ANOMALY ARCHIVES eNEWS
– January / February 2008 –
ANOMALY ARCHIVES eNEWSLETTER – January /February, 2008
UpDates: Newsletter, Location, Circulation and More
Greetings fellow Anomaly Enthusiasts! Happy New Year and welcome to 2008!
It’s been a while since we sent out an edition of the Anomaly Archives eNewsletter. We look forward to a revival of monthly enewsletter delivery. This is a FREE electronic newsletter for the Anomaly Archives lending library.
You can subscribe via email here …
… or you can read it online at the website www.AnomalyArchives.org
We are still without our own independent physical location. However, we are happy to report that our partner organization, INACS (Institute for Neuroscience And Consciousness Studies), continues to play host to our circulation activities at their 2007 Bert Avenue headquarters (at the small cottage between the main building and garage apartment) while also housing the Austin Mufon collection.
Currently, books are available for checkout by “Appointment Only.” In other words, members who want to check out a book listed as being within our Various Collections need to contact SMiles Lewis SMiles@AnomalyArchives.org and arrange a time to meet at the Bert Avenue location or, beginning in 2008, meet at the monthly Austin Mufon meetings at the Austin History Center downtown, the second Sunday of each month.
We have some very exciting things planned for this year. We hope you will stay involved with the Anomaly Archives as we proceed through 2008. The Scientific Anomaly Institute needs your help to grow this year. Please consider donating to our efforts. We are a tax deductible 501(c)(3) non-profit organization .
That’s it for now. We look forward to seeing you all at the next Austin MUFON meeting, Sunday February 10th from 1-4pm as well as at upcoming events held by Austin IONS and INACS.
In the meantime, check out this amazing list of anomalous news stories you may have missed last year …
2007 News Reviewed
Are Giant Octopi Eating Swimmers Of Oklahoma Lakes? Oklahoma Gazette
- Archaeologist May Have Found Lost City of Apollo – http://www.thisisexeter.com
- Radar reveals vast medieval Cambodian city: study – news.yahoo.com
- ‘We have broken speed of light’ – Telegraph.co.uk
Roswell 60th Anniversary News
- Walter Haut Controversy
- A Race to Solve the Mystery of the Subterranean Chambers
- Kanasi Lake monster doubts surface
- I-Team: New Top Secret Construction at Area 51
- Dog attacked by animal in North Austin – http://www.kvue.com
- Flashback: Psi and Sony – Closing the Dream Factory – web.archive.org
- Trementina Base – en.wikipedia.org
Sinister Dirigibles over Russia – Sausage-shaped UFOs since 1915 by Paul Stonehill http://www.fatemag.com/issues/2000s/2007-06article1.html
- ‘UFO’ Recorded Over Salt Lake City – The Salt Lake Tribune A malfunctioning blimp caused raised eyebrows in Salt Lake City, UT, Wednesday morning. A video of the action is here. www.kutv.com
- The Really Best Top Ten UFO Incidents – UFO Iconoclast(s) It’s worth noting this “Top Ten” list bears little resemblance to Paul Kimball’s Best Evidence – The Top 10. With pics and diagrams.b ufocon.blogspot.com / redstarfilms.blogspot.com
- Gigantic Bird-like Dinosaur Stirs Debate USA Today – At 16 feet tall, weighing in at 3,000 pounds, and waving feathered arms, Gigantoraptor erlianensis may have been the largest feathered creature to ever live. This beaked marvel was unearthed two years ago in Mongolia and unveiled today by scientists in China. With pics. Also: Ancient Reptile Glided on Air. http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/discoveries/2007-06-13-gigantic-bird-dinosaur_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip / dsc.discovery.com
“Dolphin Defenders” reported in the Associated Press: “Navy May Deploy Anti-Terrorism Dolphins” and the UFOdigest.com article on the military investigations of anomalous cognition and marine mammals. Flash back to Post-Katrina 2005 news stories (from the UK’s Observer and other sources) of “Armed and dangerous – Flipper the firing dolphin let loose by Katrina” – a story which was later refuted by the Pentagon and during an interview with MSNBC’s Keith Olbermann: “Dispelling a myth of dangerous Navy dolphins.” Yet almost a year and a half later a new report surfaced on militarily trained dolphins.
(AP Photo/Petty Officer First Class Brien Aho)
Caption to photo: “In this March 18, 2003 photo made available by the U.S. Navy, K-Dog, a Bottle Nose Dolphin, leaps out of the water in front of Sgt. Andrew Garrett while training near the USS Gunston Hall in the Arabian Gulf. Attached to the dolphins pectoral fin is a pinger device that allows the handler to keep track of the dolphin when out of sight. The Navy said Monday, Feb. 12, 2007 it is reviving a proposal to send dozens of dolphins and sea lions trained to detect and apprehend waterborne attackers on a mission to patrol a military base in Washington state.”
- Documents Confirm the Rockefeller UFO Initiative – PRG
- The Bowen Manuscript UFO Mystic
- M.K. Jessup, Paranoia, and “The Case For The UFO” UFO Mystic
- Part One: For Whom the Bell Tolls UFO Paradigm Probe
- Sci-Fi Play Probes Alien Intelligence HfxNews
- Australian Saucer-Spies Saucers, Spooks and Spies
- Flying Saucers and Science UFO Mystic
- Orb Examined My Baby and There Was Nothing I Could Do! Weekly Universe
- UFO Paradigm Probe: Is There Synchronicity Afoot In UFO Flaps?
- Language and Anomalous Experiences: Dr. Robin Wooffitt Public Parapsychology
- Mysterious rash puts school in lockdown – NEWS.com.au
- Sun’s Wayward Twin Discovered – Yahoo! News
- Flaws in Brain ‘Explain Pedophilia’ Times Online
- Shunka Warak’in Taxidermy Specimen Found! Cryptomundo.com
- International Cryptozoology Museum Video Cryptomundo.com
- Two Ancient Apes Discovered Cryptomundo.com
- “Ningen”: a bizarre Japanese cryptid Forgetomori.com
- Helicopter Shark Attack Hoax Pics Google Images
- Sleep Deprivation or a Glimpse into Another Dimension? From the Shadows
- Tree Man: I want to live to See Grandchildren Telegraph UK
- Mozambican Woman Gives Birth to Baby with Two Heads Fox News
- Car Trouble and Poll: What Causes UFO Reports? UFO Mystic
- Scroogle.org, NameBase.org and PIR: Public Information Research (wiki info)
- NASA Sees Arctic Ocean Circulation Do an About-Face PhysOrg.com
- Larry King: Friday’s UFO Show…Bang or Bust? Frank Warren’s Blog
- Transcripts of Panel Members at NPC UFO Conference Frank Warren’s Blog
- Veteran UFOlogist Richard Hall Reports on NPC UFO Conf Frank Warren’s Blog
- Square Craters On The Moon UFO Mystic (Download the pdf)
- On the Need for New Criteria of Diagnosis of Psychosis in the Light of Mind Invasive Technology Journal of Psycho-Social Studies
- Gamers have skills. Let’s tap ‘em. Christian Science Monitor
- Dermal Ridges and Casting Artifacts – Forgetomori.com
- The Hunt for Bigfoot – Part One KXII-TV
- Archaeologists Discover World’s Oldest Inscription CAIS
- ‘Twitching’ Illness Hits Several Students, Staff at Virginia School Fox News
- Peering Into the Heart of a Black Hole Nature
- Tourism Cashes in on the Dark Side UTalkMarketing
- A Shadow in the Night From the Shadows
- Peru Crater: Meteorite, Secret Satellites and Zombies forgetomori
- Hysterical About Hysteria
- Space Junk Threat to Earth
- A New Reason to Fear Space Germs
- Runoff Blamed for Rise in Deformed Frogs AOL News
- New Species of Fish Found in Pacific ‘Twilight Zone’ The Independent
- ‘Ship of Giants’ Said Attacked by Israel in Strike on Syria What Does It Mean
- Video: Ghost in Colombia? forgetomori
- Drone UFO Video in Kentucky American Chronicle
- Mystery Animal Caught on Film There’s Something in the Woods
- Nano UFOs Cabinet of Wonders
- The Mysterious disappearence of Frederick Valentich – Geelong Advertiser
- Jackie Gleason’s Occult Library on Exhibit in Miami boingboing
- Review of Unleashed Public Parapsychology
- SIU – Files New Case: September 1, 2007 CPTR
- The Robertson Panel: The CIA Considers UFOs PR – GB
- Ouija Calling ET: Do You Copy? Part 5 The Paranormal Report
- Seeing the Future – or Just Dreaming? Paranormal Review
- First Paranormal Channel Launches on Internet Haunted America Tours
- Media Foundation Explores Extraterrestrial Contact The Canadian
- Do You See Dead People? Disclose It Realty Times
- Possible Energy Source: Burning Seawater CBS News
- Warning Notice: AMP and the War on Terror American Chronicle
- UC Davis Statistician Analyzes Paranormal Predictions The California Aggie
- Experts: Spiders Spin Giant Web in Texas Yahoo! New
- Giant web creates bug buzz
- Blow up photo of spider web
- Telling footprints — baltimoresun.com
- The Billy Meier hoax photographs
- 100000 NZ creatures unknown or unclassified
- Farewell Bat Boy, Elvis and Bigfoot
- Project Moonshaft
- Center for Physical Trace Research
- The Top 20 Most Bizarre Experiments of All Time
- Atomic UFOs UFO Mystic / The Villa Santina Humanoids
- UFO Hypothesis and Survival Questions – NSA Document
- NDE Research From a Christian Perspective
- Chupacabras Craze Goes Global
- Disaster at the Bridge
- Lost city ‘could rewrite history’ – BBC
So just a quick reminder – this Anomaly Archives eNews update is free to the public and can be delivered directly to your email in box by subscribing to the list via Yahoo Groups.
Please Subscribe to the Anomaly Archives eNewsletter by sending an email to: AnomalyArchivesemail@example.com.
Mission Statement Reminder
The Anomaly Archives is the lending library of the Scientific Anomaly Institute, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that seeks:
• Preservation and dissemination of scientific research into anomalous phenomena
• Research and analysis of accumulated collections
• Education of the public regarding scientific investigations into these phenomena
• Fortean Phenomena
• ParaPolitical Science
• Human Potential
• Jungian Theory
Upcoming Events and Ways You Can Help
Volunteering and Donations
We are in need of volunteers to work in the archives to help with various tasks. Volunteers who donate 5 volunteer shifts of 4 hours apiece of their time receive a year’s free membership as well as invitations to exclusive S.A.I. events. Contact us to find you how you can volunteer today!
Hours of Operation
Currently by Appointment Only.
Contact SMiles Lewis SMiles@AnomalyArchives.org
Membership to The Anomaly Archives is $20 annually. This gets you access to all the collections housed in the archives, as well as invitations to exclusive members-only events. Check out our website to find out more info.
Members of the organizations that keep their collection with us (Austin MUFON, et al) are able to check out books from their organization. To check out any other materials, you must be a member of The Anomaly Archives.
Currently, Anomaly Archive coordinators meet for “Book by Reservation” materials circulation each month at the monthly meetings of its partner organization, Austin MUFON. The local chapter meetings of the Mutual UFO Network are held every Second Sunday of the month, from 1-4pm. Members of the Anomaly Archives lending library, or anyone interested in UFOs and anomalous phenomena is encouraged to attend.
The Anomaly Archives
2007 Bert Ave
Austin, TX 78704
Founder, Executive Director and President
UpComing Events You Should Know About
Austin IONS – Fourth Tuesdays of Each Month. From 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
You are invited to join us at the meeting of the Austin chapter of the Mutual UFO Network, (MUFON). Bring your experiences, questions, and shared interest in UFOs, and the wider world of paranormal phenomena. It’s fun, bring a friend, and attendance is absolutely free! Austin MUFON Meets the Second Sunday of Each Month. Please Contact Mike DeGroff for Invitation Details regarding Time and Place. MUFON SSD for Travis & Williamson Counties. http://www.austinmufon.org/
The Scientific Anomaly Institute Needs Your Donations of …
Funds, Books, Magazines, Subscriptions to Periodicals,Time, Energy and Input.
Help Support our Efforts – Donate Now to the Scientific Anomaly Institute. Send Checks Payable to: Anomaly Archives, 2007 Bert Ave, Austin, Texas 78704.
Or, if you would like to support the expansion of our collections, please consider book and magazine donations? We also accept give subscriptions to periodicals with similar interests to those of the Anomaly Archives lending library and Scientific Anomaly Institute’s mission statement.
Also, the Anomaly Archives Needs Your Volunteer Help To:
- And for Weekday Hours Coming Soon
- Duties Include General Library Circulation tasks, Research, Outreach and Special Projects.
- General Library Volunteer
- Research Assistant Coming Soon
And just a quick reminder – this Anomaly Archives eNews update is free to the public and can be delivered directly to your email in box or viewed here on the web at <www.AnomalyArchives.org/enews/>
With more information on accessing podcasts to be posted soon at …
Anomaly Archives lending library members, besides having lending privileges for the entire collections (including those of partnered organizations) get first look at the quarterly printed issues of the Anomaly Archivist Newsletter before it’s posted online for the general public here:
Anomaly Archives lending library membership is $20 a year or …
- Five Donated Books, or
- Five Volunteer Shifts (Shift = 4 hours), or
- $10 if you are already a member of a partnered organization, such as
- Austin Jung Society
- Austin MUFON (Mutual UFO Network)
- Human Potential Center
- Institute for Neuroscience And Consciousness Studies
- IONS Austin – Institute Of Noetic Science Community Group
- Download, Complete and Submit the SAI Application Form Here.