Source: Anomaly Archives eNews – February 27th, 2022
The Anomaly Archives Email Newsletter
February 27, 2022 – Austin, Texas
Anomalous Archives in Texas
Opening of the Archives of the Impossible @RiceUniversity
March 3-6, 2022
Greetings Friends and Supporters of the Anomaly Archives!
We are in the final week before the grand Opening of the Archives of the Impossible at Rice University in Houston, Texas, that starts this Thursday, March 3rd. I am so excited to finally meet Jeff Kripal and so many others in-person for the first time and to see this other new amazing anomalous archive here in Texas. The three pre-event webinars were great! I particularly enjoyed Priscilla Wald’s webinar with Jeff Kripal. The archives for the first two of those three presentations are available via YouTube at the links below and HERE.
This amazing event is a FREE hybrid in-person and limited streaming conference; the plenary sessions featuring Jeff Kripa, Jacques Vallée, Leslie Kean, Whitley Strieber, Diana Pasulka, John Phillip Santos, Edwin May, Sebastiano De Filippi and more are an extraordinary lineup of academics who are part of this sea-change making the Invisible College VISIBLE! Those presentations will be streamed live while the panel discussions will be recorded and posted online later. I am so honored to be among the amazing list of panelists that include Amanda Focke, Brian Hubner, Blynne Olivieri, Clas Svahn, AnaLouise Keating, Simon Cox, Stephen Finley, Christine Skolnik, Sam Stoeltje, Annalisa Ventola, Elizabeth Krohn, Gail Husick, Paul Smith, Sravana Borkataky-Varma, Christopher White, Michael Masters, Erin Prophet, Stanislav Panin, Eric Wargo, Diana Pasulka, Margarita Guillory, Joseph Laycock, Wendy Lochner, Natasha Mikles, Stuart Davis, Greg Bishop, Angelo John Lewis, David Metcalfe, and Marques Redd.
If you haven’t already, go to ImpossibleArchives.Rice.Edu and REGISTER NOW!
FREE Main Event:
March 3rd-6th, 2022
Register for the online conference here.
. . .
SMiles Lewis to join Ben & Joe of UFO GARAGE PODCAST
For THURSTY THURSDAY, March 10th!
Anomaly Archives founder, SMiles Lewis, will be the guest of Ben & Joe on their UFO Garage Podcast, for THURSTY THURSDAY, March 10th. Joe & Ben are donating 20% of their merch sales for this quarter to the Anomaly Archives, 501c3 nonprofit:
“Doing our part: Every quarter we donate 20% of all merch sales towards a UFO Research or Experiencer Support Group.
This quarter we chose to help out Anomaly Archives in Austin Texas find it’s new home!“
You may recall that they posted a video of the tour I gave them of the Anomaly Archives previous location, in February of 2020, just before the pandemic lockdowns changed everything…
Check em out at …
We hope you all will tune in to the Live-Streaming March 3rd-6th, Opening of the Archives of the Impossible @RiceUniversity as well as the Live-Streaming March 10th (“Thursty Thursday“) episode of Ben & Joe’s UFO GARAGE PODCAST!
SMiles Lewis / Founder
FREE Pre-Event Webinars:
February 8th, 15h, & 24th, 2022
FREE Main Event:
March 3rd-6th, 2022
- SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- Register for the online conference here.
- Register for the online pre-event Webinars here.
… more below …
This is one event you don’t want to miss, so register today
Register for the online conference here
In the weeks leading up to our conference at Rice, Jeffrey Kripal will be holding a series of live webinar conversations with leading scholars in the field. These conversations will push the academic study of the paranormal in new directions while they set the tone for the conference to come.
Watch the archives of these webinars and learn more about the speakers…
Feb. 8: John Phillip Santos – John Phillip Santos is a Rhodes Scholar, writer, journalist, and documentarian. In addition to television documentaries on religion and culture for CBS News and PBS, myriad magazine articles and newspaper work, he has authored two memoirs, Places Left Unfinished at the Time of Creation (1999 National Book Award Finalist), The Farthest Home is in An Empire of Fire (2010), and a book of poems, Songs Older Than Any Known Singer (2007). He teaches Writing and Mestizo Cultural Studies in the Honors College at University of Texas San Antonio. He is currently working on the last installment in his trilogy of memoirs, and collaborating with Chicano rocker Alejandro Escovedo on a “mythic” memoir of the musician’s storied life in punk rock and beyond.
Feb. 15: Priscilla Wald – Priscilla Wald is R. Florence Brinkley Distinguished Chair of English at Duke University, where she co-edits American Literature with Matthew Taylor. She is the author of Contagious: Cultures, Carriers, and the Outbreak Narrative (Duke, 2008) and Constituting Americans: Cultural Anxiety and Narrative Form (Duke, 1995). Wald is currently working on a monograph entitled Human Being After Genocide, which considers the “mythistory” of humanity that emerged from efforts to articulate an “underlying spirit of unity” that could sacralize “the human” in the wake of two world wars and a proliferation of scientific and technological developments that challenged conventional notions of life.
VIDEO ARCHIVE COMING SOON
Feb. 24: Hussein Ali Agrama – Hussein Ali Agrama is an Associate Professor in the Department of Anthropology at the University of Chicago. His previous research and writing focused on religion and secularism in the Islamic Middle East. A central current of his ongoing research explores how the UFO phenomenon and the anomalies associated with it may profoundly challenge the secular foundations of the contemporary social and humanistic sciences, a recent example of which can be found here.
Anomaly News Headlines
Here are some headlines of note for this week:
- CNN SPECIAL REPORT: MEGAPHONE FOR CONSPIRACY, THE ALEX JONES STORY
- A Concise Chronology of Evidences of The Larry Warren Fraud. (With ongoing Updates)
- Former Map Maker Walks for Hours To Create Giant Geometric Patterns in Snow
- Mystery hummingbird stumps amateurs and scientists alike
- The Cosmos is Calling to Us, but how do We Respond? Our Guest has some Revolutionary Ideas!
- One of Austin’s first Black communities has largely been erased. This building tells its tale.
- BBC Radio 4 – The Coming Storm – Available now
- The Press Often Gives Us Fake News About Brains
- A History of Demonology is a History of the World
- The Brain Waves of a Dying Person Have Been Recorded in Detail For The First Time
- Supernatural America: The Paranormal in American Art | Minneapolis Institute of Art
- Quantum Sensor Opens ‘a New Window into the Underground’
- Scientists Built The World’s Tiniest Antenna, And It’s Made Out of DNA
- Across the U.S., Museums Are Exploring Spiritualism and the Occult as Powerful, Unsung Forces in Art History | Artnet News
- Graham Hancock and Rupert Sheldrake: Two Heretics Converse and Challenge the Mainstream Narrative on Consciousness – The Daily Grail
- Life really does flash before our eyes at point of death, landmark study suggests
- The Alligator In The Sewer: Evidence Behind NYC’s Urban Legend
- FBI Files: Bigfoot & Sasquatch – The Black Vault
- The Sky at Night – ET and the BBC
- Intelligence as a planetary scale process | International Journal of Astrobiology | Cambridge Core
- The Remarkable Ways Our Brains Slip Into Synchrony
- Who Is Behind QAnon? Linguistic Detectives Find Fingerprints
- Rasa on the new RAW book
- All Events
- Coast to Coast AM: Witness Video Tapes and EM Effects
- Researchers analysed material from an unsolved UFO case with modern scientific equipment – The Daily Grail
- Who Is Behind QAnon? Linguistic Detectives Find Fingerprints
- The ‘Big Flip’ Is Upon Us: Earth’s Magnetic Field is Dramatically Shifting Over Africa
- Scientists demonstrate self-awareness in fish
- Obituary for David J. McGuirl | Woodlawn Funeral Home
- Jacques Vallée Still Doesn’t Know What UFOs Are
- 02.08.22. Chris Mellon: The Air Force’s UAP Issue – The Micah Hanks Program
- Astrobiologists Suggest the Earth Itself May Be an Intelligent Entity
- Unexplained injuries similar to previous “Havana Syndrome” cases afflicted U.S. officials on White House grounds
- Watch: Multiple Witnesses Film Mysterious Fireball Over Norwegian Community
- Scientists Make Breakthrough in Warping Time at Smallest Scale Ever
- Retablos. Search “Aliens”
- Bat falcon spotted in Texas is first time bird of prey has been seen in US in recorded history
- In search of the psychedelic orgasm – can cervical stimulation release DMT? – leafie
- Ex-CIA Officer’s UFO Encounter: “There’s A Whole Other Reality That Surrounds Us” Astral Citizens
- Edinburgh police scrambled to investigate mysterious UFOS hovering over hills
- TRACKING THE FOO FIGHTERS
- Humor and the Paraweird
- Archives of the Impossible: A Conversation with John Phillip Santos and Jeffrey J. Kripal
- Our Biggest Global Challenge
- Huge flock of birds seen mysteriously dropping-dead mid-flight in video
- How the British Army Spread Rumors of Black Magic and Witchcraft in 1970s Northern Ireland
- “It is hard to see how any other outcome is possible”: The Platonism of S.E.T.I.
- New species of ‘incredibly rare’ insect discovered
- Distant star is orbited by 65 mystery objects that transit precisely 23.1 minutes apart – The Daily Grail
- Encounters in a Cornfield
- First hints of a planet orbiting in a white dwarf’s habitable zone
- Elon Musk’s Neuralink implants have already killed 15 monkeys
- MIT Scientists Snap Images of “Quantum Tornadoes”
- Inside Co-Creation by Susan Demeter
- Four Qualities to Become a Better Magician
- No explanation for ‘mystery liquid’ falling from sky over neighborhood
- Martian Arts Festival ’22
- Great Filter Warning
- Stream Pan Paracon Online — Pan(demic) ParaCon 2021
- WELCOME TO WUFO – WUFO WATCH
- Navy Releases Timeline For Mysterious 2019 “UAS Swarm” Involving Warships Off California
- PDFs: OMNI’s UFO articles : By/about Oberg, Sheaffer, Vallee, Hynek, Jerome Clark and many others
- Lucid Dreaming, Creativity, and Your Larger Awareness – IONS
- French cave reveals evidence of first modern humans in Europe
- Sorcery and Special K: The Neuroplastic Visions of Zoë Shulman
- Jacques Vallee oral history interview
- 1935 Sewer Gator Story Confirmed
- JFK assassin Lee Harvey Oswald ‘worked for CIA’ and lone gunman theory ‘bulls***’, claims expert
- “DULCE WARRIORS,” A PARTING GIFT FROM TIMOTHY GREEN BECKLEY
- ‘Monster Theory Reader’: aiming for scholarship of the fantastic
- Why we forget: Scientists suggest you may not have lost your memories after all – Brain Tomorrow
- Video: Famed Haunted Hotel in Texas Gutted by Massive Fire
- Our Mysterious Visual Ray — Steemit
- Back to the Future
- ‘Something’s coming’: is America finally ready to take UFOs seriously?
- Garry Nolan: UFOs and Aliens | Lex Fridman Podcast #262
- The 10 Best Bigfoot Books – Bigfoot Times
- UFO Expert Chris Mellon: Based On What We Know About UAPs, Aliens Are The BEST Explanation
- Everything We See Is a Mash-Up of the Brain’s Last 15 Seconds of Visual Information
- Lucid Dreaming and Living Lucidly: Gateway to the Inner Self – IONS
Check out more news links at the
[NOTE: Inclusion of news & event info is purely informational
and does not indicate endorsement.]
Book Of The Week
TRINITY: The Best-Kept Secret
by Jaques Vallée,& Paola Leopizzi Harris
“…Vallée turned his attention to another old case, one that many UFOers regard as a nothingburger, if not a sham.
In 1945—one month after the very first nuclear weapon test, codenamed Trinity—two kid cowboys in the New Mexican desert, aged 7 and 9, heard a crash. They found an avocado-shaped craft, inside of which were mantis-like occupants. The beings seemed to be in pain, which made the younger boy cry. The two witnesses went decades without speaking of what went down. One metal artifact, still under analysis, remains from the site.
Last year, Vallée self-published a book about the case, coauthored with Paola Harris, an Italian ufological journalist who once taught at the American Overseas School of Rome and currently teaches at a Hawaii-based nonprofit that supports alien contactees, government whistleblowers, and the cause of galactic diplomacy. His decision to partner with her rankled the UFO community. Why, some asked, would this no-nonsense Scully saddle up with a woo-woo Mulder? (Evidently, they had forgotten about the fruits such a dynamic can bear.) The book suffers from a need for professional editing, but it is classic Vallée, marching confidently into the shifting borderland between fringe and mainstream. In the end, the reader must decide whether to believe in the phenomenon or not.”
SOURCE: Jacques Vallée Still Doesn’t Know What UFOs Are – WIRED magazine
. . .
From Amazon.com …
“Hard evidence has existed since 1945 for the actual recovery of unidentified flying craft in the United States, according to a new research book, “TRINITY: The Best-Kept Secret” written by two seasoned analysts of the global patterns behind the UFO phenomenon. Italian investigative journalist Paola Leopizzi Harris and French-born information scientist Dr. Jacques F. Vallée have teamed up to uncover the details of a New Mexico crash in 1945, fully two years before the well-known incident at Roswell and the famous sighting by pilot Kenneth Arnold in 1947. Over several site investigation surveys Harris and Vallée reconstructed the historic observations by three witnesses, two of whom are still living, who described to them the circumstances of the crash, with details of the recovery of a nearly-intact flying vehicle and its occupants by an Army detachment. Combining their long experience in field research around the world, the authors have documented the step-by-step efforts by the military to remove the object, an avocado-shaped craft weighting several tons, from the property where it crash-landed during a storm. Surprisingly, the literature of the field only includes a few passing mentions about the case, and only one (foreign) TV documentary has mentioned it, but the correlation between the crash of the extraordinary object and the explosion of the first atom bomb at White Sands, less than 20 miles away, has been missed. Harris and Vallée suggest that the correlation is significant for physical, geographic and biological reasons, quite apart from the obvious strategic implications. The witnesses were able to observe not only the actual crash of the object on their property but every step of the military efforts to lift it and take it away. Fearing retaliation, they remained silent for some 60 years about what they had seen and done over those nine days at the site while the recovery was proceeding. When placed in the context of the history of chemical and physical analysis of retrieved UFO debris–an area where Harris and Vallée have long collaborated—the devices observed by the witnesses raise a number of very important scientific questions. The Honorable Paul Hellyer, former Minister of National Defence of Canada, has stated: “Paola Harris and Jacques Vallée have spent much effort doing field research on location (…) It is now time that their discovery be revealed to the world.” Christopher Mellon, former deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, called the data “fresh reason to believe that our government is concealing physical proof of alien technology. Read the book, and if persuaded, join the millions of other Americans seeking a straight answer.” And Professor Paul Hynek added that the research “reveals a new UFO history.””
Buy the book through Amazon’s Smile Program and
Support the Nonprofit Mission of the Anomaly Archives.
Source: Anomaly Archives eNews – February 27th, 2022