Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 8/28/2017
The Anomaly Archives Weekly Email Newsletter
August 28th, 2017 – Austin, Texas. . .
The past few weeks have been filled with multiple personal synchronicities, many revolving around recently digitized videos (or the sharing of images) I’ve collected or recorded over the years spanning the mid-1990s to the early 2000s. Some have been pleasant reminisces while others have had unpleasant or surprising connections with the terrible incidents in Charlottesville and the massive public reaction to the Free Speech Rally in Boston. I talk about these synchronicities in last week’s episode of PsiOp-Radio (#187) that I host with long-time friend and researcher, Mack White. One of the recently digitized videos (not associated with any of those syncs) is featured below as our video of the week.
– VIDEO OF THE WEEK
I’ve recently added several new videos to myvariouspersonalYouTubeaccounts, including a couple of videos at the Official Anomaly Archives YouTube Channel. This one (see below) was recorded from Austin’s Community Access TV network, ACTV, and features the artwork of Austin contactee artist, Josi Galantealong with a didgeridoo soundtrack (possibly created by Austin didgeridoo player, Loping Buzzard*). Both were frequent attendees of the Austin UFO Forum & Study Group and / or similar local para-oriented group meetings (Austin Mufon, Austin Art Bell Chat Club etc.) back in the 1990s. Around 2011-ish, Loping Buzzard showed up at the Anomaly Archives to donate some of his many UFO and paranormal books. He had a terminal illness and wanted to donate his collection which also featured materials from Josi Galante’s personal collection.
I last heard from Josi back in 2014 and suspect that she too may have passed beyond…We love and them both – Josi G. & L.P.
* “Loping Buzzard” – local musician and
Forever Friend of the Archives.
– BOOK OF THE WEEK
This week’s installment features a tome printed by both paranormal publishers Llewellyn and FATE Presents, and written by an author whose other non-ufological books have been about drugs, sexuality, magic, and … poetry!
– ANOMALY NEWS HEADLINES
Check out the other great news links in our headlines section below.
Find all of them and more at our Flipboard page: Anomaly Archives Flipboard.
Read on . . .
Josi Galante Art with Didgeridoo – broadcast on ACTV Austin Community access TeleVision in the 1990s.
You can find more of Josi’s work here:
- Alien Contact Scenes ~ By Permission of Josi Galante (Facebook)
- ✫ Art by Josi Galante ✫ (Facebook)
Book of the Week…ExtraTerrestrials Among Us
by George C. Andrews
“My aim as a writer is to express the truth as I perceive it on the subjects that interest me most” – George C. Andrews
George C. Andrews Bibliography – FantomPowa: Flame Magazine
Review excerpt from New Dawn Magazine No. 36:
This remarkable book is presented by Fate magazine, and contains a wealth of information on UFO sightings, contacts and abductions, cattle mutilations and evidence of government shenanigans and cover-ups. Some of the topics covered include evidence from ancient scripture and occult writings of alien contact and ‘wars in heaven’, aspects of the cover-up of UFO sightings / contact and deliberate discreditation / ridicule of contactees and their supporters, U.S. government involvement in said cover-ups, etc. There is a reasonable amount of material from the 19th century, and the author manages to link untraceable predators which decimate farmer’s cows and chickens in the UK midlands to the cattle mutilators of the American midwest (an interesting link to the so-called ‘ABC’s’ (Alien Big Cats) said to plague British farmers to this day.) Charles Fort receives credit for mentioning UFO related phenomena long before it became something in the public eye, and the book reproduces a number of his hypotheses (we are cattle!) as well as presenting some of the bizarre cases he collected.
Andrews’ book on UFOs and Fortean weirdness is a difficult mix of metaphysical speculation and solid reporting. The texture of Andrews’ book is scattered and paranoid and he never lingers on a specific subject long enough for the reader to come away with anything of real investigative value. This is an enjoyable foray into strangeness and conspiracy theory, but not nearly the journalistic dynamite as Timothy Good’s “Above Top Secret.”
Here are some headlines of note for this week:SAI Anomaly Archives eNews
- Something strange is going on at Canada’s embassy in Dublin. Kevin Vickers says it’s a ghost August 28, 2017
- Interview with UFO contactee Sixto Paz Wells August 28, 2017
- Fortean / Oddball News – 7/19/2010 August 27, 2017
- “Dero-Queero Again – and the Spiritistic Interpretation” | The Round Robin [Vol. 3, No. 5, May & June 1947] August 27, 2017
- Whitley Strieber: Nuclear Holocaust & Mothman August 26, 2017
- Bigfoot Reports from Central Southern CO/Northern NM: Excerpt from Wood Knocks Vol II August 26, 2017
- Fears of unrest as Indian guru is convicted of rape August 25, 2017
- 3,700-year-old Babylonian tablet rewrites the history of maths – and shows the Greeks did not develop trigonometry August 25, 2017
- Dan, Fran Keller to get $3.4 million in ‘satanic day care’ case August 24, 2017
- Morton’s Run As Fugitive Comes to Predictable End August 24, 2017
- I-Team: Secrets of Area 51 being revealed August 24, 2017
- UFO Disclosure Author William Tompkins Dies August 24, 2017
- Rich Hoffman – Cloverdale UFO Mystery – August 22, 2017 August 23, 2017
- TWIN PEAKS AND THE BLUE ROSE by Rocko Van Buren August 23, 2017
- Robbie Graham Busts the UFO Paradigm |358| | Skeptiko – Science at the Tipping Point August 23, 2017
- Encounter 102: Of all the Things to Wish upon a Person–Al Bender and the Men in Black August 22, 2017
- Exeter UFO Festival Speakers August 20, 2017
- Stigmatized Subcultures: The Proximity Between Nazis, Black Metal and UFOs August 19, 2017
- A Chupacabra Conspiracy That Wasn’t August 19, 2017
- 2017 East Coast Paraconference – Paul Kimball: Haunted August 18, 2017
Check out more news links at the
– SUPPORT THE ANOMALY ARCHIVES
Shop Today with AmazonSmile!
“Shop for great deals at smile.amazon.com/ch/20-0154483
and Amazon will donate to Scientific Anomaly Institute.”
One of the easiest ways to support the Anomaly Archives is to do you online shopping through our AmazonSmile portal. When you purchase eligible items via Amazon.com through that portal, Amazon rewards our 501(c)3 non-profit with proceeds that cost-you-nothing!
Three ways you can help…
Support the Anomaly Archives by selecting us as your charity of choice with the AmazonSmile Program.
Your purchases at smile.amazon.com will support Scientific Anomaly Institute. Just select us as your favorite charity and then be sure to purchase eligible items via the smile.amazon.com website.
Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 8/28/2017