The Anomaly Archives Weekly Email Newsletter
February 27th, 2020 – Austin, Texas
Austin Artists: Consider Anomaly Archives as Your Inspiration for the Archives in Art Contest
FIND YOUR MUSE AT THE ANOMALY ARCHIVES…
The Anomaly Archives is a Proud Sponsor of the Austin Archives Bazaar and hopes local Austin artists will take advantage of the Bazaar’s new ARCHIVES-IN-ART CONTEST!
AND, we hope our Austin arts community will consider using the Anomaly Archives collections for its inspiration. We’ve got thousands of weird rare paranormal books, magazines, posters, cultural ephemera and more, covering a wealth of topics that might inspire your next art piece. So contact us about visiting the Anomaly Archives to find your muse! Our weekly hours are Thursdays and Saturdays from 2-6pm. Contact us via phone (512) 842-9046 or EMAIL.
ARCHIVES IN ART: AUSTIN ARCHIVES BAZAAR 2020 JURIED SHOW
The Austin Archives Bazaar is excited to announce its inaugural exhibition: Archives in Art, a juried art show that encourages Central Texas artists to use or be inspired by archival materials in creating their work. There are no submission fees, and accepted works will be exhibited at the Austin Archives Bazaar on April 19, 2020 and afterwards at Austin Central Library’s 4th Floor from April 27 – June 30. Central Library will be a stop on the WEST Austin Studio Tour in May! There will be cash awards for the jury’s choice and people’s choice winners.
Artists are encouraged to visit a local archival repository in person OR online and select an archival collection or item to interpret as a 2D visual creative work. The artist’s work can pay homage to historical events or figures, fuel discussion, or examine current events through a historical lens. Topics to consider include (but are not limited to): climate change, cultural celebrations, faith, family history, gentrification, human rights, identity, immigration, and incarceration.
Artists may transform and reconfigure copies of archival material, while being mindful of Fair Use Copyright Law. Sources used MUST be cited. See copyright.gov/fair-use/more-info.html for more information.”
Visit the Austin Archives Bazaar‘s “Archives in Art” webpage for more information about the Cash Awards, Jurors, Entry Deadlines, Entry Form, and MORE!
New Monthly Meetup Second-Saturdays in 2020
Our first new monthly meetup (“Bring ‘em Back Amused. The Tale of Frank Buck and his Monkey Mountain”) was a fun-filled success! Thank you to all of our attendees. Our next monthly meetup will be Saturday, March 14th from 3-5pm. SMiles Lewis will lead the audience on a trip through the many diverse Realms-of-the-Anomalous. We hope you can join us!
The Anomaly Archives hosts a monthly public meeting the Second Saturday of each month. Meetings are 3pm-5pm so guests will have an hour before and an hour after to peruse the library and archives outside of the meeting times. The library will be open throughout its regular Saturday Open Hours from 2-6pm (so long as we have enough volunteers to staff it during the meeting). Sign up for our Meetup.com group for regular updates.
These monthly meetings are an opportunity for the public to learn more about the Anomaly Archives as well as for existing Lending-Library-Members to meet and discuss the latest Anomalous, Fortean, Mysterious, Paranormal, UFO, and Weird News Headlines (Check out our Flipboard online magazine links) and Events! Each meeting will feature some of the latest and most interesting anomalous news with insights gleaned from the Anomaly Archives collection of rare materials and its network of researchers.
The Anomaly Archives endeavors to revive and inspire people’s sense of Wonder and Adventure!
Next Anomaly Archives Monthly Second Saturday Meetup
Saturday, March 14th, 3-5pm
Join SMiles Lewis for a Fun Filled Round-Up of Weird Anomalous News & More
Every other meeting (even numbered months) will feature a brief presentation and discussion of the Anomaly ADVENTURE Club! Those meetings will be lead by “Viktor Criterion” and “Einida Ecxs” of Super Fun Adventure Quest Time (SFAQT).
The Next Anomaly ADVENTURE Club Meetup featuring Einida Ecxs & Viktor Criterion will be April 11th and the topic will be … ZOMBIES!
More information at the links:
We recently discovered a new Austin-based UFO podcast / vodcast from a couple of local Austinites. It’s called UFO Garage Podcast! They just started back in June of 2019 and they are having a blast learning all about UFOs and becoming a part of the larger UFO community. Apparently, they had just discovered the Anomaly Archives a few days or weeks before I discovered them – so they were very excited when I reached out to say, “Howdy!” Then a few days later they came by the Anomaly Archives and did a short impromptu interview while checking out the collections. Within a few hours, they’d edited together the footage and posted the video. Check it out below in our VIDEO section!
This week’s book of the week is one of many by author and researcher Eugenia Macer-Story that we have on-file in the Anomaly Archives. I never had the chance to meet her (she was one of the speakers scheduled to present at my 2001 National UFO Conference) but was glad to know her through her writings and email communications and the one audio interview I did with her in 2008 for my Blue Rose Report webcast. She passed away in December of 2013.
If you aren’t familiar with her work you should check out this article by “WHAM” titled: The Yankee Magick of Eugenia Macer-Story.
Eugenia Macer-Story – Eugenia was a resident of Woodstock, New York. Born in Minneapolis, MN on January 20, 1945. B.S., Speech/Theater, Northwestern University, 1965. M.F.A., Columbia University, Playwriting, 1968. Professional psychic with private practice and author. She passed away on Tuesday, December 17, 2013.
Eugenia Macer-Story was a poet-playwright and visual artist whose work has been published and exhibited internationally. Her poetry chapbooks have been part of the Poets House poetry publication showcase for a number of years. She also wrote books on the supernatural and UFO experiences and her articles on the supernatural have been published in UFOs and Supernatural magazine and UFO magazine.
Support the Anomaly Archives with your Amazon.com Purchases
One of the easiest ways for you to support our nonprofit mission and goals is by selecting us as your AmazonSmile Program charity-of-choice. Then all you have to do is make sure your qualifying purchases are made through our AmazonSmile-Portal. That’s it! You don’t have to spend any extra money – Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to the Anomaly Archives.
Until next time – keep it weird!
Anomaly Archives & INACS (Map)
55 North IH-35, Suite 260 – And BEYOND!
Austin, TX 78702
Thursdays and Saturdays, 2-6 PM
Please Contact Us to Verify We Will Be Open. Thank You.
(512) 842-9046 / EMAIL
“Joe and Ben take a lil field trip to the Anomaly Archives in Austin Texas.
Thank you to Miles for letting us hang out!”
Book Of The Week
by Eugenia Macer-Story
“A modern alchemical journal on the occult & supernatural, including interdimensional participation of the reporter in events ranging from apparitions as artifacts on 35mm film right on through a spectrum including a CIA bibliography on flying saucers, a report by a physics grad student that outer space is not symmetrical, conjuration of trickster spirits and other indications that the real frontier of knowledge is not the reflection of distant stars as we see them with limited equipment but the dark frontier of the unexplained qualities of atomic mass and consciousness, as these might be functionally related.”
SOURCE: Google Books
Here are some headlines of note for this week:. . .
- When Flying Saucers Dropped on the USA
- This browser extension shows you which Amazon books are available free at your local library
- With An Election On The Horizon, Older Adults Get Help Spotting Fake News
- The Strange Saga of “UFO Impostors” and Doppelgangers | Mysterious Universe
- Ruby City and Marfa arts organization dazzle downtown with music event
- Scientists Find The First-Ever Animal That Doesn’t Need Oxygen to Survive
- Diana Pasulka — American Cosmic: UFOs, Religion, Technology
- Wag the UFO
- Alien Abduction Or Psychotic Break? Alison Brie On Her New Film ‘Horse Girl’
- Review of ‘Greening the Paranormal’ Europaranormal
- In Remembrance: The Battle of Los Angeles
- UFOs May Be Hazardous to Your Health: Analyzing AAWSAP’s Medical Report – The Daily Grail
- Rosemary Decker – Silent Contactee
- To find aliens, an astrobiologist wants you to change the way you think of life
- Get Lost In Big Thicket’s Enchanted Forest
- Chris Mellon on How the NY Times Received UFO Videos: “I Was the Person Who Did That.”
- Spying, disinformation accusations follow UFO figure Rick Doty — an exclusive interview
- Robert Renaud and the Space Babes from Korendor!
- Beyond Ball Lighting: Crazy ‘Sky Critters’ UFO Theory
- BOOK REVIEW: “Weird Scenes Inside the Canyon” by Dave McGowan
- Beyond the Robot: The life and work of Colin Wilson – Theosophical Society in England
- Cambridgeshire’s fond memories of the iconic spaceship McDonald’s
- Notes on the recent interview between Tim McMillan and John Greenewald
- Joe Simonton and the Pancakes from Another Planet
- After learning of Whitey Bulger LSD tests, juror has regrets
- A Flying Saucer Lineage
- Insectothopter, CIA’s UAV from the 1970s – The Black Vault
- NAWAC Podcast: Apes Among Us – 2020 Training Camp
- The CIA Admits Psychic Abilities Are Real, But Cannot Figure Out The Science Behind It
- Rare pink grasshopper found in southwest Austin garden
- Exhibit for famed UFO researcher coming to Fredericton this summer | CBC News
- Cash-Landrum UFO-Radiation Case
- Have A Weekend of Mystery with the UFO/Paranormal Summit at Quinault Beach Resort and Casino – GraysHarborTalk
- Scientists start watching the skies for aliens after major breakthrough
- AATIP’s UFO Medical Study and the Cash-Landrum Case
- Leaked Documents Show Pentagon Was Studying UFO-Related Phenomena
- AAWSAP was a “Commercial in confidence” agreement
- Kit Green’s Defense Intelligence Reference Document unveiled
- Inside the Pentagon’s Secret UFO Program
- Carl Anderson Meets the Nicotine Addicts from Mars!
- That time the US Secret Service mistook a cyberpunk RPG for a hacker’s handbook
- Psychokinesis and Its Possible Implication to Warfare Strategy, Master’s thesis, January 1985
- Harvey Weinstein’s “False Memory” Defense and its Shocking Origin Story
- On dropping the bomb(s)
- The First UFO Lawsuit?
- They Are Already Here: UFO Culture and Why We See Saucers
- The Monster Sightings of Winifred Cary
- Documents Reveal US Army Propaganda Campaign For ‘Independence Day’ Sequel
- Nimitz Technician Breaks Confidentiality Agreement to Report His Close Encounter with Tic Tac UFO
- Ideas Worth Slandering: TED Flags the UFO Topic – The Daily Grail
- Gabriel García Márquez exhibit to open at UT’s Harry Ransom Center
- “The Phenomenon”: James Fox’s New UFO Documentary (Trailer)
- The Colorado Mystery Drones Weren’t Real