua Murdock, UBMedia.biz
- 8-Foot-Tall Gray Alien Spotted Walking On Post Office Roof in Stephenville, Texas, According To Retired Police Officer – JohnThomas Didymus
- 15th Texas Bigfoot Conference 2016
- Mothman Festival returns this weekend: A guide to events and attractions – Beth Sergent, MyDailyRegister.com
- A lot of “Voice Hearing” isn’t an auditory experience at all – Christian Jarrett, British Psychological Society, BPS Research Digest
- IRVA 2016 PSI Games (Video)
- Kenneth Anger: ‘The occult never quite goes away’ – TheGuardian.com
- A ‘Memory Hacker’ Explains How to Plant False Memories in People’s Minds – Kate Lunau, Vice.com
- I left the CIA to become a psychic medium – Kristin McNamara, NYPost.com
- The PK Man and Mercurial Hermeneutics with Jason Reza Jorjani – Jeffrey Mishlove, New Thinking Allowed (Video)
Deep State / Parapolitics
- Organised abuse in adulthood: Survivor and professional perspectives (PDF) – Michael Salter
- “I’m still angry”: Oliver Stone slams “superficial election,” media “idiots,” Orwellian U.S. politics: The award-winning director of “Snowden” condemned U.S. warmongering and foreign policy in an interview – Ben Norton, Salon.com
- Austin 911 Truth Fest 2016 (Videos) – Host Rob Avery Responds to Claims of Anti-Semitism
- Austin Beer Garden to Host “Raging Anti-Semite” on 9/11. Why It’s Part of Something Bigger – Rafael Shimunov, Medium.com
- Former FBI Whistleblower Calls for New 9/11 Investigation – Jeff Schechtman, WhoWhatWhy.org
- 9/11’s Known Knowns – Jeff Clyburn, WhoWhatWhy.org
- The Prankster and the Assassin – DailyGrail
- Robert Guffey interviewed – In Other News Radio (Podcast)
- Someone Is Testing Methods for Taking Down the Entire Internet – David Z. Morris, Fortune.com
Check out more news links at the
[NOTE: Inclusion of news & event info is purely informational
and does not indicate endorsement.]
Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 9/28/2016