The Big Thicket of Southeast Texas: Lair of the Mysterious
An Investigation of Cryptid Beasts, Spook Lights, and Other Unexplained Wonders
Instructor: Rob Riggs
Explore the weird phenomena that surround the Big Thicket area of Texas. With bizarre sightings and experiences that have spanned cultures and centuries, the region has been of special interest to instructor and researcher Rob Riggs. Investigate the various sightings reported in Southeast Texas and learn how such phenomena constitute genuine scientific unknowns, rather than exaggerated tall-tales.
• Discuss Big Foot sightings, including the history of the wild hairy primate and current activity
• Learn about the standing Ghost Light Phenomenon
• Contextualize these phenomena within ancient mythologies
• Apply modern scientific theory to show the potential for knowledge behind the phenomena
• Compare American skepticism with the different philosophic, scientific and theological views in other countries
Read more about the course on the course outline.
Rob Riggs is a veteran Texas journalist whose thirty plus years of investigating the mysteries of the Big Thicket’s weird phenomena have led to his authoring or co-authoring three published books on the subject.
Requirements: Purchase of the instructor’s two books, “In the Big Thicket” and “Bigfoot: Exploring the Myth and Discovering the Truth” directly from him during class for $25 is recommended, but not required. They may also be purchased from Nook or Kindle as e-books for about $20 total.
Class #: IC15192
Date: Oct. 13-Oct. 27
Day: Mondays (3 meetings)
Time: 6:30 PM- 8:30 PM
Find out more about the class at the link below…
The Anomaly Archives is not affiliated with this course.