Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 8/17/2017
The Anomaly Archives Weekly Email Newsletter
August 17th, 2017 – Austin, Texas. . .
– SUPPORT THE ANOMALY ARCHIVES
Shop Today with AmazonSmile!
“Shop for great deals at smile.amazon.com/ch/20-0154483
and Amazon will donate to Scientific Anomaly Institute.”
One of the easiest ways to support the Anomaly Archives is to do you online shopping through our AmazonSmile portal. When you purchase eligible items via Amazon.com through that portal, Amazon rewards our 501(c)3 non-profit with proceeds that cost-you-nothing!
Three ways you can help…
- Become a Supporting Member for just $20 a year
- Buy Books via AMAZON’s Anomaly Archives SMILE Program Portal
- Help Spread the Word About the Anomaly Archives through Social Media
– ANOMALY NEWS HEADLINES
Check out the other great news links in our headlines section below.
Find all of them and more at our Flipboard page: Anomaly Archives Flipboard.
– VIDEO OF THE WEEK
Back in January / February of 2016, I experienced a strange auditory phenomena on-and-off for about 26 days. Was it the notorious Worldwide Mystery Hum phenomenon? Upon mentioning it to my good friend and PsiOp-Radio co-host Mack White, I discovered that he too had a strange auditory experience last year in October. Though we are geographically distant (I in Austin and he in Fort Worth) we compare notes and discuss this puzzling phenomenon.
– BOOK OF THE WEEK
We’ve got another international classic in this week’s installment.
Check it out below . . .
See you all next issue!
SMiles Lewis / Founder
Miles’ and Mack’s 2016 Mystery Hum Experiences
Mystery Hum Experiences on PsiOp-Radio 184 – 170402
Book of the Week…Black Elk Speaks
by John G. Neihardt
Black Elk Speaks is a 1932 book by John G. Neihardt, an American poet and writer, who relates the story of Black Elk, an Oglala Lakota medicine man. Black Elk spoke in Lakota and Black Elk’s son, Ben Black Elk, who was present during the talks, translated his father’s words into English. Neihardt made notes during these talks which he later used as the basis for his book.
The prominent psychologist Carl Jung read the book in the 1930s and urged its translation into German; in 1955, it was published as Ich rufe mein Volk (I Call My People).
Reprinted in the US in 1961, with a 1988 edition named Black Elk Speaks: Being the Life Story of a Holy Man of the Oglala Sioux, as told through John G. Neihardt (Flaming Rainbow) and a State University of New York Press 2008 Premier Edition annotated by Lakota scholar Raymond DeMallie, the book has found an international audience. However, the book has come under fire for what critics describe as inaccurate representations of Lakota culture and beliefs.
In the summer of 1930, as part of his research into the Native American perspective on the Ghost Dance movement, the poet and writer John G. Neihardt, already the Nebraska poet laureate, received the necessary permission from the Bureau of Indian Affairs to go to the Pine Ridge Reservation. Accompanied by his two daughters, he went to meet an Oglala holy man named Black Elk. His intention was to talk to someone who had participated in the Ghost Dance. For the most part, the reservations were not then open to visitors. At age 13, Black Elk had also been part of the Battle of the Little Big Horn, and he survived the 1890 Wounded Knee Massacre.
Book Page at Anomaly Archives…
Here are some headlines of note for this week:
SAI Anomaly Archives eNews
Anomaly Archives Flipboard RSS Feed
- Captured Flying Saucers: US Navy Investigates Crashed Disc, Alice, TX, July 4, 1950 August 15, 2017
- 2017 East Coast Paraconference – Remote Viewing Panel August 15, 2017
- The Contactees Die Young Paperback – March, 1989 August 14, 2017
- Government Agencies Put Paranormal Spin on Upcoming Solar Eclipse August 14, 2017
- Paranormal Group Films Ghost? Haunting a Texas Hotel August 14, 2017
- Special Effects Legend Douglas Trumbull Talks About How He Has Created a System for Capturing UFOs August 14, 2017
- ADP: Peter Robbins – UFOs/ Disclosure/ Nazca Mummies August 12, 2017
- Interview with Lawrence LeShan (65th Anniversary Interview Series) August 11, 2017
- Eternal Nightmare: Sleep Paralysis Found to be Linked to Traumatic Experiences and Stress August 11, 2017
- One old minibus and 1,300 books: the mobile library for refugees in Greece August 11, 2017
- Man finds boa constrictor in attic after years of strange sounds he blamed on rats August 11, 2017
- The accidental invention of the Illuminati conspiracy August 11, 2017
- Expert weighs in on mysterious creature spotted on golf course | GrindTV.com August 11, 2017
- Agencies advise on possible ‘Lizard Man,’ ‘Bigfoot’ sightings in South Carolina during eclipse August 11, 2017
- NSA Fully Releases ‘UFOs and the IC Blind Spot’ Doc Following FOIA Request @ The UFO Trail August 10, 2017
- Breakaway w/ WALTER BOSLEY 10 Aug 17 August 10, 2017
Check out more news links at the
[NOTE: Inclusion of news & event info is purely informational
and does not indicate endorsement.]
Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 8/17/2017