Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 5/23/2016
The Anomaly Archives Weekly Email Newsletter
May 23rd, 2016 – Here we are … one week later.
A quick follow-up from last week’s headlines about a teenager discovering an ancient lost Mayan city; turns out a UT Austin professor and others have debunked the poor reporting according to a reporter with the last name of Mulder at the LA Times:
“A 15-year-old boy discovered a lost city by theorizing that a modern star map would correlate with ancient Mayan settlements. … David Stuart, a professor at the University of Texas at Austin and one of the world’s leading experts on the Maya, was among the first to raise an alarm. He argued that the square shape Gadoury saw on a satellite image of the Maya heartland was probably a fallow agricultural field. Since then, numerous other experts have cast doubts on Gadoury’s city, some even presenting evidence that what was aligned with the constellations was actually an old marijuana plot.” LAtimes.com
You can find the link to that and other interesting news items in our Anomalous Headlines section below.
For this week’s Book-Of-The-Week we are featuring the controversial work of journalist Annie Jacobsen. She has written a series of books on topics near and dear to the UFO & Conspiracy communities; one on the mysterious Area 51, another on the nefarious Project Paperclip Nazis, and another on the spooky tech haunting our world (and paid for by our tax dollars) from the bowels of DARPA. Oh and let’s not forgot Annie’s other claim to infamy from before her voluminous forays into flying-saucer-conspiracy-culture: her 2004 claim to have witnessed a group of terrorists doing a “dry-run” aboard a commercial flight she was on.
Also, if you can make it – check out these amazing events…
- Global BEM Breakthrough Energy Movement Conference – May 28 & 29th, Bastrop (Greater Austin) TX-USA
- Living Mystery Symposium, Hawaii, Volcanoes National Park (Kilauea Theatre) November 5th & 6th, 2016 /Theme: Super Nature, Featuring: Whitley Strieber, Tyler Kokjohn, Dennis McKenna, Tiokasin Ghosthorse, Jeremy Vaeni
That’s it for now… See you next week!
SMiles Lewis / Founder
Book of the Week…
Area 51: An Uncensored History of America’s Top Secret Military Base
by Annie Jacobsen
Excerpt from Norio Hayakawa’s commentary / review of Area 51 by Annie Jacobsen:
Annie Jacobsen’s book is well written, riveting and thought-provoking!!
The interesting question, however, is:
Did she intentionally allow many gullible reviewers (even a few military aviation enthusiasts who fell into this entrapment) to exclusively focus on the controversy… (i.e., the last 8 pages which have little to do with the rest of her thick and rather straightforward book)?
Indeed it seems that most reviewers (including a New York Times reviewer, and even L.A. Times itself) were sidetracked by this provocative item and unwittingly played a role in sensationalizing her book.
Her ‘anonymous’ interviewee (no longer anonymous, as I stated…Alfred O’Donnell of E.G. & G.) may also have fallen for the trap by agreeing to throw in an obvious piece of disinformation (which he may well have been aware of, as well as Jacobsen herself….as disinformation) for her book.
(as I stated, Alfred O’Donnell had joined E.G. & G. in 1947 when the defense contractor was established)
The strategy seemed to have worked and the book became a top-seller.
It was quite brilliant.
* The book definitely brings up a very important topic, i.e., the significance of Operation Paperclip that played a major role in the subsequent development of America’s Black Budget programs.
Read the rest of Norio’s commentary at his website.
Of particular interest…
- Area 51 Book Exposed: Jacobsen’s Secret Source Revealed with Interview. – Anthony Bragalia, The Bragalia Files via TheUFOchronicles.com
- Uncensored History Of DARPA: What you don’t know about advanced military technology – Alex Jones interviews Annie Jacobsen (Videos – Extended Versions)
- ABC Nightline: Bill Weir Challenges Annie Jacobsen (Video) – ABC news
- ABC News Says Jacobsen Source is ‘Confused & Conflicted”; The Author Gets Grilled By Nightline’s Bill Weir – TheUFOchronicles.com
- Flashback: Jacobsen’s claim of Terrorist Dry-Run – snopes.com
Here are some headlines of note for this week:
- La Photographie d’OVNI de Tulsa (Smith, 1965) et le Peintre Clovis Trouille. Qui s’inspira de qui? Sceptiques vs. les Soucoupes Volantes Le blog sceptique de Gilles Fernandez à propos des OVNI et de phénomènes considérés comme étranges. [Use the Google translate function to read in English]
- Jeff Ritzmann: the More You Give, the More You Get – The Experience (Podcast MP3) with Jeremy Vaeni with news on the first Living Mystery Symposium (Theme: Super Nature) at Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park, November 5th & 6th, 2016 with Whitley Strieber, Tyler Kokjohn (Project Core), Dennis McKenna, Jeremy Vaeni as MC, and more!
- Project Oculus: Paranormal Windows – Jeremy Vaeni, The Experience
- Jeff Ritzman’s Project Oculus: Paranormal Windows – GoFundMe Campaign (Video)
- We Will Replicate You Wholesale: Envisioning the Human Genome Project, Part 2 – The Experience (with Guest Blogger Tyler Kokjohn, Ph.D.)
- Coyne Army Helicopter / UFO Encounter: Mid-Air Encounter With UFO: Rarely Seen US Army Documents Available Again – Paul Dean, UFOs – Documenting The Evidence
- Facts About Silas Newton’s Claimed “Successful” Oil Discoveries – Guest Post by Dan Plazak – Bad UFOs: Skepticism, UFOs, and The Universe
- Owls, UFOs and Area 51 – Mike Clelland, Hidden Experience
- The Contributions of Wilhelm Reich (Audio MP3) – Betsy Kaplan, WNPR.org
- So you want to be a parapsychologist? Part 1 / Part 2 (Videos) – Parapsychology Foundation
- Extended Human Capacities Part One: Genetics of Psychic Ability – Survey by Helané Wahbeh
- Why ‘waste my life’ on parapsychology? #NECSS – Caroline Watt, Koestler Parapsychology Unit
- Table Phenomena in Argentina – Carlos S. Alvarado
- John Keel “John’s Home Movies” – FortFest 1997 conference lecture (Video) – ImaginalComponent
- Rock in the Vault: University libraries become go-to institution for music archives – Timothy Inklebarger, AmericanLibrariesMagazine.org
- Spoof website story on Sheppey wreck caused panic – John Nurden, KentOnline.co.uk
- It’s Not That I’m Jaded . . . Regan Lee, Orange Orb
- Dear “Skeptics,” Bash Homeopathy and Bigfoot Less, Mammograms and War More A science journalist takes a skeptical look at capital-S Skepticism – John Horgan, Scientific American blog
- 12-Step Program for Recovering Skeptics: The Anomaly as a Hard Target – EsoterX.com
- Powershift Era – (Austin’s Own…) Chuck Robison, HillCountryNews.com
- Physicists Say Wormholes Could Void the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle – OuterPlaces.com
- Scientists discover “new form of light” – UPI.com
- There IS life after DEATH: Scientists reveal shock findings from groundbreaking study – Express.co.uk
- That wasn’t a Mayan lost city, just another example of the culture of hype – Stephanie Mulder, LAtimes.com
- A Secret Tunnel Found in Mexico May Finally Solve the Mysteries of Teotihuacán – Smithsonian
- Smokey Crabtree Inducted into Ohio Bigfoot Hall of Fame – Lyle Blackburn, Cryptomundo.com
- FLAHSBACK: Newspaper offered reward for mystery ‘monster’ of Mount Gambier’s famous Blue Lake – ABC.net.au – Photo: In 1962, Mount Gambier newspaper the Border Watch whipped up some excitement with these stories on the mystery Blue Lake ‘monster’. (Archive: Les Hill Collection)
- Werewolves: “What Business Is It Of Yours?” – Nick Redfern, Mysterious Universe
- The werewolf of Hull! Witnesses claim they’ve spotted 8ft tall fanged beast with human-like features nicknamed ‘Old Stinker’ – DailyMail.co.uk
- Alberta Man Who Stabbed Five Students to Death at a House Party Thought He Was Killing Werewolves – Manisha Krishnan, Vice.com
- Nearly 100 schoolchildren ‘possessed by the devil’ have ‘contagious visions’ of man in black trying to kill them – Mirro.co.uk
- ‘I hope he’s roasting in hell’: Deadliest school massacre remembered 89 years later – USA Today Network, Judy Putnam, Lansing (Mich.) State Journal
- The Cell (2000) – Sex Slaves and the Split Psyche – Jay Dyer, Jay’s Analysis
- Dr. Richard Spence: Espionage, Secret Societies & the Occult (Video / Audio) – Jay Dyer, EpsionageHistoryArchive.com
- Endangered Species: Cattle Mutilations on the Big Screen – Nick Redfern, JimHarold.com
- Warren Commission Critic Mark Lane Has Passed Away – CovertBookReport.com
[NOTE: Inclusion of news & event info is purely informational
and does not indicate endorsement.]
Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 5/23/2016