July 5th, 2019 – Austin, Texas
Happy July-4th / Independence-Day Weekend!
We hope you all had a fun and safe July-4th and that you have a wonderful holiday weekend.
Because of my revisiting this event through this “found footage” and flyer I was reminded of the wonderful collage art used for the print flyer which would later be used as the cover of the Spring 2000 edition of The Anomalist journal (No. 8) published by NUFOC-36 host and organizer Dennis Stacy (donor of collections to the Anomaly Archives) who is co-founder / co-publisher with Patrick Huyghe (seen at the beginning of the news coverage giving his Alien Horde lecture) of The Anomalist journal and Anomalist Books.
[BTW – We are in the process of acquiring copies of the entire catalog of books published by Anomalist Books!]
Also within those copies of The Anomalist was issue #8 which I was pleased to rediscover contained Kevin Randle’s article (Red Herrings and Alien Abductions) that was sparked by the controversy of his book (which he was speaking about at that 1999 NUFOC event) that erupted on the old UFO UpDates elist of Errol Bruce Knapp’s (including my own contribution to the discussion): Abductee Demographics in the research of Randle’s & Estes’ book The Abduction Enigma. So of course I decided to feature 3 issues of The Anomalist Journal as our Book-of-the-Week!
[Note: Archive of the original UFO UpDates eList (maintained by Glenn Campbell) & Current Facebook UFO UpDates Group – where Miles is a moderator]
Visit The Anomaly Archives
Anomaly Archives & INACS (Map)
55 North IH-35, Suite 260 – And BEYOND!
Austin, TX 78702
Thursdays and Saturdays, 2-6 PM
Please Contact Us to Verify We Will Be Open. Thank You.
(512) 842-9046 / EMAIL
That’s it for now …
From the Archives… SAI Collections Focus:
Robert Joseph Durant Collection
Bob Durant, in front of an Ingo Swann painting, holding a copy of Paul Smith’s book Reading the Enemy’s Mind.
4 of 5 boxes of personal materials from the
Bob Durant Collection.
More to come…
Book Of The Week
The Anomalist Journal – Nos. 8, 9, & 10
by Anomalist Books
Excerpts from The Anomalist – No. 8: Spring 2000
FROM MERMAIDS TO LITTLE GREEN MEN:
THE PREHISTORY OF THE UFO ABDUCTION PHENOMENON
BY JERRY CLARK
“Does the available evidence sustain the testimony of today’s abductees that gray UFO beings were snatching people up decades ago? The evidence is not overwhelming. On the other hand, it is not entirely nonexistent.”
. . . And . . .
READING THE STRANGENESS:
BY T. PETER PARK
“On the night of November 2, 1967, several people unknown to each other who had been drinking beer had very similar close encounters on roads near Ririe, Idaho with “little men” from UFO’s trying to forcibly enter their cars. Almost exactly ten years earlier, on November 6, 1957, spacemen from UFO’s tried to steal dogs from a boy named Everett in Tennessee and from a man in Everittstown, New Jersey. Are such sets of events mere coincidences–or do they reflect deep patterns with special meanings for their participants, or even for the world at large?”
. . . And . . .
THE BEST UFO CASE EVER?
A REVIEW AND UPDATE OF THE SOCORRO INCIDENT
BY PATRICK HUYGHE
“Until policeman Lonnie Zamora’s sighting made the news in 1964, all other accounts of meetings with the space people came from witnesses of dubious credibility and reputation. And their stories were laughable. Zamora’s story was different. He was a policeman, a highly credible witness. So with this case, the widespread feeling–even among UFO believers–that there was something absurd, if not ludicrous, about humanoids, simply crumbled.”
More here at the Source: The Anomalist 8: Table of Contents
Excerpts from The Anomalist – No. 9: Winter 2000-2001
THE PSYCHIC LIFE OF MALCOLM X
by Robert J. Durant
The Saturday Evening Post summed up the conclusion of white America, and a substantial portion of black America, in this comment about the publication in 1964 of The Autobiography of Malcolm X: “If Malcolm X were not a Negro, his autobiography would be little more than a journal of abnormal psychology, the story of a burglar, dope pusher, addict and jailbird — with a family history of insanity — who acquires messianic delusions and sets forth to preach an upside down religion of ‘brotherly hatred.’”
Spike Lee’s motion picture about Malcolm X triggered a revival of superficial and mendacious media interest in the phenomenon of the man who was everything the Post said, but much, much more.
. . . And . . .
RED HERRINGS AND ALIEN ABDUCTIONS
by Kevin D. Randle
In July, 1996, at the MUFON Symposium held in Greensboro, North Carolina, Budd Hopkins was disturbed by my paper about pop cultural influences on the imagery of alien abduction. He approached me and said, “You’re not an abduction researcher!” I reminded him that he used information about an abduction I had investigated in his first book on the topic. I have been investigating alien abductions since the mid-1970s and apparently before Hopkins started.
Four years later, that same comment was made, even after having published a number of articles on the topic, and having written two books about abduction. The second of those books, The Abduction Enigma, written with Russ Estes and William P. Cone, has created something of a firestorm, with many attacking without attempting to understand the reason the book exists.
Excerpts from The Anomalist – No. 10: Winter 2000-2001
A Personal Account of a Stigmata
by Robert J. Durant
“As an airline pilot, I am required to take a physical examination every six months. This is a fairly simple test of blood pressure, hearing, vision and that sort of thing. The exam must be administered by a physician certified by the Federal Aviation Administration. FAA medical examiners are not that common, and those in my vicinity require an appointment, usually a month or so in advance. My flying schedule tends to be erratic and unpredictable, making it difficult for me to meet these appointments. The following events occurred in the summer of 1990. . .”
- Promotional Flyer
- KSAT12 News footage
Here are some headlines of note for this week:. . .
. . .
- Revelations of the third kind – The Bigelow/Mitchell 1996 letter emerges
- One Man’s Unlikely Quest to Power the World With Magnets
- Reports from the Void: ‘It Was Far Too Large to be an Owl’
- Institute of Noetic Sciences: International Conference – July 18-21
- At least it’s Friday
- Trump says he was briefed on Navy sightings of UFOs
- Luis Elizondo: Why is the government finally admitting UFOs are real, and why should we pay attention?
- UFO Shooting Down Helicopter Will Be Featured on Unidentified Says Delonge
- New 2019 Minerva Monster Sighting
- Unidentified and Luis Elizondo
- EXCLUSIVE: Trump says he doesn’t particularly believe in unidentified flying objects
- On the provenance of the purported Davis/Wilson document
- Library’s Streaming Service Curates Music For Patrons, While Helping Austin Artists Find New Fans
- Sasquatch Festival Organizer Arrested On Felony Id Charges
- Pentagon Reinforces Mr. Luis Elizondo Had “No Responsibilities” on AATIP; Senator Harry Reid’s 2009 Memo Changes Nothing – The Black Vault
- Israeli study: Nervous system can transmit messages to future generations
- Boggy Bottom Bigfoot Conference
- Celebrate the Life of a UFO Legend by Watching “Stanton T. Friedman IS Real” – The Daily Grail
- Harry Reid: UFOs, The Military And Impeachment
- Evidence of human life found under North Sea off Cromer
- Notes on a 2002 meeting between Dr Eric Davis and Admiral Thomas Wilson: the source of the Grant Cameron document speaks out
- Why a Boston lawyer bankrolled the man behind the FBI’s infamous Bigfoot file
- Ralph Blumenthal On The Article “Wow, What Is That?’ Navy Pilots Report Unexplained Flying Objects”
- Navy F/A-18 Pilot Shares New Details About UFO Encounters During Middle East Deployment
- Sheffield keeps its word, removes disputed UFO monument
- Google Ran A Secret Experiment To Search For Cold Fusion. Did They Find It?
- 8 Best Places to Spot Bigfoot
- The Loch Ness monster might be real-life dinosaur, scientists say
- James Forrestal: New Files from the FBI | Mysterious Universe
- Reliving Roky Erickson: July 15, 1947-May 31, 2019
. . .
- Going Direct: Are UFOs For Real? And Why Is The DoD Talking About Them Now? – Plane & Pilot Magazine
- TIC TAC UFO : AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH THE PILOT WHO CHASED IT
- Meet Emma Boettcher, the University of Chicago librarian who gave James Holzhauer a run for his money on today’s ‘Jeopardy!’
- EXCLUSIVE: Avionics Technician corroborates Nimitiz UFO story, more witnesses exist
Check out more news links at the