Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 5/29/18
May 29th, 2018 – Austin, Texas
It’s taken me even longer than usual to get this latest newsletter “out the door” and into your inbox. We’ve been hard at work unpacking the books onto our new shelves and moving more of the remaining materials from our off-site locations over into our new location. We’ve had our first board meeting in the new space and added a new Advisory Board member – more on that soon.
At the end of last month, between the previous eNews issue and this one, I took a vacation to the 3rd annual ParaMania UnConference in New Orleans and met up with broadcasters / podcasters Tim Binnall and Greg Bishop, as well as researchers / writers Joshua Cutchin and Kenn Thomas while also seeing a gaggle of dear para-interested UFOlk friends, including artist and writer RPJ aka Red Pill Junkie. At the end of that celebration, Tim Binnall did a live webcast saying farewell to his Binnall-of-America interview podcast formula that he’d been conducting since 2005. Check out the archived podcast and reflective article here:
- The BoA:Audio Finale from New Orleans
- Long Live Binnall of America!
- Flashback: Inaugural ParaMania 2016 in Dallas, Texas.
Meanwhile, we are getting very excited about hosting an Open House event in the near future. Stay tuned for details. In the meantime, please familiarize yourself with our new location in the heart of Austin, just South East of downtown and just North of Lady Bird Lake (the Colorado River):
55 North IH-35 (Frontage Road), Suite 260,
Austin, Texas 78702
New OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog)
Nearly a decade ago we experimented with the services of LibraryThing.org and we recently rediscovered them and there new TinyCat online catalog service. The version of the collection you see there is a kind of snapshot of the Anomaly Archives’ collection circa 2009. We are in the process of updating it to include our thousands of books and magazines that we’ve added in the decade since. You can go there now and get a sense of what it will be like… below are some screenshots of the main page and an individual book’s sub-page. We’ll tell you more about this new OPAC once it’s been updated with our current collections holdings.
Recently a friend invited me to do one of those Facebook lists: the “Seven Days, Seven Books” variety. Picking only 7 meaningful / important-to-me books was a fun challenge. These are by no means my “Ultimate Top 7” but they reflect the main range of interest I have and include some fiction but mostly non-fiction.
This issue’s Book-of-the-Week choice is a fantastic and fun Fortean tome that I’ve been slowly reading this past year – taking my time to soak-in the truly bizarre story of Gef, the talking mongoose. Below are my seven selections from the aforementioned Facebook list…
SMiles’ 7 Days / 7 Books List
Day 1 – Neuromancer by William Gibson, Fortean
- Day 2 – Messengers of Deception by Jacques Vallee
- Day 3 – The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch by Philip K. Dick
- Day 4 – Cyberbiological Studies of the Imaginal Component in the UFO Contact Experience edited by Dennis Stillings
- Day 5 – Battle for the Mind: The Mechanics of Indoctrination, Brainwashing and Thought Control by William Sargant
- Day 6 – Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson
- Day 7 – Gef! The Strange Tale of an Extra-Special Talking Mongoose by Christopher Josiffe
We’re sharing a couple of videos in this issue … first is a new YouTube archive of our very first Anomaly Archives eNews Podcasts produced back in 2005. The second is titled “Calling Occupants” and is a relaxed exploration of modern UFO Contact Culture featuring interviews with Grant Cameron, Stan Friedman and other notables.
Listen to all of our past (discontinued) podcast series at the link here:
Headline News Section
As usual, we have a ton of news links below in our Anomaly Headlines section … sadly, there have been a number of people passing over, from the paranormal’s most prolific writer, Brad Steiger, to one of the most controversial para-publishers, Adam Parfrey of Feral House publishing.
That’s it for this edition of the eNews editorial.
. . .
As Your Official Amazon Smile Charity
What is AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from nearly one million organizations to support.
How do I shop at AmazonSmile?
To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. You may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile.
Which products on AmazonSmile are eligible for charitable donations?
Tens of millions of products on AmazonSmile are eligible for donations. You will see eligible products marked “Eligible for AmazonSmile donation” on their product detail pages. Recurring Subscribe-and-Save purchases and subscription renewals are not currently eligible.
FLASHBACK: Anomaly Archives Podcast #1 – 2005
“A young man and his friends experiment with human-initiated contact techniques in an attempt to develop a peaceful relationship with extra-terrestrials. Along their journey, they attend an ET disclosure hearing in Brantford Ontario and interview the world’s top UFO researchers, abductees and lobbyists to find out the truth behind the UFO cover-up.”
Gef! The Strange Tale of an Extra-Special Talking Mongoose
by Christopher Josiffe
“I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!”
“During the mid-1930s, British and overseas newspapers were full of incredible stories about Gef, a ‘talking mongoose’ or ‘man-weasel’ who had allegedly appeared in the home of the Irvings, a farming family in a remote district of the Isle of Man.
The creature was said to have the ability to talk in several languages, to sing, to steal objects from nearby farms and to eavesdrop on local people, such that they became uneasy at the farmer’s seeming ability to be able to tell them their most private goings-on.
Despite written reports, magazine articles and books, several photographs, fur samples and paw prints, voluminous correspondence and signed witness statements, there is still no consensus as to what was really happening to the Irving family.
Hoax? Mental illness? A poltergeist? The possession of an animal by an evil spirit? Now you can read all the evidence and decide for yourself.
Seven years’ research and interviews, photographs (many previously unseen), interviews with surviving witnesses, visits to the site – all are presented here in this new book, the first examination of the case for 70 years.”
- Gef! The Strange Tale of an Extra-Special Talking Mongoose – http://www.GefMongoose.co.uk
- Bee Wilson reviews ‘Gef’ by Christopher Josiffe · LRB 27 July 2017 – London Review of Books
- Speak, Mongoose: On “Gef!: The Strange Tale of an Extra-Special Talking Mongoose” (Review) By Colin Dickey – LAreviewOfBooks.org
- Gef! The Strange Tale of an Extra-Special Talking Mongoose – Strange Attractor Press StrangeAttractor.co.uk
- Anomaly Archives’ Book Page…
- Every Library Has a Story to Tell
- ‘Folksonomy’: Let’s Get Organized
- UFO Novels That Might Be More Than Novels
- EFF Wins Final Victory Over Podcasting Patent
- Please, touch everything inside delicious new Dallas museum, the Sweet Tooth Hotel
- Feds block government archaeologists from speaking at a major science conference
- 9 Nonprofit & Collective Bookstores That Every Book-Lover Needs To Visit And Support
- Scarlet Imprint
- Can Reading A Book Open A Paranormal Door?
- “Magical Folk”: A Review
- Magicians of the Gods (2015)
- Strange Angel: The Otherworldly Life of Jack Parsons Comes to Your TV Screen
- Symbolism of the Great Serpent May 2018
- Pirate Radio Stations Explode on YouTube
- 35 Years Of Influence – A Look Back at Origin Systems, Creators of Ultima and More
- Electronics-recycling innovator is going to prison for trying to extend computers’ lives
- JSE Journal of Scientific Exploration – Volume 32, Issue 1 (2018)
- Once-endangered bookstores are booming again
Media & Movies
Consciousness & Parapsychology Headlines
- The Psychedelic Warrior
- A Mind Without A Brain: The Science Of Plant Intelligence Takes Root
- Stargate Index (online links document) from Isaac Koi
- The (Really) Astonishing Hypothesis: Looking into the Future
- PsycNET: The experimental evidence for parapsychological phenomena: A review.
- Important Books About Experimental ESP, 1930-1958
- A New Theory Linking Sleep and Creativity
- Morphic Resonance Demonstrated? Tests Show We Visually Process Things Behind Us
- Rhine Short Story Contest (2018)
- John Kruth at Monroe Institute on Rhine: Oldest Parapsychology Lab in USA
- A Super-Simple, Non-Quantum Theory of Eternal Consciousness
- Scientists Project Holograms Into The Brain To Create Experiences
- Don’t Be Afraid of the Multiverse
- Hemi-Sync Podcast Episode 8: Dean Radin on Real Magic
AATIP / BAASS / TTSA UFO Acronym News
- When did Bigelow Aerospace Advanced Space Studies start and where is the AAWSA contract?
- The US military released a study on warp drives and faster-than-light travel. Here’s what a theoretical physicist thinks of it.
- The BAASS team – some of their roles and some of their names
- I-Team Exclusive: Confidential report analyzes Tic Tac UFO incidents
- The tale of three BAASS field investigations
- These Are Real Pentagon Reports On Warp Drive, Extra Dimensions, Anti-Gravity, And More
- Did the AAWSA program/AATIP really start in 2007?
- Dr. Colm Kelleher and the Advanced Aerospace Weapon System Applications program
- Ex Government Worker Says Pentagon Have ‘Mysterious Metals That Came From UFOs’
- Were Human Guinea Pigs at Skinwalker Ranch Part of the Secret Pentagon UFO Program?
- Pentagon and MoD officials feared UFOs were either ‘demonic’ or sent by God, former investigators reveal
- The Defense Intelligence Agency’s Advanced Aerospace Weapon System Applications program – I find the original call for tenders document
- Statement from a Senior Manager of BAASS
- I-Team: UFO
- Pentagon Confirmation: AATIP = Advanced Aerospace Weapon System Applications Program
- John Greenewald’s Take on AATIP – Updated
- Looking for UFOs With All the Wrong Acronyms
CryptoZoology Goes Mainstream
- Mysterious wolf-like creature shot in northcentral Montana near Denton
- DNA testing aims to reveal if Loch Ness monster is just a fishy tale
- Group reports Bigfoot sighting in North Carolina
- Legend of the Mothman & Its Illinois Connection
- ‘Gar-gantuan’ fish pulled from the Trinity River in Liberty County
- Huge rock mounds may have been made by a giant extinct bird
- Just a Crow Stealing a Credit Card to Purchase a Train Ticket
- Why I believe in sea serpents
- BioFortean Notes
- Wave Of Huge Alligators Wreaking Havoc Across Southern States
- Fake Fed Cryptozoologist “Tracking Bigfoot” Charged With Child Porn
- Bigfoot Ruined This Man’s Life, Then Gave Him A Fresh Start
- Massive alligator stops US 59 traffic in Cleveland
- Cryptozoologist of Year 2017: Seth Breedlove
- Black Panther Sightings Distribution Map Updated
- Nazi Gold & Men in Ape-Suits & Bigfoot
Human Experimentation / MK-Ultra Survivors in the News
- Group affected by CIA brainwashing experiments wants public apology, compensation from government
- “Their Lives Were Ruined”: Victims Of CIA MK-Ultra Brainwashing Plan Class-Action Suit
- Floyd Carter Sr., one of the remaining Tuskegee Airmen and NYPD veteran, dies at 95
- Were Human Guinea Pigs at Skinwalker Ranch Part of the Secret Pentagon UFO Program?
- Esotericon 2018
- DULCE BASE CONSPIRACY SYMPOSIUM
- SSE Conferences
- Behind the Scenes of the Ozark Mountain UFO Conference
- The bizarre tale of the flat-Earth convention that fell apart
- SSE Conferences
Misc Weird News & Fortean Phenomena Headlines
- Mysterious Booms, House-Rattling Sounds In Pennsylvania Under Investigation By FBI
- Mysterious booms on Mud Island rattle residents
- Twin Peaks, Deaths, and A Deadly Puma Attack
- A 14th human foot — this one in a hiking boot — washes ashore in Canada
- Octopuses came to Earth from space as frozen eggs millions of years ago
- That Time the U.S. Air Force Proposed Using Rockets to Stop the Earth’s Rotation
- Earth’s Orbital Changes Have Influenced Climate, Life Forms For at Least 215 Million Years
- Talking Animism and the Anomalous | Dr Jack Hunter
- Hun For The Skinwalker – THE FILM
- ‘Twin Peaks’: David Lynch Asks and Answers Trivia on Part 18 — ‘This Is the Ending’
- Mysterious car found dangling from Toronto bridge
- THE HILL AND THE HOLE needs your help via IndieGoGo (Featuring Adam Gorightly)
- Police: Person Wearing Clown Mask Attacks Juvenile With Metal Baseball Bat
Electromagnetic / Sonic Attack Effects and Surveillance Tech Side-Effect
- U.S. worker in China suffers brain injury due to mystery sound ‘sensations’
- Electromagnetic radiation from power lines and phone masts poses ‘credible’ threat to wildlife, report finds
Conspiracy, Covert-Ops, Fraud and Deception
- Dallas high school basketball star was really a 25-year-old man posing as a student, officials say
- We Were Lied To About 9/11 – Jon Gold
- The Straith Letter: UFOs and a Hoax
- Google’s robot assistant now makes eerily lifelike phone calls for you
- The Era of Fake Video Begins
Other UFO Related Articles
- Capt. William Davidson & Lt. Frank Brown, 1st Casualties of Ufology
- From Palmer and Shaver to Barker and Bender
- Dr. Diana Walsh Pasulka Talks About UFOs, Technology and Religion
- UFOs: Reframing the Debate, edited by Robbie Graham
- After the UFO Crash of 1969
- Ben Rich misquoted by many in the UFO community
- UFOs, Guillermo del Toro, Terence McKenna and the Co-Creation Hypothesis
- Mormons, Aliens, and Hangar 18
- “Floating Tower” UFO Seen and Filmed Over Houston, TX 4/28/2018
- Author, scientist highlights reported UFO sightings in Montana
- Astronaut Scott Kelly Saw The Unexplainable In Space
- Chris A Rutkowski (05 May 11 2018) on UFO Classified with Erica Lukes on KCOR
- Why are those who study UFOs drawn to writing fiction too?
- How Cold War anxiety and citizen science fuelled Canada’s massive UFO report files
- Flying Saucers and Uranium Poisoning
- The Straith Letter: UFOs and a Hoax
- New Book Sheds Light On Outsider Art in Texas
- Secret Sources: Friends Or Foes?
- 1954: If you haven’t read it, it’s still Saucer News
- UFOs – Documenting The Evidence
- Ufology Or Something Else?
- UFOs and Racism
- UFO Mystery
- What If Aliens Met Racists? MUFON Resignations Highlight Internal Divisions in UFO Sightings Organization
- Top MUFON Official Quits Over Organization’s Continued Support of John Ventre a Year After Ventre’s Racist Rant
- Humans were in Philippines 700,000 years ago
- Austin-area dig gives rare clues to how people lived 16,000 years ago
- Feral House publisher Adam Parfrey, RIP
- Investigator Hayden Hewes Died in 2017
- Brad Steiger Dies
JFK Assassination Document Dump
Paranormal Podcasting History
- Wasn’t I special enough to be abducted by aliens? – Alexa Clay
- Daily Severe Storm Threats begin Sunday and continue through at least Thursday Texas Storm Chasers
- Why Can’t We Figure Out How the Vikings Crossed the Atlantic?
- Viruses, ET and the octopus from space: the return of panspermia
- Blue light like that from smartphones linked to some cancers, study finds
- Wooden Shigir idol found to be over twice as old as Egyptian pyramids
- Nigel Watson’s New Book Set for Release
- After 3 deaths at International UFO Congress in February 2018, “microwave sickness” and DEW concerns raised about June 2018 Contact in the Desert and Vancouver, BC “ET Disclosure” Conferences
- Review of Ancient Aliens S13E01 “The UFO Conspiracy”
- Taking a Stand With Science: Sasquatches, Humans, and Apes
- The Wartime Spies Who Used Knitting as an Espionage Tool
- The AATIP, Targeting Pod Videos and the DOPSR Process
- A Strange Dream of Stranger Entities
- ‘That’s not science fiction any more, it’s science fact’
- Windrush scandal: a historian on why destroying archives is never a good idea
- Ancient Mass Child Sacrifice May Be World’s Largest
- UFO’s, Owls, and The Black Lodge: The Esoteric Elements of Twin Peaks
- Mind Control Files Included in FOIA Response
- Archaeologists Discover that Neandertals Sailed the Mediterranean Sea at Least 130,000 Years Ago
- The U.S. military has a weapon that can create human speech out of thin air
- Boston researchers reverse aging in mice, study shows
- Bizarre claims US government has dug up Aurora ‘alien’ buried after crash-landing 120 years ago
- Einstein’s ‘Spooky Action’ Has Just Been Demonstrated on a Massive Scale For The First Time
- New Group of JFK Assassination Documents Available to the Public
- Precog Crime Fighting: The A.I. Approach vs the PSI Approach
- The Magic in Creating Synchronicities
- Remembering the UFO I Never Saw
- A Scientific Approach To Magic with Dean Radin, Ph.D.
- Aliens: We Care A Lot. Us: No, You Don’t
- Hundreds of Mysterious Ancient Stone Structures Discovered on Lava Domes
- EPA’s Pruitt unveils controversial limits to scientific research
- Channeling Channelers for Scientific Evaluation
- The Mystery of the UFO at the Cabin
- MIT Researchers Have Developed a ‘System for Dream Control’
- Should Quantum Anomalies Make Us Rethink Reality?
- Author shows off ghosts captured by her camera
- A Device to Increase Human Memory Has Been Implanted, and It Works
- Why I’m Concerned About Samsung Hypnotizing People & Erasing Their Memory
- Mysterious ‘Lost City’ of Etzanoa in south
- Humans have another type of DNA inside our cells
- Cosmic American: An Interview with Prof. Diana Walsh Pasulka
- A Brand-New Version of Our Origin Story
- Scientific Proof Is A Myth
- Criteria for and Explanation of Ratings
- Mystery diary of Rajneesh secrets discovered in locked file cabinet from commune
- 2018 Shag Harbour UFO Conference
- Divination as a Decision Tool: Can Superstition Help Us Make Better Decisions?
- Out of this world tour; Town to revisit alien encounter
- Ufological Seppuku; Why We Shouldn’t Disembowel MUFON Just Yet
- Daily 2 Cents: MUFON’s Continued Ignorance — Fake Sunrise…Fake Moon — Vehicle Stalls & Missing Time
- Washington State Fusion Center accidentally releases records on remote mind control
- For Whom the Bell Tolled
- The Silurian Hypothesis: How Do We Know That Humans Were the First Civilization on Earth?
- Southeast Texas Bigfoot Conference coming soon to Huntsville
- R.I.P. ART BELL
- #66 Mark Boccuzzi Adventures in Psi
- “Intimate Alien: The Hidden Story of the UFO” – Coming 2020 from Stanford University Press
- ‘Scraping’ Is Just Automated Access, and Everyone Does It
Check out more news links at the…
Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 5/29/18