Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 5/10/2016
The Anomaly Archives Weekly Email Newsletter
May 10th, 2016 – Welcome to another edition of our weekly eNews.
This week we’ve got some quick links to portions of one of my favorite musical documentaries: Caribbean Nights: The Bob Marley Story (1982). I saw this documentary on television when I was in high school and have remembered it ever since. There were several memorable quotes from the film but there was one in particular that stuck with me all these years that I’d wondered about for a long time … that Bob was allegedly a clairvoyant. There’s not much out there about this but when I recently came across the entire unedited documentary online (the version I had seen was taped off of television and had a lot of material cut out) I finally saw a little bit more about his supposed psychic abilities. In one of the excised clips his mother mentions that he had been a palm-reader but gave it up for singing. Whether you were a fan of his music or not, Bob left a lasting impression on the world-stage, and some believe he was murdered because of his influence on the masses.
For this week’s Book-of-the-Week … Ragnarok: The Age of Fire and Gravel by Minnesota politician Ignatius L. Donnelly published in 1883. It is a companion to the more well-known work Atlantis: The Antediluvian World. Our copy is from the Bob Girard Collection. Just last week the man who made that donation happen, Tom Deuley, paid the Anomaly Archives a visit. We had a great time visiting with Tom and discussing the latest UFO sightings, MUFON, Bob Bigelow, and much more.
We have a slightly shorter list of Anomalous Headlines this week – but WOW – are they interesting! I particularly want to call your attention to the video of Robbie Graham’s 2014 lecture “UFOs, Hyperreality, and the Disclosure Myth” – especially the last 10 minutes!!! Also of import is the highly critical review by skeptic Robert Sheaffer of David Jacobs’ latest book.
Also, if you can make it – check out these amazing events…
- Sleep, Consciousness and Lucid Dreaming event happening at UT Austin this weekend that features (among others) lucid dreaming luminary Stephen LaBerge!
- Memory Matters, Thursday, May 12, 2016 at the Etter-Harbin Alumni Center (The Center for Learning & Memory at The University of Texas at Austin) clm.utexas.edu/memorymatters/
- Global BEM Breakthrough Energy Movement Conference – May 28 & 29th, Bastrop (Greater Austin) TX-USA
See you next week!
SMiles Lewis / Founder
“He was known as a serious child
and had a reputation for clairvoyance”
- Bob the psychic? – JamaicaObserver.com by Basil Walters, February 18, 2013
- Caribbean Nights: The Bob Marley Story (1982) – IMDb
- YouTube (about 7:40 mark)
- DailyMotion (about 7:40 mark)
- Caribbean Nights: The Bob Marley Story (1982)
- PsiOp Radio 8/30/2009 (Parts Five & Six) – Mack White and SMiles Lewis discuss theories concerning the death of Bob Marley and music industry deaths.
Book of the Week…
Ragnarok: The Age of Fire and Gravel
by Ignatius L. Donnelly (1883)
In Ragnarok, Donnelly argues that an enormous comet hit the earth 12,000 years ago, resulting in widespread fires, floods, poisonous gases, and unusually vicious and prolonged winters. The catastrophe destroyed a more advanced civilization, forcing its terrified population to seek shelter in caves. As cave-dwellers, they lose all knowledge of art, literature, music, philosophy, and engineering.
He cites as evidence 900-foot-deep cracks radiating out from the Great Lakes, and stretching for many miles away. He admits it has been proposed that ice-sheets caused these cracks, but suggests that this explanation is improbable, likening them instead to ‘cracks in a window which has been struck with a stone.’ If ice sheets could produce such cracks, he asks, why haven’t similar cracks been found anywhere else on the globe? He adds to this a discussion of surface rocks in New York City, which seem to have undergone a radical chemical change—the feldspar has been converted into slate and the mica has separated out from the iron, as if they had undergone tremendous heat and pressure, as they likely would in the event that a comet struck the earth. He rules out other theories that could have caused this, such as nitric acid and warm rains, by pointing out that this is an isolated incident, whereas warm rains can occur at any time and place and there’s no archaeological evidence for the nitric acid’s origins.
He points out many legends and myths from various cultures, such as Zoroastrian, Pictish, Hindu, and Ancient Greece, that are all suggestive of a comet striking the earth, the earth catching fire, poisonous gases choking people, and floods and tidal waves swamping large areas. He also points out early culture’s tendency to heliotheism, which evolved from an insane gratitude to the Sun, after so many horrific days without it.
- Ragnarok: The Age of Fire and Gravel – Wikipedia
- Ragnarok: The Age of Fire and Gravel Index – Internet Sacred Text Archive
- Ragnarok: the age of fire and gravel – Internet Archive
- [PDF] Ragnarok: the age of fire and gravel – Facsimile Books – Fax.libs.uga.edu
- Ragnarok, Age of Fire and Gravel, by Ignatius L. Donnelly – Book Review Channel (YouTube)
Here are some headlines of note for this week:
- FLASHBACK: Robbie Graham – UFOs, Hyperreality, and the Disclosure Myth – Copenhagen 2014 (Video) – Exopolitics Denmark
- Prince ‘lifesaving mission’ turned tragic for doctor’s son – Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- 75-Year-Old Farmer Plow’s Prince’s Symbol Into Corn Field (Video) – NBCnews.com
- Move over, Roswell. Dulce is home to true UFO believers – Daniel J. Chacón, The New Mexican
- Were neon green orbs hovering above Santa Fe a UFO? – Staci Matlock, The New Mexican
- Hillary Clinton, the First ‘E.T. Candidate,’ Has U.F.O. Fans in Thrall – Amy Chozick, NYTimes
- Invasion of the Pod People – My review of David Jacobs’ new book “Walking Among Us” – Robert Sheaffer, BadUFOs
- Have you ever heard of DISCAP? Anders Liljegren, AFU.se
- The Case of the Exploding Bookcase: Jung, Freud and their Parapsychological Feuds – Red Pill Junkie, Mysterious Universe
- Out-of-Body Experiences and Physical Activity – Carlos S. Alvarado, PhD
- iTF Episode 32 – Expanded Perspectives (Podcast) – Into The Fray Radio
- FLASHBACK: Bigfoot: an historico-ecologico-anthropoidologico-archetypal study of the creature and its believers – Tim Cahill, May 10, 1973, Rolling Stone
- LSD, Hookers, Hit Men, and the Top Levels of the CIA: How MK-ULTRA, LSD and Cold War Paranoia Exposed the Deep Politics of the 50s and 60s. (Podcast / Video) – Jeff Schechtman, WhoWhatWhy.org
- 80 deaths in 3 months in ‘suicide village’ – Badi Karishma Kotwal, TNN, Times of India / IndiaTimes.com
- The Mystery of the Dead Hollywood Screenwriter Whose Hands Were Never Found – Thomas Gane, Vice.com
- ‘WarGames’ and Cybersecurity’s Debt to a Hollywood Hack – Fred Kaplan, NYTimes.com
- Undersea Lake in Gulf of Mexico Kills Everything It Touches – Paul Seaburn, Mysterious Universe
- Quebec teen discovers ancient Mayan ruins by studying the stars – Lia Grainger, The Daily Buzz
- Unearthed Ancient Text Sheds Light on Lost Culture – Brett Tingley, Mysterious Universe
- FLASHBACK 2015: Nuclear Chemist Publishes Groundbreaking Paper With Details About: “Aluminum Poisoning Of Humanity Via Geoengineering” – Arjun Walia, Collective-Evolution.com
- FLASHBACK: The ‘Conspiracy’ Against Michael Aquino – Anthony Forwood, Exposing Infragard
- A Short History of Psychological Terror (Video) – University of California Television (UCTV)
[NOTE: Inclusion of news & event info is purely informational
and does not indicate endorsement.]
Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 5/10/2016