Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 4/16/18
The Anomaly Archives Weekly Email Newsletter
That’s it for this edition of the eNews editorial.
Big Announcements Coming Soon about our Grand Re-Opening Event & Launch of our New OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog).
. . .
On to the 2016 FLAHSBACK…
Successful anomalous events organized by and/or featuring friends and acquaintances have recently occurred across North America – sadly, I wasn’t able to attend any of them. These ranged from the Cryptozoological Dogman Symposium organized by Ken Gerhard (and featuring Nick Redfern, Lyle Blackburn and others) to the East Coast Paracon (featuring friends Greg Bishop, Paul Kimball, Aaron Gulyas, Tim Binnall, and others) and down here in Texas, the Edinburg “Out of this World” UFO Festival (organized by Noe Torres and featuring David Hatcher Childress, Nick Redfern, Ben Hansen, Lynne Kitei, and Stephen Andrasko).
Sadly, the field of UFO inquiry has lost another great seeker… Errol Bruce-Knapp. Many in the field of (what passes for) UFO “research” won’t know who he is but they should. I came to know of him through his moderation of one of the oldest and most important UFO email lists, UFO UpDates (Archives 1996-2013). You can learn more about him (including his involvement in off-shore Pirate Radio DJ years) and his important contributions facilitating communication and hosting a community of UFO truth seekers by listening to these interviews here (on the Spectrum Radio Network), and here (with fellow Canadian Paul Kimball). He hosted several terrestrial radio shows and transitioned to internet streaming and podcasting his Strange Days… Indeed(and Mind Shift) programs. I was honored to be a guest on his show back on September 11th, 2007 (MP3). Good luck finding all of his wonderful interviews of some of the best UFO researchers. Here you can listen to him talk with legendary Area-51 researcher Glen Campbell(MP3), who hosted Errol’s UFO UpDates list site (and maintains the Archives).
“It’s alive… ALIVE!!” Austin Mufon has been resurrected as MUFON-ATX.
A couple of weeks ago I was surprised to learn that the local MUFON (Mutual UFO Network) chapter had been re-launched and begun monthly meetings held way up in the furthest reaches of North West Austin. I was involved in Austin Mufon from about 1990 until 2012 when its chain of leadership was finally broken. I led the group from about 1999 – 2002.
Above: Robert Powell “shares about cases from Georgia, England, Utah, Iowa, New York, and Canada as well as information on the process of UFO investigations.”
I was excited to learn of these new monthly meetings and attended the second such meeting held on July 31st. The meetings are at 7pm on the last Sunday of each month at Palm Beach Vapors. July’s meeting featured Austinite and Mufon’s Director of Research / Founder & Leader of Mufon’s Science Review Board. Also present were Texas Mufon leaders Steve Hudgeons (Director of Investigations & former State Director of Texas) and Teresa Turner (State Director of Texas – and State Section Director). There were about a dozen attendees from around Austin and outside the Central Texas metro area. The highlight of the meeting was getting a sneak peak of Robert Powell’s upcoming presentation for the annual Mufon Symposium 2016 – Orlando, FL – August 25th-28th whose theme is “UFOs From Our Oceans to Outer Space.” Robert’s presentation is MUFON’s Top 10 UFO Cases for 2015. You can watch this sneak preview thanks to another attendee I was glad to meet, Daniel Jones of the Vortexas Network, whom I’d briefly met a few months ago in Dallas at the ParaMania event.
For this installment of the Book-of-the-Week we feel it appropriate to highlight the aforementioned Robert Powell’s contribution to the printed knowledge-base of UFO history. Robert was kind enough to speak about that history to our Anomaly Archives audience in his Lecture in 2014 (Video).
. . .
Until next time…
Just a Journal Subscriber]
UFOs and GovernmentSponsored by the Anomaly Archives
Video – March 29, 2014
Previously featured in Anomaly Archives eNews 3/31/2017
Edited by Robbie Graham
IF YOU LIKE YOUR UFO LITERATURE TO CONFIRM WHAT YOU ALREADY ‘KNOW,’ THIS IS NOT THE BOOK FOR YOU!
Source: White Crow Books
Recently posted complete essay excerpts from contributors…
- Almost everything you think you know about flying saucers is wrong by Lorin Cutts / HighStrangenessShow.com
- Anarchy in the UFO by Red Pill Junkie (Miguel Romero) / DailyGrail.com
- In for a Penny, In for a Pound: Moving Ufology Beyond Materialism – Joshua Cutchin / Weird Words & Brass Beats
Featuring essays by:
- MJ Banias – Terra Obscura – Where Theory and High Strangeness Meet
- Greg Bishop – The Excluded Middle & Radio Misterioso – In-depth conversations on the paranormal alternating with weird music
- Robert Brandstetter – TEDxYouth@Mississuga (Video)
- Jack Brewer – The UFO Trail & The Greys Have Been Framed
- Mike Clelland – Hidden Experience & Mike Clelland.com
- Curt Collins – Blue Blurry Lines
- Joshua Cutchin – Joshua Cutchin.com – Weird Words & Brass Beats
- Lorin Cutts – High Strangeness Radio Show
- Susan Demeter-St. Clair – Out Of My Mind’s Eye – SusanStClair.com
- Micah Hanks – Micah Hanks.com & The Gralien Report – The Future Is Now
- SMiles Lewis – SMiles Lewis.com / Anomaly Archives / Anomaly Radio
- Red Pill Junkie – The Daily Grail / Red Pill Junkie (fb) / @red_pill_junkie
- Chris Rutkowski – Ufology Research
- Ryan Sprague – Ryan Sprague.com & Somewhere in the skies.com
- Foreword by Diana Walsh Pasulka – Professor and Chair of the Department of Philosophy and Religion, University of North Carolina & author of Heaven Can Wait from Oxford University Press
- Edited by Robbie Graham – Silver Screen Saucers: Sorting Fact from Fantasy in Hollywood’s UFO Movies
Cargo Culture Dispatch – April 2018
Recently there have been a number of examples of local Austin advertisers utilizing paranormal / UFO imagery for promotional campaigns; from alien-themed dance parties, to UFO-themed comedy festivals to cryptozoological themes using the Jersey Devil lore to market pizza and current-event political news flashbacks to economics conferences of 2017.
Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 4/16/18