Source: Anomaly Archives eNews – January 31st, 2023 / Anomaly-NOW Wednesdays at 7pm CST, Rice University’s Impossible Archives Sequel, and so much more!
The Anomaly Archives Email Newsletter
January 31, 2023 – Austin, Texas
Greetings fellow Anomalists. Welcome to another edition of the Anomaly Archives eNews. As announced last week, Mark Jackson and I have resumed our weekly live anomalous news roundup show, Anomaly-NOW!
Tune-In to watch Anomaly-NOW! live via YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, or Twitch, Wednesday evenings at 7pm CST. Our Next live show is tomorrow, February 1st!
And checkout the details for Rice University’s second Impossible Archives event coming up in April and May of this year…
Archives of the Impossible II:
Transnationalism, Transdisciplinarity, Transcendence
In the meantime, check out the rest of the eNewsletter below!
SMiles Lewis / Founder
How about an official Anomaly Archives T-Shirt (black & white designs) with Logo for you or your family or a friend…
Support the Anomaly Archives – Buy Some Merch!
//PHENOMENOLOGY// Episode 1. Dancing Lights
“An international team of unidentified anomalous phenomena (UAP) investigators explores the Colombian Andes seeking solutions for the “Dancing Lights” of La Peña de Juaica.
Similar anomalous lights to those recorded in Norway’s Hessdalen Valley are witnessed between the Colombian villages of Tenjo and Tabio, about 45 kilometres (28 miles) north of Bogotá. Indigenous Muiscas knew the spectacular hill La Peña de Juaica as “The Door of the Gods” and local traditions maintain that it was baptized in 1608 AD as “The Hill of Dancing Lights” after colonists reported fast-moving multi-coloured lights in the air around its summit.
While the dancing lights of Colombia are similar to the Hessdalen Valley light phenomena, they are much older. Over the last 400 years the phenomenon has been called: El Encanto (The Charm), Mohan and Mohana (Indigenous spirits), Quicuyo (Black Worm) and Balón de Oro (Golden Ball). However, over the last sixty years the lights have most often been reported as ‘OVNIs’ (UFOs).
Season 1 Features:
- Ashley Cowie – History Fuzz
- Vinnie Adams – Disclosure Team
- Dan Zetterstrom – That UFO Podcast
- Walter Payne – Space Analyst – U.A.V. Pilot
- Lydia Romer – Attorney and Judge
- Jeshuran Rajasingham – Analyst
- Natalia Reyes Escobar – Producer
- Natalia Castellanos – Field Producer
- Julio Fuentes – Security and Transport
Watch Season 1: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/phenomenology. Episode 1 is FREE and you can rent the following 9 episodes for a year.”
Historical Precedents, Moral Objections, New Realities
by Jeffrey J. Kripal
“A bold challenge to rethink the humanities as intimately connected to the superhuman and to “decolonize reality itself.”
What would happen if we reimagined the humanities as the superhumanities? If we acknowledged and celebrated the undercurrent of the fantastic within our humanistic disciplines, entirely new cultural worlds and meanings would become possible. That is Jeffrey J. Kripal’s vision for the future—to revive the suppressed dimension of the superhumanities, which consists of rare but real altered states of knowledge that have driven the creative processes of many of our most revered authors, artists, and activists. In Kripal’s telling, the history of the humanities is filled with precognitive dreams, evolving superhumans, and doubled selves. The basic idea of the superhuman, for Kripal, is at the core of who and what the human species has tried to become over millennia and around the planet.
After diagnosing the basic malaise of the humanities—that the truth must be depressing—Kripal shows how it can all be done differently. He argues that we have to decolonize reality itself if we are going to take human diversity seriously. Toward this pluralist end, he engages psychoanalytic, Black critical, feminist, postcolonial, queer, and ecocritical theory. He works through objections to the superhumanities while also recognizing the new realities represented by the contemporary sciences. In doing so, he tries to move beyond naysaying practices of critique toward a future that can embrace those critiques within a more holistic view—a view that recognizes the human being as both a social-political animal as well as an evolved cosmic species that understands and experiences itself as something super.”
Anomaly News Headlines
- Archives of the Impossible II: Transnationalism, Transdisciplinarity, Transcendence
- Elon Musk thought to be responsible for mysterious ‘whirlpool’ in night sky
- Vast Maya Kingdom Is Revealed in Guatemalan Jungle
- We’ve Lost the Plot
- Neil Turok on the case for a parallel universe going backwards in time
- Scientists Worried Humankind Will Descend Into Chaos After Discovering Alien Signal
- Astronauts, Historians, Scientists, and Officials Convene to Discuss Stigmas Surrounding UAP
- The MADAR Project –
- A New Gnosis: Comic Books, Comparative Mythology, and Depth Psychology – Book Launch with Jeffrey Kripal, Yvonne Chireau, David Odorisio and Amy Slonaker — Morbid Anatomy
- Art As Psi, Radionic Art and A Question of Organizing Principles.
- UFO? Strange clouds spotted Thursday over Central Texas
- Memorial Plaque Honoring Art Bell Unveiled at Park in Pahrump, Nevada | Coast to Coast AM
- 2022 Outstanding Career Award: Stephen E. Braude
- $100,000 Research Prize – IONS
- Mammoth Tusks in the East River? How Joe Rogan Started a ‘Bone Rush.’
- Hearing Voices? You’re Not the Only One
- Waking Up in the Dream: An Interview with Andrew Holecek
- Finding transcendence in a secular world
- Homo naledi
- Eerie flying spiral spotted by Mauna Kea telescope
- WEAPONIZED podcast with Jeremy Corbell & George Knapp
- The Mosul Orb : A Military Filmed UFO In An Active War Zone
- Mutants and Mystics: Science Fiction, Superhero Comics, and the Paranormal: A Live, Online Class and Reading Group Led by Historian of Religions and Author Jeffrey J. Kripal, Beginning January 29 — Morbid Anatomy
- Before book-banning wave, the FBI spied on people’s library activity
- Ancient Fish Classified as ‘Living Fossil’ Helps Researchers Understand Mechanics of Stem Cells
- Watch Free TV & Movies Online | Stream Full Length Videos | Tubi
- Bugs Bunny: The Trickster, American Style
Check out more news links at the
[NOTE: Inclusion of news & event info is purely informational
and does not indicate endorsement.]