Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 7/14/2016
The Anomaly Archives Weekly Email Newsletter
July 14th, 2016 – Austin, Texas
After my weeklong “staycation” it’s back to the grind of the ole day job. The week’s nearly over but between work and world events … well, it’s enough to drive a person to drink. Luckily enough, marketing gurus have seen the light and offer a bevy of beverages with some adult kick!
As I’ve mentioned before, the origins of my personal Cargo Culture Collection of weird UFO & Alien themed knick-knacks arises from Other People’s Compulsion to give such trinkets to me because of my lifelong UFO-Obsession (and membership in Anomaloholics Anonymous; the Anomaly Archives’ secret Double-AA-Entendre).
So it’s no surprise when a family member shows up with some Outer Space Vodka bottle shaped like the archetypal Big-Headed Black-Almond-Shape-Eyed Alien but with old-school Gaian Green Glass instead of the Dull Modernist Gray/Grey. So I make the best of the situation and combine it with some Bloody Revolution Bloody-Mary Mix and film it all in slow-motion! I’m not joking – check out the videos here: Outer Space (Alien Head) Vodka & Bloody Revolution Bloody-Mary Mix: Parts Zero, One, Two, Three, & Four
While yet again at the liquor store (I should own stock) I see a cool zine-scene-like newsletter with an early 1900s flair. The title and headline catch my eye:
the Unusual Times
– A Review Of All Things Unusual –
History’s Greatest Hoaxes
Apparently, the Hendrick’s Gin company have a whole “Society of the Unusual” marketing strategy. I wonder if it’s just the brainchild of the advertising firm or if there might be a core of actual Anomalist / Fortean / Zetetic interest somewhere at the heart of the company? Nah! Probably not.
BTW – This issue of the Anomaly Archives eNews has NOT been brought to you by any alcoholic beverage sponsorship – though we might be open to that.
Until next week… “May We Live In Unusual Times.” Cheers!
Oh yeah: Become a Member & Check Out the Anomaly Headlines below.
Above: Dan Aykroyd’s Crystal Head Vodka
Cargo CULTure: Alcoholic Beverages!
Advertising and Marketing folks have known for a long time the popularity of UFO & Paranormal topics, so its no surprise they would aim their weaponized propaganda cultural armaments at the adult beverage demographic.
- Harpoon Brewery’s UFO or “UnFiltered Offerring”
- Omission Beer
- Hendrick’s Gin Cashes-In with its Society of the Unusual
- Outer Space Vodka Within A Big-Headed Green Alien Bottle
- Abduction Wine – Cosmic Red / Galactic White
- Le Cigare Volant Wine
Know of any others? Send your information to the Anomaly Archives.
Cargo CULTure: Alcoholic Beverages
Please Drink Responsibly.
Here are some headlines of note for this week:
Archives and Book Culture
- Jacques Vallee Delivers Special Edition Wonders In The Sky Book to Dean Radin & IONS HQ (Photos)
- Jacques Vallee’s Wonders in the Sky IndieGoGo Crowdfunding Campaign! Wonders in the Sky: A Breakthrough in UFO Research … Melds beauty, science, art and scholarship. The new benchmark in UFO research.
- The J. Allen Hynek Center for UFO Studies (CUFOS) hosts a collection of “Early UFO Periodicals.” Of key interest to Jim Moseley mavens, the first ten issues of Saucer News are included, then known as “NEXUS” PDFs – JimMoseley.com
- Brave New Books is creating a better world by hosting events and selling amazing products – Patreon.com
- Download All 8 Issues of Dada, the Arts Journal That Publicized the Avant-Garde Movement a Century Ago (1917-21) – OpenCulture.com
- FLAHSBACK 2014: The 1950s Flying Saucer Conventions at an Underground Rock House – MessyNessyChic.com
- An Analysis: The Day After Disclosure, Richard Dolan, and Systems of Control – TerraObscura.net
- The Day After Disclosure: Richard Dolan’s Unexpected Twist On What’s Coming (Video) – EARTH MYSTERY NEWS – EMN
- Dulce, New Mexico is not about aliens…..it’s about humans and a lingering problem that has been kept from the public – Norio Hayakawa
- UFOs: Don’t Let Them Rule Your Life – Nick Redfern, Mysterious Universe
- ‘Hey MUFON…stick to flying saucers and spacemen!’ – PhantomsAndMonsters.com
- The “Recollections ” of Sonora Aero Club. The Intriguing collages of a retired butcher and a self taught artist from the 1920s – TheVintageNews.com
? ? ? ? ? ? ?
- DEADLY FORCE: ‘Snipers caught lurking’ by gates of mystery Area 51 to keep out intruders – John Austin, Express.co.uk
- Airplane with no call sign and only 5 days of flight history is circling Dallas right now even though Dallas has been given a no-fly zone – Reddit.com
- Legal Experts Raise Alarm over Shocking Use of ‘Killer Robot’ in Dallas – Nadia Prupis, CommonDreams.org
- Movie Theater Chain Seeks $700,000 From Victims Of Aurora Shooting – Claudia Koerner, BuzzFeed.com
- Cryptid Culture magazine #3, July 2016 – A collection of art, writing, and all things cryptid – Featuring Wakinyan and the Trickster by Steven Mizrach, In Search of Strange Beasts by Lyle Blackburn, Legend Tripping, Thylacine Research Unit, Mothman Festival, CryptoFiction and More (PREVIEW) – CryptidCulture.com
- Wood Knocks and Bigfoot – A Review by Nick Redfern, Mysterious Universe
- Mothman At 50: What Do We Know? – Nick Redfern, Mysterious Universe
- VIDEO: Biorobotic stingray created from rat heart muscle cells – “I think we’ve got a biological life-form here” – Evan Ackerman, FuturisTech.info
- FLASHBACK 2015: Does Earth have a shadow biosphere? – Sarah Scoles, Aeon.co
- Another Crabtree Relative Passes Away, Mysteriously – Loren Coleman, CryptoZooNews.com
- Beloved DNC Staffer Seth Rich Shot Dead in the Back in DC, Just Hours After Calling For Dallas Unity; Conspiracy Theories Abound – Heat Street Staff – HeatSt.com
- Famous Ghost Hunter Dies in Mysterious Circumstances After “Negative Force” Enters His Life – Dana Matthews, WeekInWeird.com
Para Normal / Super Natural
- The Parapsychology Foundation YouTube Channel – Carlos Alvarado
- EVENT: TarotCon 2016 – October 8th, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
- USA’s Psychic Spy Program with Edwin C. May (Video) – New Thinking Allowed
Demonic Possession or Social Contagion?
- 22 schoolgirls ‘suffered mass demonic possession’ and foamed at mouth after playing game of ‘Charlie Charlie’ – Stephen Jones, Mirror.co.uk
- FLASHBACK 2015: Was the Charlie Charlie Challenge Really a Viral Marketing Hoax? Many skeptics now maintain the “Charlie Charlie challenge” that hit social media was just a “viral marketing hoax” for a horror movie. Was that the case? Kim LaCapria, Jun 2, 2015 – Snopes.com
- FLASHBACK 2015: Where did Charlie Charlie Challenge come from? BBC.com
- ‘A Scanner Darkly’ is Way Better than ‘Blade Runner’ – Of all the cinematic Philip K. Dick adaptions, this one is the best. Ryan Britt, Inverse.com
- 10 Great Movies That Owe a Deep Debt to Philip K. Dick – Tim Grierson, PopularMechanics.com
- FLASHBACK 2014: Take the Red Popcorn: Gnosticism in Cinema – Red Pill Junkie, Mysterious Universe
- Secret Cinema: Gnostic Vision in Film Book by Eric G. Wilson
- The War Over Soon-to-Be-Outdated Army Intelligence Systems – Patrick Tucker, DefenseOne.com
- The Forgotten Jewish Pirates of Jamaica – Ross Kenneth Urken, SmithsonianMag.com
- Researchers blur the line between classical and quantum physics by connecting chaos and entanglement – Sonia Fernandez, Phys.org
- Data Mining Reveals the Six Basic Emotional Arcs of Storytelling – TechnologyReview.com
- Mo. police: Armed robbers used Pokemon Go to target victims – ABC7Chicago.com
- Allergic to life: the Arizona residents ‘sensitive to the whole world’ – In Snowflake, people tell Kathleen Hale they have found refuge in the desert to escape fragrances, electricity, Wi-Fi and other facets of modern life – TheGuardian.com
[NOTE: Inclusion of news & event info is purely informational
and does not indicate endorsement.]
Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 7/14/2016