Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 4/18/2016
The Anomaly Archives Weekly Email Newsletter
April 18th, 2016 – Another week and another wave of classic-era UFO writers “crossing over”… first we got word of MIB / Men-In-Black mythos creator Albert Bender passing and then came notice of Trevor James (UFOs as Amoeboid Space Critters) Constable having passed as well.
[EDIT: This morning as I’m preparing to send out this issue I get word from Loren Coleman that he just got word that UFOlogist Robert Hall (brother of deceased UFO researcher Richard Hall) apparently passed away back in 2013.]
Trevor Constable’s ideas about UFOs as living creatures have always been appealing to me; though this fascination has not translated for me to modern “Rod” & “Orb” photography phenomena. Back in the Fall of 1998 I reprinted and linked to some other writers speculating along these same lines; two articles by Andrew Gaze from Jim Kieth’s Dharma Combat zine as well as an exploration of the idea by a then modern software developer. See links at the end of this week’s Book-Of-The-Week section.
Bruce Naylor on the Evolution of Science & Religion
April 19, 2016, 6:30–9 p.m.
INACS Nerve Center (directions)
12593 Research Blvd., Suite 302, Austin, Texas 78759
RSVP at the Consciousness Connections Meetup so they can accommodate all attendees. Open to the public. $5 non-member donation appreciated.
“Science and religion are considered the two great schemas for understanding existence. We will be exploring how science provides a “naturalistic” understanding of the universe, and how religion can be recast from the naturalistic perspective.
We will begin with the social brain, exploring how being a social animal shaped the evolution of our brains, and how religion evolved as part of this process. We’ll continue with its connection to group selection in evolution. The initial focus will be on hierarchical social structures and how warfare could be intertwined with religion and tribal thinking in general, through group selection.
Bruce Naylor holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science and has worked for over 30 years in the field of gaming technology. He previously taught at Georgia Tech, UT Austin, and Rutgers. Dr. Naylor spent 10 years at AT&T Bell Labs Research and invented Game Engine Technology used in many games, including DOOM, Quake, Half-Life, and Call of Duty. He has also started game and simulation technology companies. Bruce has many interests in science, foremost being the Science of the Brain.”
We are still in the midst of our Annual Membership Drive! Please consider supporting us by becoming a sustaining member: follow the links below to sign-up for the annually self-renewing membership via PayPal.
See you next week!
SMiles Lewis / Founder
Book of the Week…
Cosmic Pulse of Life:
The Revolutionary Biological Power Behind Ufo’s
by Trevor James Constable
“This book presents evidence that UFOs are mainly invisible and consist of both physical craft and living, biological creatures. The author convincingly shows that our atmosphere is the home of huge, invisible living organisms that are sometimes confused with spacecraft when they became visible. Mr. Constable has photographed both types of UFOs with special infrared film, some of which are reproduced in this expanded and updated edition. Despite his bold leap into the future, the general public and official ufology have a hard time accepting the evidence. In recent years teams of engineers and technicians in both Italy and Romania, unaware of Constable’s earlier discoveries, obtained virtually identical infrared photos of UFOs, which were published in Italy. In 1996, NASA used ultraviolet-sensitive videotape to record swarms of invisible UFOs that looked like Constable’s earlier photos. Examples from these photos are also contained in this book. Also covered are earlier pioneers into important life energies that play a big role in this research, including Wilhelm Reich, Rudolf Steiner, and Dr. Ruth B. Drown. This is an important book, recommended for those interested in the higher realms of our physical reality.”
- “Flying Persinger Helmets“- Hallucinogenic Hypno-Vision and the Plasmatic Cells of Gaia by Andrew Gaze
- Unidentified Flying Amoeba by Andrew Gaze
- Flying Saucers Explained by John Walker of AUTODESK fame
- Space Animal Theory (of UFOs) by Ronald D. Story, from UFOs and the Limits of Science circa 1981
Here are some headlines of note for this week:
- Radar operators say UFO travelled 120 miles in 8 SECONDS in Britain’s famed close encounter – Mirror.co.uk
- The Man Who First Saw “The Men in Black” Dies – Loren Coleman
- Albert Bender RIP – Nick Redfern
- Albert Bender Dies – MIB and UFOs – Nick Redfern
- Trevor James Constable’s Obituary – Daily Breeze
- “Space Critters” Ufologist Trevor James Constable Has Died – Loren Coleman
- UFO Sociologist Robert L. Hall, Brother of Ufologist Richard, Died in 2013 – Loren Coleman
- Distortion Theory – Jose Antonio Caravaca, UFO Phenomenon Decoded
- When UFOs Go Rogue in Hollywood – Robbie Graham
- Admission Of Malmstrom Missile Shutdown Incident In Kirtland Air Force Base Trip Notes? – Paul Dean, UFOs-Documenting-the-Evidence
- Travis Walton Fire in the Sky (Video) – 2016 Aurora Alien Encounter
- When the Martians Visited Gettysburg – Blog of Gettysburg National Military Park
- Heaven’s Gate Bunch – Alfred Lehmberg, AlienViews
- Transmissions From Outside of Time Kindle Edition – SciFI by Thad McKraken
- A Giant Galaxy Orbiting Our Own Just Appeared Out of Nowhere – Ria Misra, Gizmodo
- Malaysian school hit by ‘mass hysteria’ still closed, but journalists hear screams from the classrooms – StraitsTimes.com
- New ‘Time Slice’ Theory Suggests You’re Not as Conscious as You Think You Are – George Dvorsky, Gizmodo.com
- Johns Hopkins Study Finds Psilocybin’s Ideal Dose For Long-Term Positive Effects – Alternative World News Network – Minds.com
- Austin Film Society Screening: The Color of Pomegranates Directed by Sergei Parajanov. Soviet Union, 1969, DCP, 79 min
- Review: Monsters in America: Our Historical Obsession with the Hideous and the Haunting by W. Scott Poole – Reviewed by Aaron John Gulyas in Nova Religio: The Journal of Alternative and Emergent Religions Vol. 19 No. 3, February 2016
- Boggy Creek Monster Bigfoot doc begins production – April Snellings, Rue-Morgue.com
- Bigfoot, UFOs and the Bionic Man – Nick Redfern
- The Quest for the Ivory-billed Woodpecker Heads to Cuba – Audubon.org
- Three new primate species discovered in Madagascar – ScienceDaily.com
- Unraveling the Orchid Mantis Mystery – Julie Leibach, ScienceFriday.com
- One of the strangest ghost ship tales on record: It sailed the seas, unmanned for 38 years! – TheVintageNews.com
- Slenderman in the 1800s – Paranormal-101.com
- Japanese city covered in mysterious foam after earthquake – Independent.co.uk
- Flashback: Meet the ‘Tulpamancers’: The Internet’s Newest Subculture Is Incredibly Weird – Nathan Thompson, Vice.comhttp://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/japan-fukuoka-covered-in-mystery-foam-bubbles-after-earthquake-a6987216.html
- The Librarian Who Saved Timbuktu’s Cultural Treasures From al Qaeda – WSJ.com
- The Malibu Dream Home of Visionary Artist Leigh McCloskey – EvolveAndAscend.com
- The Incredible Occult Illustrations of Alphonse Mucha – UltraCulture.org
- The Bolsheviks’ Occult War – Translated via EspionageHistoryArchive.com
- Jean-Michel Jarre records with Edward Snowden – after the Guardian brings them together – TheGuardian.com
- Dutch Designers Just Launched an Anti-Surveillance Coat – Vice.com
- When the CIA ran a LSD sex-house in San Francisco – Gary Kamiya, SFchronicle.com
- The Problem with the Pentagon’s Hypersonic Missile – DefenseOne.com
See also… other spotlighted news & event links below!
[NOTE: Inclusion of news & event info is purely informational
and does not indicate endorsement.]
If you like the Anomaly News Links we share with you in this newsletter each week then consider following / subscribing to our own online Flipboard magazine by going here.
Anomaly Archives on Social Media – Follow our social media web presences via Facebook, Flipboard, GoodReads, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitter, YouTube, and more. Help us spread the word far and wide about the Anomaly Archives using your own social media accounts. You can find links to our various social media accounts at our website and by using the links at the top of this newsletter, underneath the main banner. You can also help spread the word by forwarding this newsletter to friends or your social media contacts using the links at the bottom of this newsletter.
Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 4/18/2016