ANOMALY ARCHIVES eNEWS
– January 2005 –
“20 Months On … A look back.”
Podcast Now Available
- Grey Lodge Occult Review #14 www.GreyLodge.orgSamuel Beckett rubs elbows with John Keel, Aldous Huxley, Jack Sarfatti, Kenneth Anger, Russel Targ and Philip K. Dick, among others.
These monsters can be hundreds of feet tall and, depending on local topography, race miles inland. Scientists fear global warming could trigger one.
- Uri Geller on the Night the Aliens Came for Lennon www.Telegraph.co.uk– December 8th, 2004
They came in the darkness and had bug-like faces. Stranger still, they left a weird egg-shaped object behind. Uri Geller recalls his friend John Lennon’s encounter with the unknown
There is an egg-like object in my pocket. It was given to me by John Lennon. And it was given to him by … well, I’ll come to that.
The Department of Energy’s Office of Science has issued its report on cold fusion.
- January 2005 marks the beginning of the new monthly Anomaly Archives eNews update available in your email inbox or here on the web at www.AnomalyArchives.org/enews/
To subscribe to Anomaly Archives eNews update email a request to <eNewsNOSPAM@AnomalyArchive.com>
|eNEWS FEATURE: “A Look Back…” – 2004 saw a number of milestones for the Anomaly Archives lending library:
- April 2004 marked the launch of our Free Public Lecture series with author Adam Gorightly presenting research documented in his book, The Prankster and the Conspiracy: The Story of Kerry Thornley and How He Met Oswald and Inspired the Counterculture. The Prankster and the Conspiracy details the life of one of the 1960s counterculture’s most fascinating characters — Kerry Wendell Thornley, a writer, philosopher, Zen dishwasher, enlightened prankster, and, possibly, an Oswald double with disturbing ties to the Kennedy assassination.
- In June 2004, the Human Potential Center, INACS (Institute for Neuroscience And Consciousness Studies) and the Anomaly Archives co-sponsored a Summer Consciousness Community Picnic and Book Raising for the IONS Austin community group. This event celebrated the official partnering of IONS Austin with the Anomaly Archives and raised an initial IONS Austin library of over 75 books on mind body connections and other areas of consciousness research. A good time was had by all as folks explored the Human Potential Campus under sunny skies.
- Throughout 2004, Archives founder SMiles Lewis promoted SAI’s lending library on weekly local radio programs including the Thursday edition of the KOOP Evening News (Thursdays from 5:30-6pm on 91.7fm), Liberated Space with Angela Keaton and Progressive Forum with Harry Ashburn.
- SMiles also promoted the Archives at events around the State including Texas’ two annual cryptozoological conferences, Chester Moore Jr.’s Southern Crypto Conference in Conroe and the Texas Bigfoot Research Conference in Jefferson.
As of the end of December 2004, the total Anomaly Archives collection numbered nearly 3,000 volumes representing the combined resources of the Scientific Anomaly Institute and its like-minded partner organizations the Austin Jung Society, Austin MUFON Chapter, and IONS Austin Community Group. Thousands of books, hundreds of magazines and audio lectures and an expanding collection of videos are available to the public, Archives lending library members and the members of the aforementioned partner groups.
The Anomaly Archives is home to a wide variety of rare archival materials across all the collections of our partner organizations. Because of the rarity of these materials, some collection are non-circulating or for in-house reference use only. Examples of these collections includes certain volumes within the Jung Society book collection, the Jung Society’s audio cassette lecture series, and specific examples of rare books and magazines in the Austin MUFON and Anomaly Archives collections at large.
Several large donations and collections were acquired in 2004 including:
- More books in the Jung Society collections
- Rare works acquired at Terri Goodridge’s estate sale
- Massive book donation from Mike Hanson
|EVENTS: Tuesday, January 11th – Austin IONS presents …
- “Sacred Sound“ with George Green at the Austin History Center (9th and Guadalupe) from 6:30 – 8:30 pm. Free Event.
Tuesday, January 25th – Consciousness Connections Club presents …
Tuesday, February 8th – Austin IONS and INACS presents …
Thursday, February 10th – Jung Society of Austin presents …
- “Spirits of the Rocks” – A film by Peter Ammann about the Kalahari Bushpeople in Africa and their ancient Rock Art. $15 Event for Non-Members.
- And just a quick reminder – this Anomaly Archives eNews update is free to the public and can be delivered directly to your email in box or viewed online at the websites of the Scientific Anomaly Institute’s Anomaly Archives.
- Anomaly Archives lending library members, besides having lending privileges for the entire collections (including those of partnered organizations) get first look at the quarterly printed issues of the Anomaly Archivist Newsletter before it’s posted online for the general public here:
Anomaly Archivist Newsletter <www.AnomalyArchives.org/docs/archivist/>
- Anomaly Archives lending library membershipis $20 a year or …
- Five Donated Books, or
- Five Volunteer Shifts (Shift = 4 hours), or
- $10 if you are already a member of a partnered organization, such as
- Austin Jung Society
- Austin MUFON (Mutual UFO Network)
- Human Potential Center
- Institute for Neuroscience And Consciousness Studies
- IONS Austin – Institute Of Noetic Science Community Group
- Download, Complete and Submit the SAI Application Form Here.