ANOMALY ARCHIVES eNEWSLETTER – May 2013
Greetings fellow Anomalists!
The Anomaly Archives holds monthly meetings (usually) on the Fourth Saturday of each month, however, our next monthly meeting, for the month of May, has been cancelled due to scheduling conflicts. The next monthly meeting should resume Saturday, June 22nd.
The meetings are FREE and held from 1-4pm at the INACS / Anomaly Archives headquarters located in North West Austin.
Be sure and check out this Tuesday’s INACS event featuring Tom Campbell (info & link below).
– SMiles Lewis
Founder & President
UpComing AusTex Events
- INACS Consciousness Connections monthly meetings – www.INACS.org
- Austin IONS monthly meetings – www.IonsAustin.org
Lucid Dreaming and Out-of-Body Experience
An Exploration of Their Relationship
Live videoconference with physicist Thomas Campbell,
Author of My Big TOE
Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 6:30–9 p.m.,
Austin Center for Spiritual Living
5555 N Lamar Blvd, Bldg D #115
Co-hosted by INACS and IONS Austin
Free and open to public; $5 donation appreciated
Register via campbellvc.eventbrite.com if attending
Check out the latest Issue of EDGE SCIENCE from the Society for Scientific Exploration:
- EdgeScience #14 Society For Scientific Exploration (available for free as PDF online)
Orange Fireballs And Little People In England Alternate Perceptions
Washington Post Is Confused About UFO Phenomenon The Gralien Report
- Sirius As The Greatest UFO Documentary Ever?
Does ‘Failure to Replicate’ Mean Failed Science? LiveScience
- Dolphins or Porpoises in Loch Ness?
- Boggarts, ghost dogs and secret passages
Crop Circles and Official Secrets Mysterious Universe (Nick Redfern)
- Citizen Hearing and alien bodies
Aliens From Earth Series: Talking Plants Ghost Theory
The 2012 Canadian UFO Survey UFO Forum
- John Keel’s Screaming Monkey (Nick Redfern)
- The great Fortean “game” – Games of cat & mouse at Camelback Mountain way back in 1880
- On The Track – Jonathan Downes celebrates OTT’s fifth year
- Why So Many People – Including Scientists – Suddenly Believe In An Afterlife
- Is Participating In Psi Research A Good Idea?
- Out Of Body Experiences And UFOs – Nick Redfern
Recent Meta-Analyses Of Parapsychological Studies Parapsychology
Loch Ness Trip Report April 2013 Loch Ness Monster
Hat tip to the Anomalist.com news wire.
Follow The Anomaly Archives
Interested in staying in the loop on all things related to the Anomaly Archives? You can subscribe to this newsletter in several ways:
Subscribe to Blog via Email – Towards the top of the left-hand sidebar of the website is a place where you can input your email address and be subscribed to the website and get updates via email. You will get a confirmation email in which there will be a link for you to affirm that you want to subscribe.
- Send an Email to elists at anomalyarchives.org requesting to be subscribed to our hand-crafted e-list.
- Subscribe to our Yahoo Groups Announcement eList – You can subscribe to our yahoo based email announcement list by sending an email to: AnomalyArchivesfirstname.lastname@example.org or by going here groups.yahoo.com/group/AnomalyArchives/
- Follow us on Twitter – Go to our twitter presence here twitter.com/anomalyarchives
- Follow us on Facebook – Go to our facebook presence here facebook.com/pages/Anomaly-Archives/17710117086
- Return of the Austin IONS monthly meetings – www.IonsAustin.org
- Monthly “NEWFUN” meetings (formerly Austin Mufon) – Contact Catherine Wiedmann
– Anomaly Archives Needs Your Help
We need your help! The Anomaly Archives is always looking for new membership and needs your support both financially and as volunteers at the lending library and educational outreach events.
Contact us today!
- Austin IONS – www.IonsAustin.org
- INACS – www.INACS.org
- Austin MUFON – www.AustinMufon.org
- Jung Society of Austin – www.JungSociety.org
- American Creativity Association – Austin Chapter – AmCreativityAssoc.org/chapter-austin.htm
- Isis Institute of Women’s Studies – www.IsisAustin.org
- HPC – www.HumanPotentialCenter.org / Campus
DIRECTIONS to The Anomaly Archives
It’s a little tricky to find the first time, so here are the directions:
If you’re heading northwest on Research/183 from I-35, Mopac or 360, exit 183 at the Oak Knoll exit, pass through the light at Oak Knoll, and stay on the access road heading north. The next side street off the 183 access road will be Technology Blvd; do not turn on Technology. Immediately after you pass Technology, there will be a driveway on your right (the only one in that area) — Exit into that driveway. There will be a sign overhead for “Forest Plaza.” After you pull in, you’ll have no choice but to go to the left into Forest Plaza. Our building is the back left building within the complex — Suite 302. If you’re heading south on Research/183, you also exit at Oak Knoll, but take the u-turn just before you get to Oak Knoll, get over the right on the northbound access road, and prepare to make the right immediately after Technology Blvd. as in the directions above.
Anomaly Archives On-Line
We are indebted to INACS (Institute for Neuroscience And Consciousness Study) for allowing the Anomaly Archives lending library to reside within their office space. Each month they hold public meetings of their Board of Directors, and their Education & Research Committees. Therefore, there may be occasional months where we must shift / reschedule our monthly meetings to accommodate their priority use of the space.