The Anomaly Archives Email Newsletter
August 27th, 2023 – Austin, Texas
Farewell Flying Saucerer…
Last week I learned of the passing of friend and researcher, David Perkins. When I encountered his ideas a few decades ago I knew I’d found a kindrid spirit and fellow seeker. News of his passing has sent ripples through the UFO community and rekindled my ongoing grief over the loss of friends and family. Back in 2020 David and I had a great conversation as part of the Streamathon Emergency Fundraiser wherein I excitedly explored my ideas about the nature of the UFO phenomenon as inspired by his and other researchers whose perspectives I deeply respect. While his passing saddens me I’ve been glad to learn that his massive library has been donated to David Marler’s National UFO Historical Records Center nonprofit there in New Mexico. Farewell my fellow Space Brother…
- Fortean and Mutology Researcher David Perkins Dies – CryptoZooNews – By Loren Coleman
- Vale to Pioneers Lee Spiegel and David Perkins – The Daily Grail – By Red Pill Junkie
Everything is Connected: The Influence of the Internet on Conspiracy Theory, its Communities and Culture
What weird times we are living through. Late last year a friend reached out to tell me they had been interviewed by a young lady doing grant funded research on the influence of the internet on conspriacy communities. After looking into her public work I took the plunge and began interacting with her as part of the project. Then earlier this year she told me the NYTimes wanted her to do an article on the project but focused on one of her interviewees to give it a more personal angle. So we did another interview and continued our discussions. The article was published online earlier this month and appeared in the physical print version of the NYTimes on Sunday, August 6th.
Everything is Connected – sites.manchester.ac.uk/eic/
Even Conspiracy Theorists Are Alarmed by What They’ve Seen
(Originally titled: How QAnon and Jan. 6 Ripped the Conspiracy Theory World Apart)
by Annie Kelly, NYTimes OpEd, August 4th, 2023.
“A version of this article appears in print on Aug. 6, 2023, Section SR, Page 6 of the New York edition with the headline: How QAnon Broke Conspiracy Culture.”
Here is a link to an interview Annie did about the article and project a week ago…
For old-school conspiracy theorists, QAnon crossed a line – Think @ kera.org
Some upcoming events…
- ANOMACON: A Virtual Conference on the Anomalous – FREE virtual conference on September 1 & 2 via YouTube with over 30 speakers from around the world
- Stateside at The Paramount presents The Newkirks: Haunted Objects Live! Chilling, True Tales from the Newkirk Museum of the Paranormal at the Stateside at the Paramount Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Strange Realities Conference 2023: November 3 & 4 – Three days of Exploring Mysteries, the Supernatural, the Occult and more with Presentations and Workshops – eventbrite.com
- 1st International Non-local & Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena Symposium (IN-UAPS): 4-5 November 2023 – Belgium
Check out our free weekly live news show, “Anomaly-NOW!” If you’ve missed any episodes of the show (streaming Wednesdays @ 7pm Central Standard Time) check out the episode directory on our website or catch it live via our YouTube channel, Facebook page, Twitch channel, and Twitter page.
Check out the rest of this issue’s content:
- Anomaly News Headlines Links: UFOs, Cryptozoology, Fringe Science, Paranormal Phenomena News
- Audio-of-the-Week: THINK‘s Krys Boyd interviews Annie Kelly about her recent New York Times essay “Even Conspiracy Theorists are Alarmed by What They’ve Seen.”
- Book-of-the-Week: Threads of Light to You by Howard and Connie Menger
- Music-of-the-Week: Authentic Music From Another Planet by Howard Menger
- Video-of-the-Week: UFO Dives Into A Lake Generating A Huge Explosion But Leaving No Debris – Close Encounters
Thanks for your support and see you next issue.
UFO Dives Into A Lake Generating A Huge Explosion But Leaving No Debris – Close Encounters
Featuring Clas Svhan & Kevin Randle
“In Sweden, a man sees a UFO hitting a lake, generating a great explosion, but after deep research, no one could find debris of the craft.”
Threads of Light to You:
by Howard and Connie Menger
Later in his life Menger stated in several documentaries that he believed he had misunderstood the space aliens and where they came from. He stated the space aliens did not live on Venus but they had bases on Venus or were passing by or exploring the planet. Menger also wrote about this newer position about where he believed the space people come from in one of his later books.
“‘Years ago, on a T.V. program, when I first voiced my opinion that the people I met and talked with from the craft might not be extraterrestrial, it was thought that I had recanted. However, they (the aliens) said they had just come from the planet we call Venus (or Mars). It is my opinion that these space travelers may have by-passed or visited other planets (as we are planning) but were not native to those planets any more than our astronauts are native to the moon.'” 
There are also some who claim the memories of Howard Menger, George Adamski, Buck Nelson and other contactees were manipulated by evil ET’s (known as the Omegans) in order to trick them into believing in life on Venus in order to discredit the message of the positive ET’s.
Menger had religious revelations to impart after his “experiences,” and also came back from his contacts with practical messages.
When he was still young he moved with his parents to the rolling hills of Hunterdon County, New Jersey. His first alleged contact with a person from another planet was at the age of ten, in the woods near his hometown of High Bridge, New Jersey.“
Anomaly News Headlines
- PDF: Book “UFO Reality” by Jenny Randles [“Oz Factor” and “UAP”]
- Weird monkey sightings spread across Florida city, cops say. ‘I knew I wasn’t crazy’
- Best UFO book in last 50 years? PDF of “The UFOs That Never Were”
- ‘We’ve got one shot to open up this bookstore’: First Light Books opens in Hyde Park
- John Keel
- Mutology Researcher David Perkins Dies
- Vale to Pioneers Lee Spiegel and David Perkins – The Daily Grail
- PDF of “Phantoms of the Sky” – book by 2 of UK’s best UFO researchers (David Clarke and Andy Roberts) – added to archive
- Loch Ness monster enthusiasts gear up for biggest search in 50 years
- Prof. Wilhelm Schickard (1592-1635): UFO-Zeuge und Deutschlands erster UFO-Forscher
- The Culture Creating A.I. Is Weird. Here’s Why That Matters.
- “Project Nanu”
- The Hillerød Rest-Stop Encounter – HidDenmark
- 1st International Non-local & Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena Symposium (IN-UAPS): 4-5 November 2023
- Legendary Writer and Show Host Lee Speigel Passed
- For cable news, UFO story has ratings payoff — and reporting pitfalls
- AI-Created Art Isn’t Copyrightable, Judge Says In Ruling That Could Give Hollywood Studios Pause
- A grade-school UFO debate captivated Berea’s Rick Hilberg: Around The Town
- For old-school conspiracy theorists, QAnon crossed a line | Think
- Roswell Delirium – Official Trailer (2023) – Lightforce Pictures
- WATCH NOW: The Truth Is Out There, UFOs & National Security. What Are The RISKS?
- Strange Realities Conference 2023
- Local fishing charter crew sees a ‘whale’ of a sight off the Port Aransas coast
- Alien Attack Unites Humanity
- Alien Docuseries ‘Encounters’ Lands At Netflix From Steven Spielberg’s Amblin TV, Boardwalk Pictures & Vice Studios
- Strange sighting: Hill Country Village baffled by mysterious creature
- We might have accidentally killed the only life we ever found on Mars nearly 50 years ago
- Wonderful Friend and UFO Icon, Lee Speigel, August 15, 2023 – Podcast UFO
- Scientists Recreate Pink Floyd Song by Reading Brain Signals of Listeners
- Uri Geller shares ‘proof’ Aliens exist, fans quickly point out it’s photo from X-Files
- Legends of Buck Creek Valley
- Loch Ness Expedition in Danger?
- Understanding UAPs with Robert Powell – Zipcode Zero
- A Message From the Executive Director
- The Dangers of False Accusations About What Happened to David Grusch
- “Son extraterrestres”: ataque de “seres extraños” en Loreto genera pánico en poblado Ikitu (VIDEO)
- 2023 Texas UFOcon coming to East Texas
- Binnall of America – YouTube
- We Are Not Alone: UFOs & National Security
- THEM OLD WAYS NEVER DIED – Official trailer
- Flying 7ft-tall ‘alien’ attackers in Peru were actually illegal gold mining gang on JETPACKS
- Dana & Greg Newkirk’s Haunted Objects: Live! Manifesting Near You This Fall
- Artists make Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster and UFOs out of Lego
- Rupert Sheldrake – Author and Biologist
- QAnon’s weirdest obsession: Why does the radical far right fear the Masons?
- Occam’s Laser
- I wrote a novel.
- FEDERAL RESEARCH NIH Could Take Additional Actions to Manage Risks Involving Foreign Subrecipients (PDF)
- An author says AI is ‘writing’ unauthorized books being sold under her name on Amazon
- Nasa asteroid strike unleashes boulder storm ‘as deadly as Hiroshima’
- Terrified Peruvian villagers claim they are under attack from 7ft-tall ‘aliens’
- ‘That just died’: Paleoanthropologist debunks myth about humans
- Morphological and morphometric analyses of a late Middle Pleistocene hominin mandible from Hualongdong, China
- Of SCIF’s, OIGs and IGs: More on the Grusch Affair
- On David Grusch’s “whistleblowing” and other apparent (but not quite) nothing burgers
- ‘Large’ creature — with blue groin — discovered as new species in forest of Indonesia
- UFOs had their day in Congress. One strange sighting came at this California launch site
- Saucer Smear Reincarnated, A UFOTwitter News Journal, part one
- Finns sanningen trots allt därute? – Populär Astronomi
- A monumental UFO scandal is looming
- David Grusch and Charles McCullough Interviewed on BBC Radio 4’s ‘The World Tonight’ (3 August 2023)
- How QAnon and Jan. 6 Ripped the Conspiracy Theory World Apart (retitled as: Even Conspiracy Theorists Are Alarmed by What They’ve Seen) by Annie Kelly, NYTimes OpEd, August 4th, 2023
- Pilots Are Seeing Some Very Strange Things In Arizona’s Military Training Ranges
- UFOs once took control of Russian ICBMs, nearly caused WW3 – testimony
- UFOs are the story of the century — wake up, America!
- This Texas Man Just Released The Clearest Footage Of The Entity That Landed On His Roof
- This Texas Man Just Released The Clearest Footage Of The Entity That Landed In Austin
- Pentagon UFO Boss Fires Back At Whistleblower Allegations (Updated)
- How aliens are fuelling a new era of disinformation
- Where I stand on UFOs – – by Norio Hayakawa
- This week’s congressional UFO hearings are long overdue
- UFO researcher: ‘It’s very important to remove the stigma’ | NewsNation Live
- World UFO Day is TODAY! – Pee-wee’s blog
- “Pee-wee’s Playhouse” Playhouse in Outer Space (TV Episode 1987) ⭐ 8.1 | Comedy, Family, Musical
- Scientists Control Human DNA with Electricity in ‘Leap Forward’, Study Reports
- Why this Houston angler caught a huge alligator gar—and let it go
- Opinion: UFOs and aliens had their day in Congress. Was it illuminating?
- Ground Zero of the Real: a note on “ontological shock”
- We’re About to Learn More About UFOs. Nothing Will Ever Be the Same Again.
- ‘Insulting’: Pentagon’s UFO boss torches claims of alien coverup
- Lue Elizondo and Jay Stratton endorse David Grusch
- Sean Kirkpatrick, Ph.D., director of the All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office – AARO DIRECTOR ISSUES STATEMENT ON U.S. HOUSE SUBCOMMITTEE’S UFO HEARING
- The UFO whistleblower and the search for extraterrestrial life
- Witness Tells Congress ‘Nonhuman Biologics’ Were Found at Alleged UFO Crash Sites
- Sasquatch Investigators & Journalists Have Many Tools when Identifying Image Authenticity
- Neuroscience research triggers revision of a leading theory of consciousness
- Americans for Safe Aerospace – safeaerospace.org
- Judge blocks Arkansas law allowing librarians to be criminally charged over ‘harmful’ materials
- Alleged ‘big cat’ spotted along East Texas road
- JULES | Official Trailer | Bleecker Street
- Two conferences in one weekend?!? What!
- The Cross at Conradineslyst – HidDenmark
- The truth is out there. But this UFO ‘whistleblower’ likely doesn’t have it.
- NASA inadvertently severs contact with legendary Voyager 2 probe
- The UFO congressional hearing was ‘insulting’ to US employees, a top Pentagon official says
- Meet Artemis II astronauts who will fly around the moon in 2024
- Congress UFO Hearing – It’s even crazier than you think
- One of the rarest whales on the planet spotted south of Galveston, fisherman says
- Bigfoot in Texas? – via Archive.org
- Yeti and Bigfoot Seeker Peter Byrne Dies
- When Nandor Fodor Came to Minneapolis
- Texas oak tree thought to be extinct discovered in Big Bend National Park
- Whistleblower tells Congress the US is concealing ‘multi-decade’ program that captures UFOs
- Nyfikna frågor men få svar | Clas Svahns Blogg
- EdgeScience 53 – EdgeScience
- Alleged Death Threats Against UFO Witnesses Should Make UAPs A Concern For Believers And Skeptics Alike
- “Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena: Implications on National Security, Public Safety, and Government Transparency” | Committee Repository | U.S. House of Representatives
- Here’s what scientists say about whistleblower claims that Pentagon has evidence of alien crashes
- On David Grusch’s “whistleblowing” and other apparent (but not quite) nothing burgers
- Monsters from the id – Are we creating our own demons? – Prepare For Change
- UFO: Pentagon Tried To BLOCK Lawmaker Efforts To Disclose UAP Records, Reps Burchett, Luna Say
- Anna Paulina Luna @realannapaulina Getting materials ready for the House Oversight
Check out more news links at the
[NOTE: Inclusion of news & event info is purely informational
and does not indicate endorsement.]
For old-school conspiracy theorists, QAnon crossed a line
THINK‘s Krys Boyd interviews Annie Kelly about her recent New York Times essay “Even Conspiracy Theorists are Alarmed by What They’ve Seen.”
“For conspiracy theorists dedicated to the moon landing, Bigfoot and UFOs, the development of QAnon, crisis actors and government false flags have introduced unwanted political and financial elements to their favorite pastime. Annie Kelly is a postdoctoral researcher working on conspiracy theories and a correspondent for the podcast “QAnon Anonymous.” She joins host Krys Boyd to talk about how these old-school skeptics raised on late-night call-in radio fear modern day conspiracy theorists are giving their passion a bad name. Her recent New York Times essay is headlined “Even Conspiracy Theorists are Alarmed by What They’ve Seen.”
Authentic Music From Another Planet
by Howard Menger
“Authentic Music From Another Plant Full Song by Howard Menger In the 1950’s Howard Menger claimed to be visited by friendly space people from other physical planets in other star systems in the universe. The friendly space people are concerned about the immorality and constant warfare on this planet. They see us as their brothers and sisters. They helped Menger to learn this song so it could uplift and evolve all those who willingly listen to it by unlocking from the subconscious feelings of universal love which is the feelings of compassion, morality, and understanding. They hope one day the Earth may be a moral and peaceful world so they can come to our planet openly and invite us to join their interstellar group.”
Would you like to check-out books from the Anomaly Archives lending library? Do you want to help preserve the history of UFO (and related anomalous) research?
We need your help to make the Anomaly Archives the Best Anomalies Research Resource in North America. Our goal is to become a significant repository of anomalistic research materials.
Your membership will help support these efforts!
The best way to show your support is to become a member and to sign-up for the auto-renewing annual membership subscription through PayPal.
Membership is only $20 Annually