ANOMALY ARCHIVES eNEWSLETTER – August 2013
Greetings fellow Anomalists!
The Anomaly Archives holds monthly meetings (usually) on the Fourth Saturday of each month. Our next meeting is Saturday, September 28th. The meetings are FREE and held from 1-4pm at the INACS / Anomaly Archives headquarters located in North West Austin, just past the intersections of Research and Technology Boulevards (see end of page for detailed directions):
12593 Research Blvd., Suite 302,
Austin, Texas 78759
Please make plans to attend next month’s Anomaly Archives Meeting at the SAI – Anomaly Archives / INACS “Mind Quarters” … we look forward to meeting and talking with all of you!
– SMiles Lewis
Founder & President
UpComing AusTex Events
- COMING SOON: Free Lecture Tuesday, November, 19th, 2013 on UFOs & OBEs
- Austin Mufon Meeting – More Meetings Coming Soon?
- INACS Consciousness Connections monthly meetings – www.INACS.org
- Austin IONS monthly meetings – www.IonsAustin.org
- “NEWFUN / Son of Mufon” meetings – Contact Catherine Wiedmann
Anomaly Archives July 27th, 2013 Meeting Review
On Saturday, August 24th, over a dozen Anomalists met at the Anomaly Archives lending library. After extended introductions for the benefit of first-time attendees, we had several good discussions on a wide variety of topics including:
- Reflected on the Stephenville / Bush Crawford Ranch UFO flap and SightingsReport.com’s video compilation of radar and witness data:
Via the Anomalist.com …
… meanwhile, Harold Daniel at UFO Sightings Report presents a whole new way to analyze radar data captured during UFO sightings and gives us an impressive example of New Stephenville, Texas, UFO radar data video:
Video of radar data during the January 8, 2008, UFO incident in the Stephenville, Texas, area. This video superimposes a map under the radar animation and provides annotations to show witness locations and the unknown tracks on radar.
The radar analysis and information shown is from “Stephenville Lights: A Comprehensive Radar and Witness Report Study” by Glen Schulze and Robert Powell. Please refer to the report for details of the witness reports and analysis:
Radar animation provided by Rob Jeffs and RADARplot as seen here:
Law enforcement witness illustrations courtesy of StephenvilleLights.com.
For more information, visit the Stephenville Lights Information Page: www.SightingsReport.com
Among some of the anecdotes mentioned while discussing the Stephenville sightings were alleged stories of bales of hay having been upended, and the idea that Putin was given a ride by Bush on a UFO while at the Crawford Ranch. Interestingly, there was a possible Turkish April Fool’s media story the year before the 2008 Stephenville UFO flap:
CRAWFORD, MOSCOW – U.S. President George Walker Bush said Saturday that he had a “subtle deja vu dream“ of Russian President Vladimir Putin emerging in front of an UFO.
Chatting with reporters in his Crawford-Texas ranch, he exuberantly narrated his nearly fourteen-second dream.
“Yeah fellas, he (Putin) was commander cosmonaut of his UFO ship. He landed in our ranch. When I was approaching to greet him in front of his Soviet-made hatch-door, I suddenly woke up. I am still so sad that I hadn`t chance to see the rest of this miraculous dream“, Bush said.
“The weirdest thing in this dream is that this was also a pure deja vu for me. But as my mind is busy with hubble-bubble in world politics, this also seemed to me a jamais vu“, Bush told reporters.
“I directly called Mr. Putin through hot-line today and spoke with him in Kremlin, he was quite surprised and thanked for it.“
Meanwhile in Kremlin, President Putin told Russian media that “The only human being that can come out of an UFO would be President Bush and not himself.“
Refusing to elaborate further on Bush`s dream, Putin said “I`m only interested in the hard-rock group UFO`s songs.“
Sunday, April 01, 2007 www.turkishpress.com/news.asp?id=169314
We also talked about news of Google’s Project Loon being responsible for Kentucky UFO sightings:
- Another UFO case solved by Project Loon
- Solved: Multiple Daytime UFO Reports in Kentucky and West Virginia
Mystery behind Kentucky UFO revealed DNA India
Check out these other recent UFO sightings coverage and analysis by Austin’s SIghtingsReport.com:
Some of the other topics and activities at the meeting…
AREA-51: declassification media hype versus long-known info within the ufo community
CIA Gets UFOs Wrong in Area 51 Document Open Minds
- Government Finally Acknowledges Existence of Area 51
- Jan Harzan- President of MUFON- discussing Ben Rich
- Harzan recalls lecture in 2nd hour- first hour he describes he and his brothers’ ET experience
We also talked about these topics briefly…
- NASA’s Warp Ships? NASA discusses its warp drive research, prepares to create a warp bubble in the lab
- Watched brief overview of the UFO Conference – Contact In The Desert (Video) happening now in Joshua Tree, California
- Listened to audio of the famous Edgar Mitchell UFO interview on Kerrang Radio 23 july 2008
- Michael Menkin’s StopAdbuctions.com helmet for stopping alien abductions
- Anne Druffel’s How to Defend Yourself Against Alien Abduction research which appears to show appealing to prayer & Jesus helps
- Origins of the “Tin-Foil-Hat” meme as possible deliberate smear campaign like “Conspiracy Theorist,” “Black Helilcopter Crowd,” and “UFO Buffs” – mentioned the 2005 MIT hoax article “On the Effectiveness of Aluminium Foil Helmets: An Empirical Study”
“The concept was mentioned in a science fiction short story by Julian Huxley, “The Tissue-Culture King”, first published in 1927, in which the protagonist discovers that “caps of metal foil” can be used to block the effects of telepathy.“
We also talked about the cyclic discussions by certain political factions stressing the dangers of terrorists using EMP (ElectroMagnetic Pulse) weapon effects to attack the United States. We discussed both the fictional and real issues surrounding such extreme electromagnetic events while referencing many of the following news sources and videos:
When Fringe / Frontier Science Headlines Turn ParaPolitical
FLASHBACKS… Nuclear Blowback
- Electropulse weapon fear spreads to UK politicos: Civilisation threatened by bombs over the Atlantic
By Chris Williams / 24th July 2009
- The Electromagnetic Threat – by Jamie Glazov
frontpagemag.com/2009/11/10/the- … ie-glazov/
- New Warnings On EMP Threat by George Hulme, Sep 10, 2009
informationweek.com/blog/mai … gs_on.html
- One Second After by William R. Forstchen
- Flashback: Afterworld (2007 TV Series)
- Flashback: Mystery Disease Linked to Missing Israeli Scientist (… Los Angeles before his car’s engine was reportedly knocked out by an electromagnetic pulse. Moshe refused to exit his car when ordered several times by the police, and after the …)
- Cannon-fired shock wave could stun, kill people
- Eureka’s EMP cannon destined for the Marines? (video)
http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/20/eure … nes-video/
- Silicon-based shielding may protect military electronics from EMP By John McHale
http://www.militaryaerospace.com/index/ … m-emp.html
- Washington Secrets – Lights out: House plan would protect nation’s electricity from solar flare, nuclear bomb
BY: PAUL BEDARD JUNE 17, 2013
http://washingtonexaminer.com/lights-ou … le/2532038
- TGFs: Shuttle Mission Update; Gamma Rays In T Storms?
http://www.accuweather.com/mt-news-blog … storms.asp
- Are TGFs Hazardous To Air Travelers?
http://www.redorbit.com/news/space/1821 … travelers/
- EMP Primitivism (Remix) ft. Starfish Prime
- Operation Dominic I and II – Starfish Prime Part 2 1962 (Video)
Starfish Prime was a high-altitude nuclear test conducted by the United States of America on July 9, 1962, a joint effort of the Defense Atomic Support Agency (DASA) and the Atomic Energy Commission (AEC). Launched via a Thor rocket and carrying a W49 thermonuclear warhead (manufactured by Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory) and a Mk. 4 reentry vehicle, the explosion took place 400 kilometers (250 miles) above Johnston Island in the Pacific Ocean. It was part of Operation Dominic. With the test taking place in such a high altitude, it was one of the five tests conducted by the USA in outer space as defined by the FAI. It produced a yield of 1.4 megatons of TNT.
Starfish Prime – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia – Starfish Prime caused an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) which was far larger than expected, so much larger that it drove much of the instrumentation off scale, … Operation Fishbowl – Explosion – Aftereffects – Resulting scientific discoveries
Electromagnetic pulse – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia – For nuclear EMP weapons, see Nuclear electromagnetic pulse … Electromagnetic pulse is commonly abbreviated EMP and pronounced by saying the letters .. Electromagnetic pulse in … – Explosively pumped flux – Marx generator
The 50th anniversary of Starfish Prime: the nuke that shook the world – Jul 9, 2012 – The EMP had been predicted by scientists, but the Starfish Prime pulse was far larger than expected. And there was another effect that hadn’t …
Electromagnetic Pulse – Nuclear EMP – futurescience.com – In a phenomenon unrelated to the EMP, the radiation cloud from the Starfish Prime test subsequently destroyed at least 5 United States satellites and one Soviet …
Talk of electromagnetics led to discussion of the many and varied alleged negative health effects of electrical energy, cell phones, wifi, and other modern telecommunications technologies:
- High EMF readings spark health concerns near a playground in UK
- Google’s Project Loon efforts at using blimps / balloons to spread wifi signals to rural areas & causing UFO sightings simultaneously
- Building biology (or Baubiologie as it was coined in Germany) is a field of building science investigating the indoor living environment for a variety of irritants
- Dr. George Carlo EMF Cell Phone Dangers Interview (Video)
- Dr. George Carlo speaks on Wi-Fi Radiation in Schools
- Biophotonics – Wikipedia: On the macroscopic scale, the light is diffuse and applications commonly deal … the field of Biophotonics, giving scientists the chance to investigate sub-cellular …
- Introduction & Basics — NSF Center for Biophotonics: Biophotonics can be defined simply as the study of the interaction of light with … has extended into the regime of cellular and molecular structure and function.
- The Light of Life – Biophotonics PDF by YIP Maricela – The coherent property of this biophotonic field is thus an ability, … organisms emit light at a steady rate from a few photons per cell per day to several.
- Williamson County residents defeated attempts at implementing smart meters?
More Central Texas homes fitted with ‘smart meters‘ – YNN by Chie Saito (Video 5/13/10)
Installation of new ‘smart meters’ continues in communities across Central Texas, including Williamson County.
More ElectroMagnetic MindBody Research
- BIBLIOGRAPHY ON THE PSYCHOACTIVITY OF ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS by Robert C. Beck and Eldon A. Byrd
- THE CYCLES OF HEAVEN: Cosmic Forces and What They are Doing to You by Guy-Lyon Playfair (met briefly in London in 1999)
- Bioelectromagnetics · Bioelectromagnetics Discussion Group
This is a forum for scientists and non-scientists alike to share their views on the science of bioelectromagnetics, which is the scientific study of the interaction of electromagnetic energy (at frequencies ranging from zero hertz through those of visible light) and acoustic energy with biological systems. [The image shows Silvanus P. Thompson attempting to electromagnetically stimulate his brain in 1910]
Mystery Booms and Hums
Also briefly alluded to during the meetings were those researchers focusing on the good and bad of various approaches to educational techniques such as those in the following Audio/Video clips:
- A Red Ice interview with Richard Grove : Learning vs Schooling
- Richard Grove /Tragedy and Hope interviewing John Taylor Gatto: The Ultimate History Lesson
- Jan Irvin/Gnostic Media interviewing Gene Odening; The Trivium and the Quadrivium (the 7 Liberal Arts)
- Charlotte Iserbyt on Veritas Radio http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH9jJgEpCuQ
Blog posts by Nick Redfern
Free Lecture Tuesday, November, 19th, 2013 on UFOs & OBEs
- Spirits of the Wildmen? Published on August 16, 2013
- Britain’s Big Cats and Princess Diana Published on August 19, 2013
- A British Roswell??? Published on August 19, 2013
- Monsters of… Reviewed Published on August 19, 2013
- Roswell: Underground Origins? Published on August 21, 2013
- Final Events & Monster Diary: Hardbacks Published on August 20, 2013
- The “Texas Chupacabras” – Not An “Unknown” Published on August 20, 2013
- New Books X 3 Published on August 20, 2013
- Flying Triangle UFOs? Not Ours… Published on August 23, 2013
- Death on Dartmoor… Published on August 22, 2013
Finally, here are even more news headlines from a broad spectrum of topics and sources…
- Jose Caravaca’s “Distortion Theory”
- Keeping up with Harris’ alien center
Roswell: The World Below Mysterious Universe by Nick Redfern
- UFO report to Open Minds about video on the “Today Show”
- Astronaut spots UFO outside space station (Video)
There’s Something in the River… Mysterious Universe by Nick Redfern
- Top Secret (at the time) 1947 document by Einstein and Oppenheimer on aliens and UFOs.
- Flight 564 UFO encounter (Audio / “Video”)
- UFO Iconoclasts discuss the accuracy of UFO reports
- Rendlesham Forest Incident The Telegraph
Hoaxes & Pranks
- What Qualifications are Required to be a Cryptozoologist? – Part 1 & Part 2 Mysterious Universe
- Jeff Meldrum announces offers a class to learn Bigfoot tracking.
- Quetzalcoatlus: The Evil, Pin-Headed, Toothy Nightmare Monster That Wants To Eat Your Soul Scientific American
- Britain’s Big Cats and Princess Diana by Nick Redfern
Paranormal / Ghosts / Hauntings
Is This A Ghost You Can See? This Is Essex
Mind Body News
How The Light Gets Out Aeon Magazine
- Hears Forgotten Songs
- Alex Jones interviews Marilu Henner: Total Recall Super Brain (Video)
Parapsychology, Anomalous Cognition, Psychic Spying, & More
- Family welcomes home 71-year-old Bill Ray from Afghanistan (Video)
- IRVA – Bill Ray – International Remote Viewing Association
- Coast to Coast AM : Bill Ray : Military Remote Viewing (Video)
- Hour-long documentary on the Commonalities of the Near Death Experience.
Forteana / Anomalistics
- Foal that looks like David Bowie
- Frog Falls, Heavenly Mirages & Great Balls Of Fire
- Stunning example of a paredolia illusion
Scientists Capture Rare Photographs of Red Lightning Smithsonian Magazine
- Corkscrew Contrail
Black Hole Analogue Discovered in South Atlantic Ocean Technology Review
- TVWHY: Russ Baker in St. Paul, Excerpt 1–Troublemakers by James Huang on Aug 10, 2013
- Excerpt “Only Troublemakers” (1min 55sec) Click here to view the video.
- Excerpt “Snowden” 3:19 Click here to view the video.
- Full Talk (1hr 5min): Click here to view the video.
- TVWHY: Russ Baker in St. Paul, Excerpt 1–Troublemakers – WhoWhatWhy.
- Concern with TTP
- Fukushima now in state of emergency, leaking 300 tons of radioactive water into the ocean daily
Hat tip to the Anomalist.com news wire.
Follow The Anomaly Archives
Interested in staying in the loop on all things related to the Anomaly Archives? You can subscribe to this newsletter in several ways:
- Subscribe to Blog via Email – Towards the top of the left-hand sidebar of the website is a place where you can input your email address and be subscribed to the website and get updates via email. You will get a confirmation email in which there will be a link for you to affirm that you want to subscribe.
- Send an Email to elists at anomalyarchives.org requesting to be subscribed to our hand-crafted e-list.
- Subscribe to our Yahoo Groups Announcement eList – You can subscribe to our yahoo based email announcement list by sending an email to: AnomalyArchivesemail@example.com or by going here groups.yahoo.com/group/AnomalyArchives/
- Follow us on Twitter – Go to our twitter presence here twitter.com/anomalyarchives
- Follow us on Facebook – Go to our facebook presence here facebook.com/pages/Anomaly-Archives/17710117086
- Austin Mufon Meeting – Coming Soon?
- INACS Consciousness Connections monthly meetings – www.INACS.org
- Austin IONS monthly meetings – www.IonsAustin.org
- Monthly “NEWFUN” meetings (formerly Austin Mufon) – Contact Catherine Wiedmann
– Anomaly Archives Needs Your Help
We need your help! The Anomaly Archives is always looking for new membership and needs your support both financially and as volunteers at the lending library and educational outreach events.
Contact us today!
- Austin IONS – www.IonsAustin.org
- INACS – www.INACS.org
- Austin MUFON – www.AustinMufon.org
- Jung Society of Austin – www.JungSociety.org
- American Creativity Association – Austin Chapter – AmCreativityAssoc.org/chapter-austin.htm
- Isis Institute of Women’s Studies – www.IsisAustin.org
- HPC – www.HumanPotentialCenter.org / Campus
DIRECTIONS to The Anomaly Archives
It’s a little tricky to find the first time, so here are the directions:
If you’re heading northwest on Research/183 from I-35, Mopac or 360, exit 183 at the Oak Knoll exit, pass through the light at Oak Knoll, and stay on the access road heading north. The next side street off the 183 access road will be Technology Blvd; do not turn on Technology. Immediately after you pass Technology, there will be a driveway on your right (the only one in that area) — Exit into that driveway. There will be a sign overhead for “Forest Plaza.” After you pull in, you’ll have no choice but to go to the left into Forest Plaza. Our building is the back left building within the complex — Suite 302. If you’re heading south on Research/183, you also exit at Oak Knoll, but take the u-turn just before you get to Oak Knoll, get over the right on the northbound access road, and prepare to make the right immediately after Technology Blvd. as in the directions above.
Anomaly Archives On-Line
We are indebted to INACS (Institute for Neuroscience And Consciousness Study) for allowing the Anomaly Archives lending library to reside within their office space. Each month they hold public meetings of their Board of Directors, and their Education & Research Committees. Therefore, there may be occasional months where we must shift / reschedule our monthly meetings to accommodate their priority use of the space.